Those flashy new buttons...

BeaStKid

Anyone notice those flashy new buttons on the GA pages?

No?

Well, you can find them above this post!

What do you think about them? I found them awesome!!

w00t!

BeaStKid 16.gif

P.S

I've used that word for the first time!!! w00t!!!

Anyone notice those flashy new buttons on the GA pages?

No?

Well, you can find them above this post!

What do you think about them? I found them awesome!!

w00t!

BeaStKid 16.gif

P.S

I've used that word for the first time!!! w00t!!!

Ya, I just noticed them,, can someone explain to me what do they do and what for they are there?

sacha

• Site Administrator

Looking at the URLs for each of them, they appear to allow you to link to the threads from common blog sites. Eg. the third one is for slashdot and the seventh is for facebook. Don't ask me how to use them, though :)

I've also noticed that the URL's for the forums and threads are quite different -- there's obviously been a forum software upgrade :D

Edited by Graeme

Looking at the URLs for each of them, they appear to allow you to link to the threads from common blog sites. Eg. the third one is for slashdot and the seventh is for facebook. Don't ask me how to use them, though :)

I've also noticed that the URL's for the forums and threads are quite different -- there's obviously been a forum software upgrade :D

I didn't even know what they were talking about until your post. What would we do without you. :hug: BTW, we could use a spell checker and kiss smiley. :P Is there a suggestion box? I know... :off:

• Site Administrator

For a spell checker, use a browser like Firefox that has one built in. It even allows you to import dictionaries -- mine's configured for Australian English.

More smiley's would be nice, but I can appreciate why they're not added. It's very easy to overload a site with too many smilies. There is a good bunch here, though there are a few I would also like to see added.

For a spell checker, use a browser like Firefox that has one built in. It even allows you to import dictionaries -- mine's configured for Australian English.

More smiley's would be nice, but I can appreciate why they're not added. It's very easy to overload a site with too many smilies. There is a good bunch here, though there are a few I would also like to see added.

Kiss and blush smileys come to mind. I would definitely like to see those two. The :hug: is so cute on this site. I love it.

It's very easy to overload a site with too many smilies. There is a good bunch here, though there are a few I would also like to see added.

I vote for the sarcastic one.

Sharon

Yup there was a forum upgrade yesterday...The board was offline for about 15 minutes...IP version 2.3.3 has been installed I think...

I vote for the sarcastic one.

Sharon

How bout these ones?? --->harhar.gif

kicknuts.gif

thumbsdown.gif

and my fav---> wave-finger.gif

Kiss and blush smileys come to mind. I would definitely like to see those two. The :hug: is so cute on this site. I love it.

Here, Tiger.... blush.gif or the GA's very own :*)

and here's your kiss smiley... kiss.gif

I think Graeme is thinking more in the line of some Aussie emoticons.

:lol:

• Site Administrator

I added a special package to the forums that makes it friendly on search engines.

and yes, there is also the flashy buttons for those of you taking advantage of the social sites.

There is more that will be added later.

Myr

I added a special package to the forums that makes it friendly on search engines.

and yes, there is also the flashy buttons for those of you taking advantage of the social sites.

There is more that will be added later.

Myr

Thanks for all the work Myr, we all appreciate it!

sacha