New teen here...

Hi All:

I just became a member and I hope I could write a store at the main site. What is the requirments to be an author?

BabyEvan (First post)

Hi All:

I just became a member and I hope I could write a store at the main site. What is the requirments to be an author?

BabyEvan (First post)

Hi Evan, when I first joined I just read the FAQ's. Hope you enjoy it here.

Hey...welcome to GA.

As a new author myself, i would suggest yo get in touch with JSmith. To post your stories in the e-fiction, you'll need a change in your member status. JSmith will be able to help you out there.

I would also suggest you get in touch with TalonRider if you need an editor for your story.

I wish you the very best for your endeavors here at GA. Hope to read your story when it is uploaded....

hot_bsk aka BeaStKid

okies...

first of all, welcome.

second off.. unless the rules have changed drastically you do not need to have any status to post things in e-fiction, you just can not post on the announcement boards with out 'author' status. So feel free to post your story, then contact the admins to let them know you have.

thirdly, you need to have at least five posts to get out of "n00bie" status and activate some of the more interesting things on the boards (like PMs and Blogs)

looking forward to working with you,

Lugh

• Site Administrator
Hi All:

BabyEvan (First post)

Welcome! :D

You've already got the main requirement to be an author -- the desire to write :P

Posting to eFiction is straightforward, though it's just gone through an upgrade so there is the possibility of a couple of hiccups along the way. You can wait until you have five posts on the forums so you can PM JSmith or you can email joe@gayauthors.org and ask to have yourself added to the "Authors" group. There is also the Sneak Peeks forum (once you have five posts) where you can put up a sample of your writing for comment and constructive feedback, before posting it publicly.

Good luck!

Graeme :)

Wow, I wish I could train the people at work as well as I did you guys. I don't even have to respond and my name and email is dropped 3 times ;) Thanks guys!

As they said, the FAQs will help you with most of the things you need. Anything else, feel free to PM or email myself or one of the other Admins or Global Moderators for help.

Welcome to GayAuthors :)

Joe

All:

Thanks all for the replies!! Hmmm.. 5 posts before I can see the PMs and Blogs? I hope you'll enjoy my story. (It is about a young incontinent teen who met a new nieghbor, but the teen wet himself - since he didn't want to show up in his diapers (under his shorts) - but the neighbor told him it was fine.

Hope you'll like it, when its up.

Baby Evan

All:

Thanks all for the replies!! Hmmm.. 5 posts before I can see the PMs and Blogs? I hope you'll enjoy my story. (It is about a young incontinent teen who met a new nieghbor, but the teen wet himself - since he didn't want to show up in his diapers (under his shorts) - but the neighbor told him it was fine.

Baby Evan

Interesting plot...would like to see it come up..

bsk

Interesting plot...would like to see it come up..

bsk

Hmmm BeaStKid:

Thanks, I guess I can start it now since this is my 5th post! :) I didn't think I would do it so soon. Any comments on my story plot? Is it too far out there?

The boy is the son of a single mom!! He might have a younger brother (not sure yet!)

Baby Evan

Any comments on my story plot? Is it too far out there?

The boy is the son of a single mom!! He might have a younger brother (not sure yet!)

Baby Evan

Hi and welcome, Evan. It's quite difficult to judge just a plot. So go for it, write your story, get it edited/ proofread, that's what this board is about, and then you'll know. From what you said, I lack information to know if the character is going to attract my sympathy, if the diaper issue leads to more self-discoveries for the boy (is it a physiological or a psychological problem?), and so on and so on. Give it a try, and we'll go and read your story.

Hmmm BeaStKid:

Thanks, I guess I can start it now since this is my 5th post! :) I didn't think I would do it so soon. Any comments on my story plot? Is it too far out there?

Baby Evan

Hi BE,

Welcome to GA! Graeme, JSmith and TalonRider offered excellent advice. First, ask JSmith (Joe) to designate you as an "Author." Then, it would be interesting for you to post a short portion of your story in Sneak Peeks. In that your story's protagonist has an unusual condition - not that rare, I was a camp counselor years ago and had a couple of teen bed wetters - it might be wise to write a brief prologue.

You have described conditions about some of the characters and attitudes. A plot lays out the main direction of the story. What the neighbor does with the information after the incontenance is revealed would be considered more of a plot. Fatherless boy and a friendly neighbor (a man?) father figure? Maybe there's a love interest between the neighbor and the mother? A younger brother who drives the older brother nuts could be fun.

Once you're designated as an "Author", do visit the Writer's Corner and Editor's Corner often. There are some excellent topics concerning writing with which you could participate. There are so many things to consider: punctuation, typos, tense, dialogue, spelling. Are you going to write in first person? Although I now prefer third person, it is usually easier to start out in first person. Seeking out an editor is key to any author's success. Don't be shy in getting advice.

Finally, pick out a fun avatar and think of creating something in the "signature" area that says something about you. There's a good group of men and women of all ages and stripes with whom you'll enjoy interacting here at GA.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing your story.

Jack B)

Hmmm BeaStKid:

Baby Evan

I think others answered it quite well...esp. BondWriter...he's always there with gr8 suggestions when you need them.

Go on...all the best and as Jack put it...don't feel afraid to ask for help...lol :lol:

All:

Thanks all... I think I'll love being here!! I was afraid I wouldn't be welcomed. You are Gr8!!!! Thanks...

Baby Evan (post 9)

• Site Administrator
All:

Baby Evan

Hmmm BeaStKid:

Baby Evan

I've had a read of what you put up in the sneak peaks and I noticed that you have the younger character as a pre-teen, not a teen.

As Jack said, you haven't described a plot -- you've described a setting. One piece of advise that seems to be solid is to have a good idea of where the story will end before you start. That will help keep you focused on where the story is going.

Good luck!

Graeme