I hate it when...

DomLuka

I hate it when.........

People blame television, music, and video games for things their kids do. NEWSFLASH-- These things aren't babysitters

Did you read that book, I think it's titled "Everything Bad is Good for You"? It basically said that video games and modern cartoons are good educational tools, teaching both fine motor and problem-solving skills.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when.........

People blame television, music, and video games for things their kids do. NEWSFLASH-- These things aren't babysitters

Did you read that book, I think it's titled "Everything Bad is Good for You"? It basically said that video games and modern cartoons are good educational tools, teaching both fine motor and problem-solving skills.

I heard a report about that on the news. How come nobody sues the govt. when an ex-military person goes wacko and kills, like McVeigh?

I hate it when.........

I heard a report about that on the news. How come nobody sues the govt. when an ex-military person goes wacko and kills, like McVeigh?

You always come up with the most interesting questions. I'm not sure how to answer that one. But....you stump me all the time.

Mag

I hate it when I lose still more of what little faith I had left in humanity. I was on the bus today and it stopped to pick up a guy, who for some reason decided to stand out in the road and dig through his wallet for the fare. Then there's a few really confused moments where this white car goes speeding past on the right and the guy disappears from view. We all thought he'd been run over, but as it turns out the driver of the car tried to snatch his wallet. The guy held on, and the driver stood on the gas, dragging the guy for a few feet until finally the wallet tore in half and he fell on his face in the middle of the road. Just a lovely display of human behavior, don't you think?

Val

I hate it when.........

You always come up with the most interesting questions. I'm not sure how to answer that one. But....you stump me all the time.

Mag

Just a stump? :blink:

I hate it when

... you are trying to get a resume out and your motherboard decides it is the perfect time to die.

... you only have the stupid restore CD's from your computer manufacturer

... it seems like Bill Gates is more in charge of my life than I am

... I hear the fireworks at Disneyland and know that at least 2 people are having fun while I curse at the damn thing

... stress is making my back pain worse and the Dr. wants me to go back on low dose antidepressant (way not cool) :thumbdown::angry: and lose 10 pounds :(

... I know the antidepressant will have certain sexual side effects that will make losing the 10 pounds more difficult :whistle: (amongst other things)

I hate it when I lose still more of what little faith I had left in humanity. I was on the bus today and it stopped to pick up a guy, who for some reason decided to stand out in the road and dig through his wallet for the fare. Then there's a few really confused moments where this white car goes speeding past on the right and the guy disappears from view. We all thought he'd been run over, but as it turns out the driver of the car tried to snatch his wallet. The guy held on, and the driver stood on the gas, dragging the guy for a few feet until finally the wallet tore in half and he fell on his face in the middle of the road. Just a lovely display of human behavior, don't you think?

Val

Did you also note any kind acts following this incident, like helping the guy?

-- yech -- I feel all 'Rainbow' like :blink: - I think I need a shower

:king: Snow Dog

I hate it when.........

Mag

:*)

His questions stump my brain. What you are implyling more than a stump........but we will just keep that in our bedroom like Snow Dog has asked. :whistle:

Mag

I hate it when.........

Mag

His questions stump my brain. What you are implyling more than a stump........but we will just keep that in our bedroom like Snow Dog has asked. :whistle:

Mag

I have to wonder about the size of the stump that would reach her brain :P

I usually don't stump her brain in the bedroom anyway :jerry:

Edited by gobears20022002

I hate it when.........

Mag

Mag

I have to wonder about the size of the stump that would reach her brain :P

I usually don't stump her brain in the bedroom anyway :jerry:

6.gif STOP THAT STOP THAT

This thread has gotten entirely too silly :off:

I hate it when

... I am hungry but know I will puke if I eat

... I'm so nervous waiting for my cell to buzz (that's cell phone, not terrorist cell)

... I can't do my current job because I am nervous about the next one

... I really want the job, but really don't want to move.

... I can't think of anything more to type, so I just tap my fingers a;sldkfj a;sldkfj

... I see 'gobears' and read 'goobers' :P

EDIT:

... you get the e-mail saying the guy who was supposed to call you got slammed and wants to put it off 'till Monday :(:D

Edited by Snow Dog

I hate it when

... I get up too late for the headache to be stopped by that first cup of coffee.

... because you are late with the first cup of coffee, the headache will remain all day.

... the caffeine headace is bad enough to break through the pain medication you are taking for your back.

... I suddenly realize (again) that I'll never ride a roller coaster again :(:angry:

... I'm feeling sorry for myself for no good reason :angry:

I hate it when..

..my boss is running the kitchen and her negativity causes the cooks to get flustered and crash.

..the next day I run the kitchen and they rock, but my bosses negativity causes the servers to crash

..when I try to talk to my boss about the problem and her response is "I can't change my personality." :wacko:

Mag

I hate it when...

...I'm so nervous before my first day of work that I feel like I can't make a single clothing decision and get even more nervous at the thought that I'll turn up to work badly dressed

...my bf's advice of 'wear black' really isn't helpful

I hate it when...

...lazy people call the switchboard to look up a number they could easily look up themselves, and then are horrifically rude when asked to repeat themselves. Look it up yourself in the first place you lazy b*tch!!!

I hate it when...

...lazy people call the switchboard to look up a number they could easily look up themselves, and then are horrifically rude when asked to repeat themselves. Look it up yourself in the first place you lazy b*tch!!!

Welcome to life. Or that small slice sandwiched between semesters.

Sharon

I hate it when...

- the power flicks in the middle of the night from a storm and my freaking alarm doesn't go off and I wake up late.

- after eight nights of insomnia, I actually break down and take something to help me sleep, and the power flicks in the middle of the night from a storm and the one time I really need it, my freaking alarm doesn't go off.

- I finally leave for work (very late) and between the front door and the car I remember its trash day and as usual I'm the only one available to put the trash out.

- I get in my car and realize that I really, really need gas to get to work because I was too lazy to stop last night.

- I have to deal with the bruise on my forehead from banging it against the steering wheel.

Sharon

I hate it when

... I have to read my thesis to prepare a presentation for part of my job interview, and I realize that I am probably the only person who will ever read it.

... I find 15 typos in the first 100 pages :angry:

:king: Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal

I hate it when friends are fighting... :angry:

I try to stay out of it and end up pissing off everybody. :pissed:

...and it's something that I didn't even instigate! :devil:

OMG :o

I guess you're OK, since you're here telling us about it, but ... OMG. That's scary.

Kitty

Yeah, got off the road just in time. I don't think it made me feel better that like 5 different people told me how lucky I was I didn't die.

Val

Yeah, got off the road just in time. I don't think it made me feel better that like 5 different people told me how lucky I was I didn't die.

Val

I once got my front end clipped by someone deciding they wanted to be in my lane and not looking to see that I was already there. I was goin' 65 when I started to spin and was probably going 30 when I plowed strait into the sound wall, no airbags. I love my seatbelts. An least I didn't get bruised because I saw it coming and braced myself with my arms against the steering wheel (again, no airbag). My passenger got bruises, but nothing major. It didn't do my back any good :( . The weird part is the complete silence after the loud 'crunch' sound. The worst part was that the force of the impact was enough to pop the tape into the radio (I had ejected it between songs). After 2 seconds of amazing silence, Blondie's "One Way or Another" starts blasting at 'freeway' volume and I don't have the strenght to lift my body against the seat belt and turn the damn thing off.

Three different sets of cars stopped to see if we were ok, nobody got the license :angry: , but I'm still here to brighten ( :lmao: ) your day, so that is all that matters.

:king: Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal

• 2 weeks later...