Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 441 Words
  • 1,871 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Promptings from Valhalla - 15. Love Thy Neighbor?

Here is another prompt written in concert with Cole Matthews. Please check out his vastly different response in "Dinner is Prompt-ly at Eight".

 

The prompt: With a new outlook on life, a 400-year-old vampire becomes obsessed with a neighbor.

Love Thy Neighbor?

The lighter blond strands streaking the otherwise sandy-blond hair of the man in the house next door practically glowed in the light of the reading lamp perched above the bed. The refraction of light through the window glass produced an effect that almost resembled a halo. Alexander chuckled lowly at the irony. His ice-blue eyes maintained a blinkless gaze on the man reading in the large bed. Every movement of the man’s lips as he read the text mesmerized him. His neighbor’s lips were cherry-red from when he bit them during what Alexander assumed were particularly suspenseful passages.

The man set the book down next to him and raised his arms above his head, grimacing as he stretched. The movement lifted his white night shirt, revealing a trim physique with the right amount of hair for Alexander’s taste.

Alexander licked his lips and shifted in his chair, producing a creak of protest from the old piece of furniture. For the first time he could remember, his feeling of lust wasn’t for blood, but for his beautiful new neighbor. After 400 years, Alexander had finally reached a point in his unlife where he wanted more than the weekly feedings which sustained his existence. While the high when a live human’s blood coursed through his veins was hard to resist, he wanted more from life, especially since he was essentially immortal.

Alexander turned away from the window and gripped the arm of the chair tightly, shattering it. He stood and kicked the rest of the offending wooden seat into splinters, then clenched his hands into fists in an attempt to quell his rage. The image of Cassius, his maker, running into the bright sunlight that meant certain death, was seared into his mind. Cassius had offered no explanation or apology. He simply acted. Alexander was still dealing with the fall-out, even fifty years later. In the past, he would have flown out of the house and found some hapless human to expend his anger on. Now….

He retrieved another chair and resumed his watch at the window. His neighbor was now sound asleep with the light off. Alexander’s preternatural eyes didn’t need any extra light to see the sleeping man clearly, however. He was even more beautiful while slumbering.

When dawn approached, Alexander had no choice but to close the curtains and enter his own sleep for the day. Before he closed his eyes, he made a resolution. He was going to introduce himself to his new neighbor come nightfall.

This was a perfect prompt for the season... :devil:  What do you think will happen when Alexander introduces himself to his neighbor?  
Copyright © 2018 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Alluring and mysterious. Certainly a little more upbeat than Cole’s interpretation. Beginning to wonder about the darkness in you two. 😊

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So both vamps have blond neighbours? A common preference perhaps among the instead? LOL I have a feeling Alexander will use all those years of experience to woo the guy silly. Before a light snack... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/8/2017 at 7:22 PM, Parker Owens said:

Ooooh, spooky and scary, that's certain. And seductive, too...

Thanks :) Glad you liked it. 

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/8/2017 at 9:53 PM, BlindAmbition said:

Alluring and mysterious. Certainly a little more upbeat than Cole’s interpretation. Beginning to wonder about the darkness in you two. 😊

LOL  Well it's a prompt about a vampire... to me, that evokes a certain sense of darkness.  ;)  Thanks for reading.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/8/2017 at 11:40 PM, droughtquake said:

Well hopefully, it’s a happy beginning!  :-)

Who knows?  It doesn't tend to end well for humans who have vampire stalkers, though... :unsure: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
20 hours ago, Puppilull said:

So both vamps have blond neighbours? A common preference perhaps among the instead? LOL I have a feeling Alexander will use all those years of experience to woo the guy silly. Before a light snack... 

I think you're probably right about the snack ;)  I think the blond preference may be more the authors' preference as opposed to an undead one ;) lol  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, dughlas said:

Peeking at your sleeping neighbor isn't creepy, not creepy at all not even for a vampire :)

:unsure::gikkle: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am intrigued. Going to close my curtains now :( . Great prompt response, Val. A wonderfully painted scene. Cheers... Gary....

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 10/10/2017 at 9:42 PM, Headstall said:

I don't have an answer to your question, but I am intrigued. Going to close my curtains now :( . Great prompt response, Val. A wonderfully painted scene. Cheers... Gary....

Somehow I missed this comment... thanks, Gary.  Glad you liked it :hug:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, Sherye said:

Well, a gay vampire! MMMMMM VERY INTERESTING, my dear! 

:gikkle:  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..