Heath Ledger Died

Gregoire

The so called news is disgusting, they do things for ratings, why some have a hard time calling them "news'"

He was a private guy, wonder what made him do it. really sad.

Sometimes the pressures of living in spotlight is just to much for a celebrity to handle. There could have been problems at home as well. We don't often know what causes someone to decide to end it all. I don't even know if he left a note.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The so called news is disgusting, they do things for ratings, why some have a hard time calling them "news'"

That smarmy whack-job, Fred Phelps, and his disgusting crew of haters are going to picket Heath's funeral. http://www.towleroad.com/2008/01/fred-phelps-wes.html. :angry:

A part of me wishes the media would completely ignore these crazies. However, people need to know that there are bigots - some more subtle than others - out there ready to pounce.

I never knew Heath Ledger, of course, but I always thought him to be closest to his Ennis Del Mar character-- not in the sense that he was gay but that he was always adrift moving from happiness (with his initial relationship with MIchelle Williems) to sadness (with their divorce) and probably to drugs. He seemed to be a gentle, caring man and an intelligent, courageous and creative actor.

Amended: It was his idea at the end of Brokeback Mountain after he found their two shirts hanging in the closet on the same hanger, one on top of the other, Jack's over Ennis's, to switch them and place his over Jack's, bonded forever.

Ennis's shirt protected the memory of Jack Twist. Now, there is no protection for Heath Ledger.

• Site Administrator
It was his idea at the end of Brokeback Mountain to find their two shirts hanging in the closet, one on top of the other, Ennis's over Jack's, bonded forever.

Ennis's shirt protected the memory of Jack Twist. Now, there is no protection for Heath Ledger.

I thought that was the way the original short story ended? I remember reading a review that said that that was a very poignant part of the story.

I've just heard the the initial autopsy was inconclusive. There was a report in one of the Australian newspapers that it was possible that prescription drugs he had may have interacted with his pneumonia, as well as there being a warning from the Australian federal drug administration body that the drugs in question had behaviour-modifying side-effects in some people. There is still a distinct possibility that this is just a tragic accident.

I thought that was the way the original short story ended? I remember reading a review that said that that was a very poignant part of the story.

I've just heard the the initial autopsy was inconclusive. There was a report in one of the Australian newspapers that it was possible that prescription drugs he had may have interacted with his pneumonia, as well as there being a warning from the Australian federal drug administration body that the drugs in question had behaviour-modifying side-effects in some people. There is still a distinct possibility that this is just a tragic accident.

:( .......It is always sad to see someone die of a drug overdose, especially so when one is young and has an aspiring career ahead of them. The media sharks didn't take too much time in their "feeding fenzy" the blooding-letting has attracted the attention of a certain Baptist minister and his minions to decalre they are going to protest the furneral.

Graeme, will Australia allow these kooks into the country? I am sure that he will be buried there, no?

That is how the original short story ended graeme, it was not improvisation on the part of the cast or crew of the movie.

• Site Administrator
Graeme, will Australia allow these kooks into the country? I am sure that he will be buried there, no?

I don't know where the funeral will be held. It could be the USA, since he's lived there for the last few years, or it could be Australia, where his family is located.

If it is Australia, Phelps and co will probably be allowed into the country, but I suspect they'll have problems protesting at the funeral. Australia doesn't have a constitutionally protected right to freedom of speech. My best guess is that they would be arrested for creating a public nuisance, and then, probably, charged with resisting arrest ;) The only downside would be that it would generate more publicity for them, if this happened.

If it is Australia, Phelps and co will probably be allowed into the country, but I suspect they'll have problems protesting at the funeral. Australia doesn't have a constitutionally protected right to freedom of speech. My best guess is that they would be arrested for creating a public nuisance, and then, probably, charged with resisting arrest ;)

I volunteer to come down and assist the Australian authorities in dealing with the Phelps psycos.

They're our trash. We should take them out.... to the Great Barrier reefs and feed them to the sharks.

I volunteer to come down and assist the Australian authorities in dealing with the Phelps psycos.

They're our trash. We should take them out.... to the Great Barrier reefs and feed them to the sharks.

B) ..........Here! Here James!! I'll help -_-

My bad. I amend my posting above.

It was Heath Ledger's idea to reverse the shirts. When he found them, Jack Twist's was on top. When he took them back to his trailer and hung them up again, he put his on top. That was Heath Ledger's idea--which is not in the book--as if he could somehow protect Jack Twist at the end.

Sorry to mislead.

By the way, at gayclic.com there is a nice set of clips from Brokeback Mountain and an accompanying song by Christina Aguilera.

That's not necessarily true Razor.

Simply mixing alcohol and valium can cause a reaction in some people that will cause you to just quit breathing. If you remember Karen Anne Quinlan, one of the first big right to die cases, was put in a permanent vegetative state by mixing alcohol and Valium.

Different people have different chemistries and anyone can have a bad reaction to any given drug- legal or otherwise.

Len Bias, a 1st round NBA pick, athlete in peak shape with a multi-million dollar future died after trying cocaine for the first time. Sometimes coke is cut with various "fillers" or the way the coke is chemically refined that can simply disagree with people to various degrees: everything from dropping dead to feeling sick.

When you do drugs (hard drugs- coke, downers, meth, etc), you are dealing with powerful chemicals (otherwise you would be doing aspirin). The chemistry of the drug and the complexity of your own particular system, allergies- it's all a crap shoot.

You can catch a buzz or a dirt nap. You just never know.

It's sad but its true and it happens every day. People just notice when it is a Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger or River Phoenix get a toe-tag.

Indeed you are correct. I'm just hazarding a guess since they, to my knowledge, haven't said if there was any other drug(s) in his system. I would think that if it was on accident, then he probably did drink (or something else) with the medication and the combination of central nervous system depressants ended up putting him in respiratory arrest in his sleep.

I'm hoping it wasn't that at all... but when you see valium or xanax involved in a death like that, it's usually resultant of drug abuse, overdose, or harmful drug synergy.

Indeed you are correct. I'm just hazarding a guess since they, to my knowledge, haven't said if there was any other drug(s) in his system. I would think that if it was on accident, then he probably did drink (or something else) with the medication and the combination of central nervous system depressants ended up putting him in respiratory arrest in his sleep.

I'm hoping it wasn't that at all... but when you see valium or xanax involved in a death like that, it's usually resultant of drug abuse, overdose, or harmful drug synergy.

Which is why we have medical examiners guided by science determining the cause of death, and not the news media ... although that might come as a surprise to those people creating the news.

:king: Snoop

Which is why we have medical examiners guided by science determining the cause of death, and not the news media ... although that might come as a surprise to those people creating the news.

:king: Snoop

Indeed, who needs facts when you've got the paparazzi...

Indeed, who needs facts when you've got the paparazzi...

Shame but sadly true. The worse part is, whatever is the real cause of death, people will think that he was using drugs, or it was suicide. People remember what the gossips will tell not what the truth is.

• Site Administrator
I don't know where the funeral will be held. It could be the USA, since he's lived there for the last few years, or it could be Australia, where his family is located.

If it is Australia, Phelps and co will probably be allowed into the country, but I suspect they'll have problems protesting at the funeral. Australia doesn't have a constitutionally protected right to freedom of speech. My best guess is that they would be arrested for creating a public nuisance, and then, probably, charged with resisting arrest ;) The only downside would be that it would generate more publicity for them, if this happened.

B) ..........Here! Here James!! I'll help -_-

I've just seen a report that a WBC spokesperson has clarified that they will only picket USA memorial services. They don't appear to think this is serious enough to come to Australia....

Thanks for the offers James and Benji, but it doesn't look like it'll be needed.

I've just seen a report that a WBC spokesperson has clarified that they will only picket USA memorial services. They don't appear to think this is serious enough to come to Australia....

Thanks for the offers James and Benji, but it doesn't look like it'll be needed.

I can't stand the Phelps clan. I wish Topeka had a Pride Parade just to make those ignorant <censored> mad. I am sick and tired of those morons. Kansas may be a conservative state, but Fred Phelps does not represent even the mainstream. He is completely deranged. He is most certainly a good poster child for birth control in the breeder population. Then again, I'd laugh my butt off if he got arrested in Australia for prostesting at Ledger's funeral. He would be getting exactly what he deserves. The same can be said for his kids.

http://www.News Site Blocked at Their Request/news/view.php?id=6706 I hate those Mother F*uckers, (many other words)

Why can't they just let people mourn there family in peace with out they want to spew there hatred and ugliness.

In a statement released today Mr Phelps said:

"For misguided reasons you are hiding the body of Heath Ledger, and refusing to divulge the time, date, and place of his burial in Perth, Australia, so that we at Westboro Baptist Church cannot attend - in respectful proximity - and conduct a religious service.

"You owe it to the youth of the world, whom Heath misled via Brokeback Mountain, into believing it was OK to be gay.

"I say, you owe it to the youth of the world to use Heath's funeral to correct that lie. It's NOT OK to be gay.

"It is a great sin against God. It will destroy the life and damn the soul.

"All those whom Heath misled will arrive ultimately in Hell, and they will curse Heath to his face throughout all eternity.

"Please tell us the time, date, and place of Heath's funeral in Australia. Thank you."

Religous service my ass.

Edited by Drewbie

http://www.News Site Blocked at Their Request/news/view.php?id=6706 I hate those mother f*uckers

Why can't they just let people mourn there family in peace with out they want to spew there hatred and ugliness.

In a statement released today Mr Phelps said:

QUOTE "For misguided reasons you are hiding the body of Heath Ledger, and refusing to divulge the time, date, and place of his burial in Perth, Australia, so that we at Westboro Baptist Church cannot attend - in respectful proximity - and conduct a religious service.

"You owe it to the youth of the world, whom Heath misled via Brokeback Mountain, into believing it was OK to be gay.

"I say, you owe it to the youth of the world to use Heath's funeral to correct that lie. It's NOT OK to be gay.

"It is a great sin against God. It will destroy the life and damn the soul.

"All those whom Heath misled will arrive ultimately in Hell, and they will curse Heath to his face throughout all eternity.

"Please tell us the time, date, and place of Heath's funeral in Australia. Thank you."

Religous service my ass.

<_< ........I'm not sure this person (Phelps) knows the meaning of respect, nor why I'm wasting my breath on him!

Edited by Benji

I just read that Heath's death has been ruled accidental.

Conner

I hope that every one of the paper, gossip that hinted that he might have killed himself will make this new as important as the other,, not buried with other news.

it seems like the combinations of all his prescribed medication was fatal... and not a voluntary overdose..

[...] New York's chief medical officer, Charles Hirsch, confirmed the cause of death.

<_< ........I'm not sure this person (Phelps) knows the meaning of respect, nor why I'm wasting my breath on him!

I want to know where Phelps is going to be buried. He's old and should soon be dead. I want to go to Topeka and spit on his grave.

I just read that Heath's death has been ruled accidental.

Conner

That does not make it any better. I have a hard time coping with a young person dying like that. It's something I will never understand.

I hope that every one of the paper, gossip that hinted that he might have killed himself will make this new as important as the other,, not buried with other news.

it seems like the combinations of all his prescribed medication was fatal... and not a voluntary overdose..

:( .........Wasn't his family also reporting that the drugs were for treating the flu or something?