Conversation from the Edge of Heaven

I'm pleased that I read the two pieces back to back.

I feel rather sorry for the Blonde. Minus the bruises and self-destructive tendencies he sounds like the sort of boy I'd be very happy to have around.

...which pile of mud was he left in again?

Nice work, Jason!

-Kevin

:P you naughty boy

A good friend of mine, used to describe my behavior as a lost soul searching for heaven. Then he would always add, that I would be happy just reaching the edge of heaven. And since we always maintained that Heaven was a metaphor for love, it kind of made since that with the numerous encounters I was having, that I would be searching for even the edge of heaven. This was back in 95 or 96. We drifted apart as married and single friends tend to do.

In the beginning of 2006, I ran into him after returning to Pennsylvania on vacation. The first thing he asked me was, if I had found the edge of heaven yet. That night, I wrote these pieces. Originally, Edge of Heaven and Conversation Edge of Heaven was one piece. But I thought breaking them up served the material in a better fashion. I'm quiet proud of these two pieces. I took an idea and constructed a thought provoking story based on a joke from my youth. Not too bad for a hack like myself.

Jason R.