[Shadowgod] Is Shadowgod the King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers?

Cliffhangers  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shadowgod the King of Eeeevil Cliffhangers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Does Shadowgod use an excessive number of cliffhangers in his stories?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Was the ending of chapter 26 of Living in Surreality the nastiest cliffhanger you have ever seen?

• Yes
    • No -- I've seen worse
    • No -- I didn't think it was a cliffhanger
    • Undecided

Graeme makes a very, very good point here, that has been quite overlooked: lack of sufficient material to study. Once we have a corpus of say, ten novels per writer, maybe we can choose knowingly. So we might postpone the whole thing, and have all of them Princes of C-H until we can eventually decide.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Well certainly, let me be of assistance to you Graeme :D

Who posted in: Living in Surreality

Poster Posts C James 155 shadowgod 132 Bondwriter 55 Conner 27 colinian 26 wildone 26 Graeme 17 tracy 11 Bob D. 9 Camy 6 Benji 6 JayScott 5 Kurt 5 L0st Cause 4 knotme 4 The BeaStKid 4 Rabble_Rouser 3 DarkShadow 3 Andy 3 Jay 3 viv 3 TOPBOI 2 JSmith 2 zapthestarz 2 sungod 2 mEis 1 a.cheng 1 Arioche 1 Tom(lostone) 1 bizzymom38 1 Nick E. 1 Altimexis 1 Treyvan 1 ethan thorn 1 Rad 1 Krista 1 TonyM 1 sshsbandgeek 1 Close window & open topic

And sorry Kevin, this kinda throws the alphabetical thing out the window too. As there is nine people with names starting alphabetically before CJames B) .

And may I suggest that each member of the family is duly elected by a committee that contains no members of a previous committee to choose a title for said author :graduated: .

Thanks, Steve! This helps my theory that Google believes that C James is the real :king: King of Evil Cliffhangers :king: since his own LTMP chapter 10 discussion thread comes up as number two on the list.

Hrmmm, I note with great interest that Graeme's criteria would exclude Shadowgod from contention, yet not himself. This rather bolsters my theory that Graeme's attempt to deprive Shadowgod of his throne is at attempt to seize it for himself!! :o

As I've warned before, this is a dark and prickly antipodean plot to steal Shadowgod's title!!

Oh, and Wildone, I question your data... I think it's a statistical glitch. 0:)

:ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Um, Graeme 17 and CJ is 155

I don't really think there is much of a question regarding the postings. Besides, Graeme hasn't been accused of cliffhangers in HOTT, except by a certain goat :P .

Steve

Once again, I must point out that the comment in your sig was totally in jest. :D

Um, Graeme 17 and CJ is 155

I don't really think there is much of a question regarding the postings. Besides, Graeme hasn't been accused of cliffhangers in HOTT, except by a certain goat :P .

Steve

Once again, I must point out that the comment in your sig was totally in jest. :D

Ahhh, but Graeme DOEs have cliffhangers in HoTT. Also, the point I was making is that Graeme is proposing criteria (evaluating a numbler of completed works) that Shadowgod can't meet, but Grame, due to his much larger array of published work, CAN. I therefore can only conclude that Graeme is out to seize Shadowgod's title for himself.

How very EEEvil... :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
Ahhh, but Graeme DOEs have cliffhangers in HoTT. Also, the point I was making is that Graeme is proposing criteria (evaluating a numbler of completed works) that Shadowgod can't meet, but Grame, due to his much larger array of published work, CAN. I therefore can only conclude that Graeme is out to seize Shadowgod's title for himself.

How very EEEvil... :o

The classic glass half-full/half-empty situation. I personally see this as an incentive for Shadowgod to write more... something which would make me happy :D

The classic glass half-full/half-empty situation. I personally see this as an incentive for Shadowgod to write more... something which would make me happy :D

Agreed, I miss his writing, but I applaud him for going to college.

In the meantime, I note that I've let his fan-name poll lapse... I should have initiated the runoff by now.

Hrmm, too bad I didn't think of this sooner; I have a perfect name... Royalists! (Showing their unflinching support for the :king: King of Eeevil Cliffhangers :king: Shadowgod! )

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Steve,

With CJ away, and seeming unable to post, what a great opportunity to turn the tables onto him. May I suggest an all out declaration, that indeed, CJ is the:

:king: :king: Queen Of The Most Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king:

Please, everyone, add your comments if you are in favour of this title for CJ, the brain behind the defamation of Shadowgod.

Do not hide in fear, as CJ can not oppose you in this declaration (well at least for a couple of weeks).

It would be great to hear everyone's honest opinion without the fear of being shot down by his evil goat laser eyes. :devil:

What does everyone have to say????

Steve 0:)

• Site Administrator

I like the idea, but we really should start a new thread. After all, CJ has managed to get this thread appearing on a google search for the king of EC's (I'm not going to help him by listing the title in full). We should start a new thread and aim to have it appear first on a search for Queen of EC's.

• Site Administrator
I like the idea, but we really should start a new thread. After all, CJ has managed to get this thread appearing on a google search for the king of EC's (I'm not going to help him by listing the title in full). We should start a new thread and aim to have it appear first on a search for Queen of EC's.

So, two questions pop into mind:

1) Shall we ask Shadowgod's permission to place said thread in his forum, or should we just start one in CJ's forum? After all, if the goats away, the kidds will play :P .

2) Should it be in the form of a poll? Or shall we just make an assumption that everyone but CJ will acclaim him to be . . . . . . :king: :king: Queen Of The Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king:

note the pink, it seems much more queen like B)

Steve

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
So, two questions pop into mind:

1) Shall we ask Shadowgod's permission to place said thread in his forum, or should we just start one in CJ's forum? After all, if the goats away, the kidds will play :P .

2) Should it be in the form of a poll? Or shall we just make an assumption that everyone but CJ will acclaim him to be . . . . . . :king: :king: Queen Of The Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king:

note the pink, it seems much more queen like B)

Steve

While I suspect Shadowgod wouldn't mind, I think it should be in CJ's forum. :) A poll would be nice -- it gives it an air of being official....

• 1 month later...
Steve,

With CJ away, and seeming unable to post, what a great opportunity to turn the tables onto him. May I suggest an all out declaration, that indeed, CJ is the:

:king: :king: Queen Of The Most Evilest Cliffhangers :king: :king:

Please, everyone, add your comments if you are in favour of this title for CJ, the brain behind the defamation of Shadowgod.

Do not hide in fear, as CJ can not oppose you in this declaration (well at least for a couple of weeks).

It would be great to hear everyone's honest opinion without the fear of being shot down by his evil goat laser eyes. :devil:

What does everyone have to say????

Steve 0:)

I say "Now I know who and where this started." :2hands:

Hrmmm, I'm thinking that Wildone needs a title... :devil:

And why am I not surprised that this Eeevil plot sprang forth in Shadowgod's forum? (otherwise known as the source of all evil...)

But, but, but... Shadowgod's estemed and honored title of :king: King of evil cliffhangers :king: was bestowed by BOTH a special, select GA comittee AND a vote of the GA membership.

I'll also offer LiS 26 as proof if anyone should deign to doubt Shadowgod's prowess. In addition, there are loads of other cliffhangers in LiS... And of course, Shadowgod ended the entire Bourbon series in a cliffhanger! :blink:

I say "Now I know who and where this started." :2hands:

Hrmmm, I'm thinking that Wildone needs a title... :devil:

And why am I not surprised that this Eeevil plot sprang forth in Shadowgod's forum? (otherwise known as the source of all evil...)

But, but, but... Shadowgod's estemed and honored title of :king: King of evil cliffhangers :king: was bestowed by BOTH a special, select GA comittee AND a vote of the GA membership.

I'll also offer LiS 26 as proof if anyone should deign to doubt Shadowgod's prowess. In addition, there are loads of other cliffhangers in LiS... And of course, Shadowgod ended the entire Bourbon series in a cliffhanger! :blink:

As if nothing sinister ever springs forth from the Petting Zoo?

as for the rest of that but but but see posting concerning that argument and many more here

As if nothing sinister ever springs forth from the Petting Zoo?

as for the rest of that but but but see posting concerning that argument and many more here

Well, yes, sinister things have sprung forth from my forum, (the petting zoo? LoL!!) but that was while I was away. It was formented, as I recall, by Wildone... Hrmmm, is the name "Steve" the root of all evil??

However, speaking of your cliffhangerish ways, what of that cliffie at the end of Bourb 5? As one of your readers (not me, though I agree in full) said, if bourb 5 is the last chapter of bourb, then you ended the series in a cliffie! What a cliffhanger!

Sooo, is bourb 5 indeed the last of the "Shot of Bourbon" updates? Or is your silence on the issue yet another cliffhanger?

:P

• Site Administrator
Well, yes, sinister things have sprung forth from my forum, (the petting zoo? LoL!!) but that was while I was away. It was formented, as I recall, by Wildone... Hrmmm, is the name "Steve" the root of all evil??

A personal insult of the Steve's of the world :pissed: !!!

Next you'll be calling us the "Axis of Evil"

Need I say more?????

(Proud to be a) Steve B)

what does Bourbon have to do with this?

:boy:

QUOTE CJ Sooo, is bourb 5 indeed the last of the "Shot of Bourbon" updates? Or is your silence on the issue yet another cliffhanger?

:P

B) ..........So was SOB 5 really the last chapter?

A personal insult of the Steve's of the world :pissed: !!!

Next you'll be calling us the "Axis of Evil"

Need I say more?????

(Proud to be a) Steve B)

Well, actually, I'm calling y'all the Axis of Eeevil. :P After all, the other Steve is the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers, so it fits. :)

And I echo Benji's call... What about Shot of Bourbon? I'll also point out that Shadowgod has left us HANGING on that issue. Yes indeed, it's another Shadowgod Cliffhanger!

Well, actually, I'm calling y'all the Axis of Eeevil. :P After all, the other Steve is the King of Eeevil Cliffhangers, so it fits. :)

And I echo Benji's call... What about Shot of Bourbon? I'll also point out that Shadowgod has left us HANGING on that issue. Yes indeed, it's another Shadowgod Cliffhanger!

B) ........Yeah, ShadowG_d! Whatsup??????