Gay films

I've seen and would personally recommend Juste une Question d'Amour and Sommersturm. Posters have also mentioned C.R.A.Z.Y which is also very good as well. These all have good storylines and much better acting than most gay-themed films that I've seen. Funnily enough they're all foreign films as well. I found Latter Days to have an interesting storyline but I found the acting a bit bad/off-putting in some parts..

The foriegn films that are gay themed are a lot better than the 'American' gay themed films. So far the only American movie I've watched and liked is Shelter, but I've liked a lot of films made in say Canada, England, Australia, Germany... etc.. lol. If I can find the english translated versions somewhere so I can rest my eyes from all that reading, I would love them even more. :)

I cannot remember if this was mentioned already, (I don't think it was...) But I thought SHELTER was a great movie. Good story line, happy ending. All that jazz.

I was sooooooooo excited for Shelter, and couldn't wait for the DVD to come out...So I went found a website that had a pirated version. Haha.

I was disappointed. Sure, the guys were hot, but beyond that, there was nothing about the movie that stood out. Below mediocre, I'd say.

The foriegn films that are gay themed are a lot better than the 'American' gay themed films. So far the only American movie I've watched and liked is Shelter, but I've liked a lot of films made in say Canada, England, Australia, Germany... etc.. lol. If I can find the english translated versions somewhere so I can rest my eyes from all that reading, I would love them even more. :)

I've come to realize that too. Foreign gay-themed films are generally much better than films made in the U.S.

And thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Latter Days...Didn't like it. Saw only a few minutes and the wooden acting was enough to turn me off. Saw a little of Dante's Cove. Again, the acting was terrible. I've got 'Plata Quemada' and 'La Mala Educaci

I've come to realize that too. Foreign gay-themed films are generally much better than films made in the U.S.

And thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Latter Days...Didn't like it. Saw only a few minutes and the wooden acting was enough to turn me off. Saw a little of Dante's Cove. Again, the acting was terrible. I've got 'Plata Quemada' and 'La Mala Educaci

Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but the movie Milk has just come out. It's a "biopic" about the first openly gay politician in the US -- a San Franciscan named Harvey Milk. It's played by Sean Penn and has 'OSCARWORTHY' stamped all over it. Reminds me a bit of Capote in terms of seriousness and angle. Haven't seen it yet, but it may be of interest... :)

• Like 1
Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but the movie Milk has just come out. It's a "biopic" about the first openly gay politician in the US -- a San Franciscan named Harvey Milk. It's played by Sean Penn and has 'OSCARWORTHY' stamped all over it. Reminds me a bit of Capote in terms of seriousness and angle. Haven't seen it yet, but it may be of interest... :)

James Franco = HOT. He goes to my school and every day, I resist the temptation to just camp out in front of one of the school buildings and stalk him. :P

• 2 months later...

I hope no one minds me bringing this thread back up but I just watched a movie that I couldn't see anywhere on here and thought I'd share.

The movie is Takumi-kun: Soshite, Harukaze ni Sasayaite.

I found it on veoh, its fan subbed, but they aren

I love Boy Culture and Latter Days :wub:

Both are simply great

Given that Milk has won at least TWO Oscars, I think it tops this list of good gay films... :D:D:)

Sean Penn was great

The love of Siam

Ma vie en rose

L.I.E

Priscila: Queen of the desert

To Wong Foo thanks for everything,Julie Newmar

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Midnight Cowboy

Presque Rien

A home at the end of the world

The object of my affection

The history boys

Grand ecole

L

Most of the movies I'd recommend have already been said. Latter Days being the main one, but there is also 'My Life on Ice', its foreign film, its in French. Kinda dry in most spots, but the ending is sweet.

Though we all know Harry & Draco so should have had a thing going on lol

Totally agree, too much pent up frustration on both sides & Harry had that invisible cloak for something.

Edited by Estevan
  • Like 1

I watched another movie last night/this morning, Ai no Kotodama. Again its fan subbed, but its really good, not as good as Blood Brothers which I just went to see on the Westend though :P . Sorry couldn't help myself, but the movie is good and I hope someone gives it a try.

hahaha, they are my support team to claim the throne at Last Post Wins: Numero Cinco, with actions of their own haha

Read from page 30 to learn about it haha

Oh i forgot Buah Ha and Walking on water haha

I was sooooooooo excited for Shelter, and couldn't wait for the DVD to come out...So I went found a website that had a pirated version. Haha.

I was disappointed. Sure, the guys were hot, but beyond that, there was nothing about the movie that stood out. Below mediocre, I'd say.

Aw. I thought the whole "family dynamics" was a good undertone. I thought it was one of the most realistic gay relationships I've seen in a movie.

I just saw Get Real a little while back. It was British, so that was good enough for me. Not too awful. I thought Milk was great, but I love bio flicks.

• Like 1