[dkstories] Rider's Pride?

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, was having a discussion with Robert about this story the other night. Now that I've finished up several loose ends and have gotten started on Dreams of a Father, I've been looking at some other story ideas that never got developed.

One of them was a sequel to Rider's Pride dealing with some more characters and only peripherally including characters from Rider's Pride. Same setting and yes they even play major roles, but the focus on the story is on another character and his journey. I've been sitting on the fence about whether to write tha sequel or to publish the epilogue to Rider's Pride that I wrote when the story was first completed. The epilogue would ruin the sequel story, so it can't go up until I decide to flat out decide against the sequel, but I can't quite seem to ever say a hard 'no' on that. I just loved writing it too much.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm, was having a discussion with Robert about this story the other night. Now that I've finished up several loose ends and have gotten started on Dreams of a Father, I've been looking at some other story ideas that never got developed.

One of them was a sequel to Rider's Pride dealing with some more characters and only peripherally including characters from Rider's Pride. Same setting and yes they even play major roles, but the focus on the story is on another character and his journey. I've been sitting on the fence about whether to write tha sequel or to publish the epilogue to Rider's Pride that I wrote when the story was first completed. The epilogue would ruin the sequel story, so it can't go up until I decide to flat out decide against the sequel, but I can't quite seem to ever say a hard 'no' on that. I just loved writing it too much.

Well I for one sincerely hope that you do decide to continue it and write that sequel. I love Anne's world so much and you did such a wonderful job with it that of course means I want more since I can never get enough Pern.

If you don't then I will understand as well but in the meantime I'll keep my fingers crossed.

wow, a sequal to Dreams of Humanity or a sequal Rider's Pride.

Well if I was Garret (DoH), I would nuke everything and everyone involved w/ the Sol Empire and anyone that tried to stop me.

And what's not to like about flying dragons in RP?!?

That's a tough call but I am sure I would enjoy reading either one. I am just now reading Dragonriders of Pern from the beginning thanks to your story and I don't know why I didn't read it before.