Alex Rider, TV Show

• Site Administrator

So, they have made Alex Rider into a series on streaming services. 

Anyone else interested in this?  Anyone in the UK where there is already out and on Amazon Prime?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Palantir said:

Whoo! and this series is based on just one book (Point Blanc)

Well, it's main plot is Point Blanc, but the introduction into the world is all Stormbreaker.  They'll have to do decent chunks from that or it won't make any sense. Some of it you see in the trailer.  Based on all the little videos they have posted, it looks like they lifted the world building from Stormbreaker and main villan/plot from Point Blanc to create a mix of the two.

They also seem to have gone a more serious route than the over the top movie , Stormbreaker.  (Loaded with recognizable Brits.  I liked the movie, but it was poorly marketed or something).  It is also fair to point out that the books are over the top too. lol.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Myr said:

Well, it's main plot is Point Blanc, but the introduction into the world is all Stormbreaker.  They'll have to do decent chunks from that or it won't make any sense. Some of it you see in the trailer.  Based on all the little videos they have posted, it looks like they lifted the world building from Stormbreaker and main villan/plot from Point Blanc to create a mix of the two.

They also seem to have gone a more serious route than the over the top movie , Stormbreaker.  (Loaded with recognizable Brits.  I liked the movie, but it was poorly marketed or something).  It is also fair to point out that the books are over the top too. lol.

Spot on in all respects. :)

Lol - Way over the top - Alex pretty much outBonds James Bond (and interestingly, Anthony Horowitz was commissioned by the Ian Fleming estate to write new James Bond novels).

- evidently 'over the top' works too, as Alex Ryder novels have sales of over 19 million.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
On 6/29/2020 at 5:35 PM, chris191070 said:

It looks amazing, but I don't have amazon prime unfortunately 😕 

You can do a free trial for 30 days and cancel before they begin charging you. You can do a lot of binge watching in 30 days.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

Well that's horribly annoying! https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08BNKN33V/

It's not coming to the US until November and it's going on some obscure ad-supported Amazon sub-company.  I didn't even know IMDB had a TV channel service until I saw this.  Just let me buy it, damn it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
5 hours ago, Myr said:

Well that's horribly annoying! https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08BNKN33V/

It's not coming to the US until November and it's going on some obscure ad-supported Amazon sub-company.  I didn't even know IMDB had a TV channel service until I saw this.  Just let me buy it, damn it.

I didn't know they had a channel either.

• Haha 4
On 6/28/2020 at 7:17 PM, Myr said:

Anyone else interested in this?  Anyone in the UK where there is already out and on Amazon Prime?

This is on prime?!?!?

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

This is on prime?!?!?

Yeah we've got it in the UK. I've not seen it yet. Need to decide when to take my free trial to prime so I can watch it. It looks amazing.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
29 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Yeah we've got it in the UK. I've not seen it yet. Need to decide when to take my free trial to prime so I can watch it. It looks amazing.

It has reviewed well and they have already announced season 2.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Myr said:

I've watched a few shows on Amazon Prime's IMDB-TV. Even as a prime member there is still ads, but they have been pretty low interrupting. Like maybe 5 times for 1.5 minutes each.

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 7:17 AM, Myr said:

Hopeful! The book series are great!

I do hope we get to see more classic books turned into movies/tv series with great writing and consistent plot to the source material.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

This is now available in Australia.

Not a fan of the 'stash Brenock...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
10 hours ago, Myr said:

This is now available in Australia.

Not a fan of the 'stash Brenock...

Was not expecting a bromance right off the but okay. Looks like this something I'm looking forward to. But alas, I have no means to watch this. :(

• Sad 4
  • Site Administrator
10 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

But alas, I have no means to watch this.

It's not coming to the USA until November. 

They are coming to a lot of countries though:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Site Administrator

For those interested, this is out in the US now on Amazon Prime's IMDBtv channel.  I have have 8 episodes in my queue.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Myr said:

For those interested, this is out in the US now on Amazon Prime's IMDBtv channel.  I have have 8 episodes in my queue.

I watched all 8 episodes in one night when we got it on Amazon Prime in the UK 🇬🇧. It's an amazing series.

• Like 1
  • Love 1