[CarlHoliday] Volunteer Needed

My goal since joining GayAuthors was to be a Hosted Author. That goal has been achieved and I've been granted this space for discussion of my stories. Unfortunately, I'm not an accomplished forum user. I'm not an accomplished bulletin board user. I do not chat; not that I don't want to, I usually don't have the time. When I'm driving my hours are usually very constrained by my delivery or pickup appointment. My focus is writing, not generating forum entries, even though I do that on occasion. (It took me a year to reach 100, but it won't take me a year to reach 200. Okay, it's addicting. I admit that.)

So, what I need is a volunteer. I do not have a lot of activity here. You could say I do not have any activity here, but since there is some, we have to say there might be a need for some degree of moderation.

You will not receive any recompense; nor, will you receive any accolades on a job well done. (If I'm ever published on paper (which has to be the ultimate goal of any writer), you might get a dedication, but there are a few people ahead of you, unless it's something that appears here first and you have a hand in its evolution.)

You will, however, be right up there with all those people who I admire, which aren't a lot as my standard of admiration is right up there with nearly impossible to achieve.

I will not ask you to fall on your sword if we're attacked unawares; nor will I require you to jump in lieu of myself if our craft is too heavy and needs someone to commit the ultimate sacrifice.

In other words, this will be your forum and I'll be elsewhere doing the creative stuff I enjoy, but popping in on occasion as the need arises. (Unless you tell me to bug off, which I'll probably do willingly. Okay, I'm a pushover, I admit that, too.)

Thank you,

Carl :boy:

• Site Administrator

Carl, I'm not sure what you're looking for? If it's just someone to keep an eye on, alert the GA moderator team to your requirements and I'm sure they'll happy to moderate your forums for you. If you're looking for someone to generate activity, I'm not sure what to suggest. Ideally your readers will do that by commenting on your stories/chapters, though a number of forums do better if there is interaction with the author.

Unfortunately, I can't volunteer to help. I'm already finding that I spend more time here (and elsewhere) instead of writing -- so your dilemma is something I understand. Good luck! :)

Carl, I'm not sure what you're looking for? If it's just someone to keep an eye on, alert the GA moderator team to your requirements and I'm sure they'll happy to moderate your forums for you. If you're looking for someone to generate activity, I'm not sure what to suggest. Ideally your readers will do that by commenting on your stories/chapters, though a number of forums do better if there is interaction with the author.

Unfortunately, I can't volunteer to help. I'm already finding that I spend more time here (and elsewhere) instead of writing -- so your dilemma is something I understand. Good luck! :)

Thanks, Graeme, but you weren't on the short list, anyway. I already know you're too busy messing around in the forums, but if your writing is suffering, well, what can I say?

I don't really know what I'm looking for other than someone to moderate my forum since I can't (don't want to?). I'm certainly not interested in any activity simply for activity's sake. Whatever my readers want to do is up to them. I suppose I could just leave it be and let it evolve on its own, but that doesn't sound quite right. If there's a reason for a moderator, then shouldn't there be someone moderating? I don't know.

Maybe, I'll be lucky and not have anyone posting anything here. Then I won't have to worry about the moderating issue.

Maybe I shouldn't worry about it and if there's a moderating problem (whatever the heck that might be), it'll take care of itself (however the heck that might happen) or the moderating team can deal with it (whatever the heck they'd do with whatever it is).

Okay, so I guess maybe I don't need a moderator, but if you have a strange feeling in your gut about now and feel the need to volunteer for a thankless position with quite possibly nothing to do, then this might be for you. After all, you might know more about this moderating thingy than I do and will be able to give your all (whatever the heck that might be).

Thank you for your time, and now, back to our regularly scheduled program

• Site Administrator
Maybe, I'll be lucky and not have anyone posting anything here. Then I won't have to worry about the moderating issue.

That sounds like a challenge :P I'm going to have to speak to a certain goat friend of mine to see what we can go about that.... ;)

That sounds like a challenge :P I'm going to have to speak to a certain goat friend of mine to see what we can go about that.... ;)

Warning, Carl, Graeme is a postaholic, always in search of new forums to post in. ;)

Carl, I'll try and keep an eye on your forum if that's all you need. For example, I've had no moderation concerns at all in my own forum, and it is fairly rare that we have problems on GA, so I wouldn't expect much trouble.

CJ

Warning, Carl, Graeme is a postaholic, always in search of new forums to post in. ;)

Carl, I'll try and keep an eye on your forum if that's all you need. For example, I've had no moderation concerns at all in my own forum, and it is fairly rare that we have problems on GA, so I wouldn't expect much trouble.

CJ

Thanks CJ! I knew there was at least one volunteerable person at GA. I don't think it's a big issue either. We are all rather nice people here, for the most part, and I don't foresee any problems, but I don't want to be bothered with this issue. So, thanks, again.

Actually, I thought Graeme could've done it since he is a day ahead and four or five hours behind, plus being counter-rotational. He should have gobs of time available to do nothing as my moderator, but he's passed the baton and we'll have to live with his decision. Pity, really.

• Site Administrator

The problem with being a day ahead is there are all these pesky people who backdate their posts, just because they live in different timezones. I will have checked all of yesterday's posts, and then discover a new set added the next day. Most annoying....