Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 1,352 Words
  • 1,435 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Christmas Songbook - 9. He Sings a Love Song (Nine ladies dancing)

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
nine ladies dancing

Alan took a sip of coffee as he waited at their usual table at Ori’s coffee shop slash greasy spoon slash bar and immediately flinched. Cold. Gross! Who would arrive first? Irritated with himself, he pushed his plate away. His stomach was tied in knots. The door opened with a jingle and at least that question was answered, when a tall red-haired guy sashayed over. Ray. Of course.

His friend threw himself in one of the empty chairs. Then he leaned over the table, snatched the untouched wrap, and took a huge bite out of it. “You’re not eating this, right?” he asked with his mouth full of avocado, mozzarella, and pesto. After he swallowed, thankfully, he looked expectantly at Alan. ”Dish!”

Alan squirmed in his seat. “Let’s wait for the others, okay?”

Ray shrugged, eying Alan’s coffee next. As if she materialized out of thin air, Ori stood beside their table with the coffee pot in her hand. “More?” Then she turned to Ray. “Do you plan on ordering your own food any time today or do you just going to steal Alan’s?”

“Uhh, sassy.” Ray fanned himself exaggeratedly. Ori huffed and stomped away.

“Do you think the rumors are true?” Ray leaned closer to Alan.

“What rumors?”

Ray came even closer. “That Ori was a famous queen back in the day, but when she came out as trans she got so much shade thrown at her she quit?”

Alan squinted at the tiny woman puttering around behind the counter. ”So what? Ori accepts us, lets us alienate her customers every night after we need to come down after performing at B&B’s without blinking an eye. That’s what counts in my book.”

“Sheesh. I was just repeating rumors.” Ray rolled his eyes.

“Well, don’t. If it’s true, which is none of our concern, she doesn’t need you bringing this shit to her business.”

Ray easily managed to pout and devour the rest of Alan’s wrap at the same time.

Akeno was second immediately followed by Charlie. He wore his trademark everyday outfit of loose-fitting black silk pants and a monochromatic blouse. Today it was white with ruffles. He pulled a chair out and sat down with an exaggerated sigh. ”My shoes are killing me.” He lifted his left leg and presented a golden heel. ”But aren’t they pretty?”

Ray plucked at Charlie’s pants. “What are you wearing? Pajamas?” Charlie ripped his leg away and screeched. “This is the new loungewear line from DC Nomad, you heathen!”

“DC No one you mean.”

Charlie threw his hair back, then flapped his hand in dismissal. “You have to have the face for wearing his stuff.”

“Exactly.” Ray looked smug.

“Why are you always so mean to me?” Charlie’s chin trembled.

“Because I can?” Ray looked in the round. “You always act so beautifully woebegone.”

“Ass!”

In the meantime, Alex and Petey had added their chairs to the round. Alex grinned. “I see you started without us. What’s the tea?”

Petey passed Charlie a napkin. ”For your crocodile tears, hunty.”

Suddenly a gigantic golden shoe landed on the table with a loud bang.

Everyone fell silent. Akeno glared. ”We’re here because Alan asked for our help, and all you are doing is squabbling and bitchin’. ”

“Is this about your new man, Al?” Petey asked.

“Yes.” Alex bent forward. “Does he hate Blanka?”

Ray jumped from his chair. ”He hates Blanka? I will skin the jackass alive. Blanka is wonderful. Perfect.”

“Do you need us to pay him a visit?” Alex seemed ready to let his fists fly.

“What? No. Dae is perfect.” Alan smiled.

Akeno lifted his shoe, threatening to bang it on the table again. “Would you let him speak?” He touched his arm. “What can we do Alan?”

“Um… Do you know the song, The Twelve Days of Christmas?

“The Muppet song ?” Petey scrunched his forehead and hummed before he sang, “On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree.”

Charlie perked up. “Oh, yes I remember! On the second day… what was that? A cow?”

“Two turtle doves, you moron.” Alex rolled his eyes.

Akeno knocked on the table. “Some of us seem to know some parts, others seem to take creative liberties. To hide their ignorance.” He looked at Charlie, who giggled. “I happen to like cows.”

Alex turned to Alan. “Ignore the idiots. What did you have in mind?”

“There is that part where nine ladies are dancing—”

“Gotcha! Nine queens!” Ray looked in the round. “But we are only seven.”

“Let that be my problem. I know just the two ladies.” Akeno winked. “And which song will you sing?”

Alan got his phone out and showed them a video. Annie Lennox sang Winter Wonderland. “The song is perfect for Blanka.” Akeno clapped his hands. “She will be the perfect Annie. You even have similar voices.”

Alan bit his bottom lip. ”You think?”

“We totally need an emcee!” Petey looked at the others. “Right?”

“I’ll ask Mario.” Alex got his phone out.

Akeno hugged Alan. “Rehearsals every day after the show, till Friday.”

 

On Christmas Eve, one emcee in a tux and top hat, as well as nine queens in full regalia, filed into the elevator of an apartment building north of the city proper. They rode up to the ninth floor and waited in the foyer, chittering excitedly. Mario knocked on apartment number nine.

A man wearing the ugliest sweater ever opened the door. Mario’s eyes widened. For a very short moment, he was without words. The man looked down at himself self-consciously. ”Too much?”

Mario shook his head. “No, it’s perfect.” He squeezed his eyelids shut.

“Wait? Aren’t you one of the emcees at B&B’s?” The man involuntarily took a step forward.

“You know B&B’s?” Mario looked over his shoulder at the nine ladies, clad glamorously in black. One in silver lamé.

“Oh yes! I mean— I haven’t been there for a while, but—” He sounded like a fan.

“Are you Dae?”

“I am.”

“Then you will absolutely love your surprise!” Mario enthused. “Follow me! Follow me!”

“What? Where are we going? I can’t. I’m expecting my— a visitor.”

“Only for a short time.” Mario winked and waved with his hands to follow him. ”Come on.”

When Dae entered the foyer, his eyes widened. ”Val Can!” He looked from one queen to another. “Evie Electric. Oh my God! And Sasha Ryde.”

Mario clapped his hands. “Everyone! Here is Dae from apartment number nine on the ninth floor, wearing the ugliest sweater I’ve ever seen, ready to meet nine ladies dancing!” He pointed at them. “And he knows aaalll your names!“ They immediately clapped and cheered. Then Mario turned to the beaming Dae. “But do you know Blanka Blankenese?”

Dae shook his head. “No, but I’ve heard fantastic things. She’s very beautiful and has a wonderful voice.”

“That’s her! And I know you will be happy to hear that the fantastic, fabulous, hot Blanka Blankenese came to you to sing Winter Wonderland only for you, accompanied by eight of B&B’s fiercest ladies.”

Right on cue, the queens took a half step back except for Blanka, who emerged from behind them, wearing a long, slim, gleaming silver lamé dress.

“Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?” She looked into Dae’s eyes.

“In the lane, snow is glistening

A beautiful sight

We're happy tonight

Walking in a winter wonderland”

...

Blanka bowed, turned around, and pointed at each of her friends, and stretched her arms out as if she wanted to embrace each of them.

“Alan? Is that you?” Dae stood directly in front of Blanka.

Mario clapped again and herded everyone back to the elevator. “That’s our cue. Back to Ori’s. Alan is buying.”

“Aw....”

“Everyone! You too, Ray.”

And nine ladies filed back in the elevator and had nine cocktails or a few more.

“You look so beautiful.” Dae lifted himself on his tiptoes and pressed a ginger kiss on Blanka/Alan’s cheek. “Let’s celebrate Christmas.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoraVkKtKzYtake

This was my last story in the songbook. Thank you for reading, reacting, and commenting. But there’s still more to come.
Merry Christmas!
Happy Holidays!
~ Aditus.
Copyright © 2021 Valkyrie, Cole Matthews, Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



  • Site Administrator
13 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

What a great short...thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable and a reminder that the best gifts are those not purchased but of time and from the heart!!! 

On a side note, I can remember singing a slightly different version at a xmas party😁...lyrics by Bob Rivers

 

"Lacey things, the wife is missing.
Didn't ask, for her permission
I'm wearing her clothes,
Her silk pantyhose.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.

In the store, there's a teddy.
With little straps, like spagHetti.
It holds me so tight,
Like handcuffs at night.
Walking 'round in women's underwear

In the office there's a guy named Melvin.
He pretends that I am Murphy Brown.
He'll say "Are you ready?"
I'll say, "Woah man! Lets wait until the wife is out of town."
Later on, if you wanna,
We can dress, like Madonna.
Put on some eye shade, and join the parade.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.

Lacey things, missing.
Didn't ask, permission.
Wearing her clothes, silk pantyhose.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.
Walking 'round in women's underwear...... "

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Very fun!   Thank you all for this series, it's been brightening my days  in this otherwise stressful time of year.  

Thank you, for reading our stories and commenting on them. It's always nice to learn what readers think about them. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A great piece of fun, thanks for writing these tales to brighten our days.

Thank you for reading our offerings. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

What a great short...thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable and a reminder that the best gifts are those not purchased but of time and from the heart!!! 

On a side note, I can remember singing a slightly different version at a xmas party😁...lyrics by Bob Rivers

 

"Lacey things, the wife is missing.
Didn't ask, for her permission
I'm wearing her clothes,
Her silk pantyhose.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.

In the store, there's a teddy.
With little straps, like spagHetti.
It holds me so tight,
Like handcuffs at night.
Walking 'round in women's underwear

In the office there's a guy named Melvin.
He pretends that I am Murphy Brown.
He'll say "Are you ready?"
I'll say, "Woah man! Lets wait until the wife is out of town."
Later on, if you wanna,
We can dress, like Madonna.
Put on some eye shade, and join the parade.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.

Lacey things, missing.
Didn't ask, permission.
Wearing her clothes, silk pantyhose.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.
Walking 'round in women's underwear.
Walking 'round in women's underwear...... "

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Thank you, for your great comments and the slightly different version.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, raven1 said:

I loved this great story.  It reminded me of long ago times living at college in a house filled with some very loving and often bitchy guys who liked to party in drag. The dialogue was like listening to them prepare for one of the many parties they loved to do.  Thank you so much!

I'm glad you liked the story and the dialogues. Thank you for reading and commenting, raven. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Mawgrim said:

This was lovely. It's been such a surprise each day seeing how the various authors manage to follow the song so creatively.

Thank you, Mawgrim. It was quite the challenge, but  I had so much fun.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Such a fun expression of the holidays and an awesome interpretation of this stanza.  A lovely vignette of Christmas cheer, which the “ladies” are imbibing as we speak!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Cole Matthews said:

Such a fun expression of the holidays and an awesome interpretation of this stanza.  A lovely vignette of Christmas cheer, which the “ladies” are imbibing as we speak!

🎅:hug:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

OK.  Here’s my addition!

 

This is so much Christmas fun! Thanks!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, raven1 said:

This is so much Christmas fun! Thanks!!!!!

It’s a favorite around here on one of the local radio stations.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

This was much fun. And the song The Twelve Days of Christmas   starts to linger

Edited by dutch woman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

This is another classic version of The Twelve Days of Christmas :rofl:  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..