Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Why does everyone hate Zach?

I asked this in the comments section, but I'm trying to get a feel for why Zach is so reviled.  He is not without his faults (as Chapter 52 will reveal) but he has been very open with Will about his priorities (football) and what that means for his life (he'll live in the closet).  So why?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

He walked out of my room and I watched him go. He was an evil guy, the kind of guy that would do whatever it took to get what he wanted

poor Man’s Son chp 27 ………

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Gary L said:

He walked out of my room and I watched him go. He was an evil guy, the kind of guy that would do whatever it took to get what he wanted

poor Man’s Son chp 27 ………

I've got a feeling we might see evil Zach again. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, impunity said:

I've got a feeling we might see evil Zach again. 

Sadly, I agree.  But it’s in mr A’s hands……. In Poor Man’s Son you can see the twisted creature that he is.  

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • 11 months later...

Zach has been a douchebag since the say he entered CAP. Getting with John, one of my favorite CAP characters, just because he could and it fucked with Will is enough reason for me to hate Zach for life.

I am 3/4 of the way through my first, painful reread of 9-11, the chapters where everyone is trying to warn Will off Zach, especially Gathan. Will goes all Volcano Will on everyone, including JP, Stef, Brad and Gathan. Despite all the warnings of what a self-serving asshole Zach is, Will buys Zach a car, buying into Zach's bullshit.

Despite Will's poor treatment of Gathan, and getting Gathan removed as the main trustee on Zach's trust, everything that Gathan said about Zach was true, and more. On balance, I think Zach has been a bigger hurt to Will than a benefit. Will would have been better served to have spent his high school years with someone he could be out, open and grow with.

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..