Okay, the first chapter will be posted tomorrow so I'm going to go ahead and start a thread for discussion on the story as well as announcements. One of the hardest aspects for a Do Over sequel was how to really come up with a 'villain' that could challenge Davey, much less something that could challenge his relationship with Brian (it is just TOO solid in my eyes).

Therefore I had to come up with something really radical, and that became Do Over Redux. I fully expect hate mail on this one once the first chapter is posted.

The first five chapters of the story have been written, and there's a sort-of cliffhanger in #5 that I think you'll love. Chapters 2-5 are currently being edited, and I'm starting on #6 tonight. The bad news is that with taking care of the relatives, I don't have as much time to write as I did with the first Do Over, so stories will be a little slower coming out.

Enjoy!

Hmmmph! :devil:

You know when you first started taling about doing this sequel this very idea did cross my mind. But I thought no way Dan is not that evil :wacko:

You have done a good job, yet once again, and as much as I hate the premise, I know I will end up waiting with baited breath for each and every chapter.

Hugs

Mike

yay - more Do Over :great:

Chapter 1 is great fun - and as usual can't wait for more to get crafted.

...we'll all be anxious messes until we know what happens next

But such a great place to start too!

Thanks Dan.

Geoff

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to get a chapter out a week. Right now we're waiting on my editor to do his magic with Chapter 2 before it gets posted. The poor guy has a backlog already because I dumped about five chapters on him at once.

:)

Also, we're doing some remodeling to the house right now (having linoleum put down instead of tile...) so my access to the computer is limited.

Hey Dan,

Are you going to put Do Over Redux on your Hosted site or just keep it available through the Archive? When I went looking for it the first time, I almost went crazy when it wasn't on your site! :wacko:

Thanks and keep up the great work! :2thumbs:

Thanks Dan!

I must have had an old version of your site stored on my computer or something, because, after cleaning everything out, it's there! :D

I have a question. With all of the Gay Rights that you mentioned at the beginning of the chapter, it's fairly obvious that Davey's actions in the beginning chapters of Do Over resulted in those. Is Davey taking those into consideration in Redux? I've got tons of other questions, but I guess that I'll have to be patient until each chapter comes out. Suffice to say that, once again, you have me hooked!

Damn you! I love you! Damn you! I love you....

Now I can look forward to another few months of exquisite angst for Davey....

Why did Davey have to open that ancient fortune cookie and read that cursed strip of paper?

"May you re-live interesting times."

Cheers and well done! :great:

Edited by Xiamise

The first Do Over was the main reason I found this place. Nifty was only listing up to like 20 at the time, and I was looking for other stories of yours or more Do Over and was very surprised to find it was complete and fully posted here =)

I dont envy your headaches tring to reorder 2 completely different lifetimes into some different third semblance of order. Good Luck cant wait to see how it turns out.

~Umbathri

reliving the same mask

If Davey has anything to do with it...this will be the LAST one ever.

The next chapter is on the way, hopefully. My poor editor has been swamped but I hope he'll get chapter two to me within a day or two. I'll get it turned around and posted as soon after that as fast as I can.

Enjoy!

Edit: I checked my e-mail just after posting this and it's there. I'll get it sent to Myr as fast as I can so it should be up sometime tomorrow if he's home. :)

Wow, Chapter was an interesting fill in the blanks sort of chapter, doing lots of catch up after the first chapter, where it seems us readers were dropped into the proverbial middle of the ocean. The chapter seems to be lacking a little bit - I know it's hard to find the balance to be able to provide enough infomation so that the story makes sense without being too repeatitive (especially since this is a sequel), but not too much so that the reader isn't too overly bored. Personally, I find that I had to frequently pause and rack my brains with regards to references to the first Do Over and I think this lessened the enjoyment of the story a tad (but only a tad!) - I know as the story progresses, there will be less of this "reminiscising"... hopefully!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Chapter 3.

Yeah, that was the effect that I was worried about from this approach. As the story progresses, there will be less reminiscing, although Davey WILL be making a lot of comparisons between Do Overs in his mind.

He's a little PISSED about the situation, but he's smart and mature enough to know that there's nothing he can really do about it all. The choices were made in the last timeline, and he has to live with them now. He doesn't have to like those choices though, and since he IS a sailor, he'll grouse about them a lot (I've known very few sailors who didn't gripe after making the right...but hard...decision in life).

I do hope you continue to enjoy though!

AUGH

Son of a biscut eater

Cant believe you are doing this to us again

it was not enough that last go around I would get up check for updates go to work check for updates as soon as I got there , go to lunch check for update

are you starting to see a patern here LOL

Cant wait for chapter 3

R