Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 1,394 Words
  • 1,584 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2015 Prompt Responses - 8. Prompt 395 - Romantic Dinner?

You have come home to a surprise. Your home is clean, your favorite meal is sitting on the table, candles are lit, soft music is playing, and your favorite flowers are sitting in a vase by the kitchen sink. This would be very romantic, but you aren't dating and you aren't sure how someone got into your home. Is this a romantic surprise or are you being stalked?

I frowned as I pulled into my driveway. I didn’t remember turning on my porch light that morning. I usually waited until I got home in the evening before turning on any lights in the house. There was a faint glow of light emanating from my living room window, too. I must have been more out of it than I thought this morning.

Today had been a day from hell. I got into a fender bender on the way to work, so I was late for a meeting with important clients. They weren’t impressed and found nothing but fault with my presentation. Needless to say, we didn’t get the contract. My boss chewed me out for an hour in his office. He put the blame squarely on me, even though the majority of the ideas I presented originated from him. The only ideas of mine that my boss deigned to allow me to include were the only ones the potential clients were impressed by. Too bad it wasn’t enough.

To top off this horrible, awful, no-good, very bad day, the Chinese food I stopped to get for dinner ended up all over the floor of my car when I had to brake suddenly for some idiot who cut me off.

I scooped up my briefcase and the overturned Chinese food and headed into my house. I froze when I stepped inside the door. My normally ‘lived-in’ house was spotless; I hadn’t cleaned it in over two weeks. There was a meal sitting on my dining room table. The odors wafting my way informed me it was my favorite – steak and garlic mashed potatoes. Shadows played on the walls from the flickering light of the candles gracing the middle of the table. Looking past the dining room into the kitchen, I observed the bright yellow cheeriness of my favorite flower – daffodils – in a vase next to the sink. Soft, old-school, jazz made the romantic atmosphere complete.

There was only one problem. I was single and lived alone.

I set the bags down softly and turned to exit my house. I was afraid someone was still inside.

“Welcome home, Jason.”

A chill ran down my spine as I turned around to face the speaker. A well-dressed man stood beside the dining room table, holding a single yellow daffodil in his pale hands. He had jet-black hair which stood in stark contrast to his milky white skin. It must have been the way the light hit his complexion; no one was naturally that pale, even in winter.

He chuckled, a low rumbling sound that would have been sexy under other circumstances. “Aren’t you going to say ‘hello’?”

“Hi.” I looked directly into his dark eyes and trembled at the cold amusement I saw there. “Who the hell are you?”

“Manners, Jason, manners.” He took a step towards me.

I wanted to flee, but remained rooted in place. I have no idea why. My brain was screaming at me to run away.

“I’ve prepared your favorite meal. Come and eat it before it gets cold.” He pulled out a chair and gestured for me to sit.

Despite every instinct in my body telling me to flee, I found myself moving almost mechanically to the chair and sitting down. The meal looked and smelled incredible. There was a filet mignon crusted with herbs and glistening with sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli with a cheddar cheese sauce. A glass of red wine accompanied the exquisite meal.

The man sat down across from me. “Dig in. Enjoy!”

“You still haven’t told me your name.”

“My name is Alexander.”

“Why are you doing this? I don’t even know you.”

“Oh, but I know you, Jason. I thought it was time we were properly introduced.”

“How did you get into my house?”

He clucked his tongue disapprovingly. “Let’s not worry about any of that. Eat! I went to a lot of trouble for you today. The least you could do is enjoy my efforts.”

I glanced at the door and weighed my options. I felt like a fool for not running the minute I realized that someone was in my house.

“I can make it to the door well before you can, Jason. I don’t understand why you aren’t digging right in. It is your favorite, after all.” He frowned.

I shook off the chill threatening to overtake me. I was terrified to eat in case the food was poisoned, but was equally as terrified about what this man would do to me if I didn’t. I cut into the steak and it was cooked perfectly – rare, just the way I like it. I have to say that the meal was phenomenal. If I wasn’t petrified, I would have been moaning with every bite.

Alexander was quiet throughout the meal. He sipped his glass of wine as I slowly consumed the meal, watching me the entire time. I hoped that I would survive whatever hell this man was going to put me through. I believed him when he said he could make it to the door before me.

I ate the entire meal because I was afraid not to. Every time I made a motion to set my fork down, Alexander looked at me with disapproval. After I consumed the last bite, he smiled.

“How did you enjoy your last meal?”

I froze. I didn’t expect him to be so direct about his intentions.

“Well?” he demanded.

“It was delicious. You’re a good cook.” I gulped. “What are you going to do to me?” I whispered.

He laughed. It was a chilling, malicious, horrible sound. “I’m going to give you a choice. One that was not offered to me.” He stood up and walked around the table until he was standing directly in front of me.

I was paralyzed with fear. He held out his hand and I felt compelled to take it. I wondered what the hell was wrong with me. His hand was ice cold. He drew me into a standing position and pulled me close to him. He held me and I was rigid in his embrace. His body was rock hard and his touch chilled me to the bone.

“Relax, Jason. I’m not going to hurt you.” He purred into my ear.

My body seemed to have a will of its own as I felt myself relaxing into his embrace, despite feeling anything but relaxed.

“That’s it…my love,” he whispered into my hair.

My love? I knew in that instant that I was going to die. I only hoped he made it quick.

“I’ve been observing you for months. You are so beautiful. That son-of-a-bitch Aaron didn’t deserve you.”

“You know Aaron?” I asked. Aaron was my ex who dumped me about three months ago before moving out of town. I now wondered if Aaron had actually moved.

“You don’t have to worry about him anymore. I took care of him for you.”

Tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of what this monster had done to my ex. Aaron was a decent guy and didn’t deserve to meet any foul play.

“You mourn him, don’t you? I’m not surprised.” He lay his cheek on my head as he gently swayed in time with the music. “You’re such a caring soul. It’s part of why I fell in love with you.”

The tears cascaded down my cheeks now. Alexander pulled back from me and wiped them away with his freezing hands. “Come now, let’s get more comfortable.” He led me by my hand to my bedroom and my stomach roiled. I didn’t want to be raped.

He pushed me gently down on the bed and climbed next to me, pulling me into his side. He caressed the side of my face with his thumb and ran his hand down my neck. “You are exquisite. Seeing you close up only makes me want you more.” The hunger in his eyes made me want to scream. He leaned in and kissed my neck. He licked and bit his way up and down my neck, before nuzzling into my shoulder, breathing hard. He sat back and looked at me and his eyes were now red. Honest to God red! He smiled, revealing sharp canines.

“I’m going to offer you that choice now…”

What do you think Jason's choice will be? Will Alexander actually abide by Jason's choice? Please 'like' or review and let me know how you liked this twisted tale. Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2015 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

HOLY CRAP! Why didn't Jason run? And what did Alexander do to Aaron? That was creeptacular! I do and I don't want to know what happens next.......

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Talk about a creepy, My Bloody Valentine's day. Its very sinister and i could see them through the window. Yikes!!! Great job Val.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love vampire stories :D Vampires are cool (unlike Zombies :gikkle: ) Can the vampire take care of his boss next :lol:

Great prompt, well done Penguin :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I want to read the full story of these guys. Alexander wants to come off nice with that choice, but he is going to kill Jason either by turning him or... well... killing him. Kind of a douchebag move when you claim to sort of love someone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Holy Cow, Val--I'm not gonna look at a romantic dinner the same way ever again. :) Or Valentine's Day...or daffodils...or steak. The only good point is that my feelings remain unchanged toward broccoli. Hate it, thanks for making it even creepier. :)

 

Like molly, I do and I don't want to know more...and that's a very clever thing to do to your readers. Awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 06:21 AM, mollyhousemouse said:
HOLY CRAP! Why didn't Jason run? And what did Alexander do to Aaron? That was creeptacular! I do and I don't want to know what happens next.......
The vampire had some sort of hold over Jason, so he couldn't run, no matter how much he wanted to. I fear for poor Aaron. Bearing the brunt of a vampire's jealousy is not a good thing for anyone. This prompt just screamed 'creepy' to me, so I had to go that route. lol I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the review. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 07:32 AM, Cole Matthews said:
Talk about a creepy, My Bloody Valentine's day. Its very sinister and i could see them through the window. Yikes!!! Great job Val.
Thanks, Cole. :) I had to go creepy with this one. I'm glad it worked.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 07:36 AM, comicfan said:
Oh my. Obsessive much? lol
Just a tad...lol Thanks for the review :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 07:51 AM, Rook Lee said:
Creepy vampire stalker ahhhh!

I love it.

Thanks, Rook. I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 10:09 AM, Slytherin said:
I love vampire stories :D Vampires are cool (unlike Zombies :gikkle: ) Can the vampire take care of his boss next :lol:

Great prompt, well done Penguin :D

Thanks, LBO. I know of one cool zombie...;):gikkle: I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 10:40 AM, Puppilull said:
I want to read the full story of these guys. Alexander wants to come off nice with that choice, but he is going to kill Jason either by turning him or... well... killing him. Kind of a douchebag move when you claim to sort of love someone.
I have too many other projects going on right now, so I won't be revisiting these guys. I don't trust Alexander to abide by Jason's wishes if he chooses not to be turned. Not the best way to start eternity with someone. :/ Thanks for the review! :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/14/2015 02:07 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
Holy Cow, Val--I'm not gonna look at a romantic dinner the same way ever again. :) Or Valentine's Day...or daffodils...or steak. The only good point is that my feelings remain unchanged toward broccoli. Hate it, thanks for making it even creepier. :)

 

Like molly, I do and I don't want to know more...and that's a very clever thing to do to your readers. Awesome.

I'm glad I could make broccoli even creepier for you, CG. lol Thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

YOU ARE EVIL!!!

Wayne better have an appropriate prompt next week so you can finish this thing up! Otherwise you may come home to a clean house and your favorite meal waiting for you...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/28/2015 09:47 PM, Carlos Hazday said:
YOU ARE EVIL!!!

Wayne better have an appropriate prompt next week so you can finish this thing up! Otherwise you may come home to a clean house and your favorite meal waiting for you...

Ooooo...I'd love a clean a house and a good meal! :gikkle: Sorry, Carlos but this one probably won't be revisited. You'll have to use your imagination as to what happens next. :evil: Thanks for the review! :)
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..