2008 UK get-together?

clumber

My best friend is at birmingham doing physics. He seems to like it there.

My advice is to avoid anywhere in london. If you think cost of living is expensive. You should see london. we get increased student loans just to cover it if we (brits) go to a london university.

That an it is london. it smells.

*is at the UK's most popular university, and the only university to be on the new UK monopoly board

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I can't really say much about where we go. I only said York because it was reccomended to me by Andy as a good place to have it. I haven't a clue what York is like or anything, so meh.

Also, now that it is 2008 are people a bit more specific about whether or not they will be able to come? Or what date?

I'm hoping that now its the new year people might be a bit more keen to actual treat this as a real suggestion...

• Site Administrator

I can't make it (it's a little too far for me to travel :P ) but I liked York when I visited there. The Jorvik Viking Centre was especially good. Leeds, and the Leeds Armoury is also pretty good. I also believe Leeds has a reasonable gay nightlife, though I could be wrong on that.

I can see no reason why I can't come :)

"sometime between the 31st of March and the 22nd of April" seems fine too, as i've nothing concrete planned for those dates :D

York's miles away from me... but so are most places, unless it's held in Cardiff.... which would be a lovely venue, it being a European Capital of culture etc, and has a nice selection of gay nightlife etc etc.

I've not got a lot of experience of London, but i do know that it's a nightmare to get to by car, and is massive, so a smaller city might be an idea? Bristol? Cardiff as i mentioned? York or Leeds i guess... but i've never been to either of them...

Shall we see who's likely to attend... then find somewhere fairly central? :boy:

Matt x

I want people to say if they can come or not, but they seem reluctant to say antyhing more than "This would be good but I refuse to give any inout that may actually help".

PEOPLE. IF YOU WANT TO COME, SAY SO. IF YOU LIKE THE TIME, SAY SO. IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SUGGESTION, SAY SO. IF YOU LIKE THE YORK LOCATION, SAY SO. IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SUGGESTION, SAY SO. THIS CAN'T BE DONE IF YOU DON'T GIVE ANY USEFUL INPUT!

EDIT: I've been looking at the list of people who may be coming and out of the 4 UK names, 2 are in Wales. So its starting to look like Cardiff may be a good idea. Any comments?

Edited by clumber

ok...

I can come! :P

Any of those dates sounds fine :thumbup:

And Cardiff sounds great to me! But if anyone would prefer somwhere else, i don't mind :)

rail, road and air links to Cardiff are good...

I know dalmatia would be coming from Wales, what about everone else? vague locations of course :)

Matt :)

If its in Cardiff and I've moved out by then, then I have no reason not to come. But if I havent moved out by then, or it's not in Cardiff, then I still dont know if I'll be able to make it....

Ok, since its looking like the 4 of us, I think Cardiff would be best. After all, 2 of the 4 are already in Wales :P

Are there any other members who might be able to make it?

Anyone from the rest of europe, maybe?

WE NEED PEOPLE!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry about it Tob, I understand that you can't make it.

Dalmatia, I think Cardiff would be a great location and I'm glad that you could make it.

Matt?

Andy?

Any news from you two?

I think we can pretty much garuantee Cardiff for the vague location (I don't know anything about Cardiff other than that its in Wales, so anything past that will have to be up to someone else to decide).

Now, actual fixed date. We're getting quite a lot closer to the time now, so is it looking possible that we might be able to actually settle on a date now?

EDIT: Just had an idea, why don't we decide a time to all be on MSN, and then we can chat a bit and maybe actually get some details sorted out?

My MSN: clumber@mac.hush.com (please don't send any emails to that addfress though, its been dead for about a year and a half).

Edited by clumber