American Idol Season 7

Myr

It is probably the fact that they cannot be had.

As far as I am concerned, only 2 American Idol winners are any good, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. :wub:

Ehh more or less I agree. But who knows this seasons winner if picked right could be on that list as well.

• Site Administrator

Damn!

They eliminated Colton. Danny looked like he was going to cry. He was also shocked over Garrett's leaving.

(That's two young guys that Danny probably wanted. lol)

Chiekeze should have been zapped. he sucked.

Girls I wasn't paying much attention to...

Why did I have a similar moment as well?? :P

Because we think alike when it comes to American Idol? *innocent look*

But to be quite frank, the guys didn't do so bad this week, at least from what I saw. I rather enjoyed some of the songs and the way they were sung.

Because we think alike when it comes to American Idol? *innocent look*

But to be quite frank, the guys didn't do so bad this week, at least from what I saw. I rather enjoyed some of the songs and the way they were sung.

Allow me to regurgitate comments from Ken Levine's blog. He's a very successful sit-com writer and all around character in Hollywood. Here's a few thoughts (distilled from a very lengthy posting) from last week's competition:

First up was David Hernandez. Picture a young John Tarturro. He showed us how Peabo Bryson would sing

It is probably the fact that they cannot be had.

As far as I am concerned, only 2 American Idol winners are any good, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. :wub:

As far as I'm concerned, I'll only say that Carrie Underwood was/still is the best winner,,, and she's the one that will have the best/longest career.

I won't talk about last year. LaKisha and Melinda were the best in the girls and for the boys,,, ouf Chris was much better than Blake. As for the actual winner Jordin well she'd be #4 after Chris. She never should have won.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll only say that Carrie Underwood was/still is the best winner,,, and she's the one that will have the best/longest career.

I won't talk about last year. LaKisha and Melinda were the best in the girls and for the boys,,, ouf Chris was much better than Blake. As for the actual winner Jordin well she'd be #4 after Chris. She never should have won.

Melinda should have won imo, but meh!

Hmmm, the only best ones I could think of was david and michael, there voices are so real, I like how theyre confident, some of the others were, but they stood out, I want to hear the girls now.

Melinda should have won imo, but meh!

She shoulda,, I still can't believe she didn't even made the final. It really cut my faith in the show. (it was the first year that I really followed it,, and prolly the last).

Hmmm, the only best ones I could think of was david and michael, there voices are so real, I like how theyre confident, some of the others were, but they stood out, I want to hear the girls now.

david does have a really nice voice.

I think Kelly Clarkson and Jordin Sparks deserve winning the title. Both didn't impress me in the competition, but when their albums came out, they delivered as artists, not gimmicks. I fell in love with their songs because they were catchy, and it wasn't until it was pointed out that they were from american idol that I realized it. :)

Nuh uh. Kelly Clarkson >>>>> Carrie Underwood.

I think Kelly Clarkson and Jordin Sparks deserve winning the title. Both didn't impress me in the competition, but when their albums came out, they delivered as artists, not gimmicks. I fell in love with their songs because they were catchy, and it wasn't until it was pointed out that they were from american idol that I realized it. :)

Actually, I loved the first album of Carrie Underwood first,, I had absolutely no idea that she came from american idol.. I was like,, oh really!!!!!!

Nuh uh. Kelly Clarkson >>>>> Carrie Underwood.

we'll agree to disagree, tho tru Kelly is a good artist

My god... I'm sorry but David just got some rare talent. I hardly ever see a good Male singer in AI But that boy takes the cake.

By far hands down he will win if he keeps this up, and if he doesn't?

Well then he doesn't but whoever beats him better me dang good LOL

My god... I'm sorry but David just got some rare talent. I hardly ever see a good Male singer in AI But that boy takes the cake.

By far hands down he will win if he keeps this up, and if he doesn't?

Well then he doesn't but whoever beats him better me dang good LOL

Has he done another performance since the last one? I don't watch TV but I'm kinda watching the clips of some of them on youtube.

Has he done another performance since the last one? I don't watch TV but I'm kinda watching the clips of some of them on youtube.

Yeah do a search for...

David Archuleta - Imagine

There's also a clip where he sang this song as 13, but watch the AI one, just amazing. You can really hear the soul behind his voice in this song.

• Site Administrator

I can't believe how well David Archuleta can sing. Danny wants a big piece of David. He's all but drooling on him. lol

Yeah do a search for...

David Archuleta - Imagine

There's also a clip where he sang this song as 13, but watch the AI one, just amazing. You can really hear the soul behind his voice in this song.

LOL, you told me about the current Imagine video, but you didn't tell me about the one when he was 13!!

(for anyone that's probably confused I was chatting with him on MSN)

I can't believe how well David Archuleta can sing. Danny wants a big piece of David. He's all but drooling on him. lol

Oh my gosh! I really want to see a clip of that :lol:

Damn, if we keep talking about American Idol I might have to break my television boycott :wacko:

At first I didn't think David Archuleta had the maturity to make it too far. I mean, after his first song after making it into the final 12 guy group, he just was all giggles afterwards.. so I thought, if he ever got a bad comment he'd break down and lose it, but, since he's yet to do poorly, and has gotten used to performing in front of people who will react he'll make it far.

So far, he'll be difficult to beat... but, I thought Daughtry had it won in his season and he didn't win...

If David continues to have the personality he'll be the favorite. :D

At first I didn't think David Archuleta had the maturity to make it too far. I mean, after his first song after making it into the final 12 guy group, he just was all giggles afterwards.. so I thought, if he ever got a bad comment he'd break down and lose it, but, since he's yet to do poorly, and has gotten used to performing in front of people who will react he'll make it far.

So far, he'll be difficult to beat... but, I thought Daughtry had it won in his season and he didn't win...

If David continues to have the personality he'll be the favorite. :D

Maybe David is a little young to be able to go all the way,, but he's sang for a long time,, and he do have a certain maturity when it comes to singing that not everybody have. That little fact can compensate...

Maybe David is a little young to be able to go all the way,, but he's sang for a long time,, and he do have a certain maturity when it comes to singing that not everybody have. That little fact can compensate...

Not to mention I'm sure he gets extra votes from certain people due to his, voice peralises a while back. Nevertheless props to him!

I just watched David's take on John Lennon's Imagine... it was quite good. He's so adorable! I also think that Danny had the chance to be amazing this week too, but he really was over-thinking it. The song choice was good, though. I like a guy singing that song.

I just watched David's take on John Lennon's Imagine... it was quite good. He's so adorable! I also think that Danny had the chance to be amazing this week too, but he really was over-thinking it. The song choice was good, though. I like a guy singing that song.

What song?

Oh grrrr, I swear I'm going to have to start watching this show! I feel like everyone knows something I don't!

**inserts tongue into cheek**

Just to clarify any and all comments made in this thread about performances, songs, and reactions should be accompanied by a youtube link ;)

Edited by AFriendlyFace

What song?

Oh grrrr, I swear I'm going to have to start watching this show! I feel like everyone knows something I don't!

**inserts tongue into cheek**

Just to clarify any and all comments made in this thread about performances, songs, and reactions should be accompanied by a youtube link ;)

<_< .....Any link, youtube is blocked on my end, I haven't watched any of it yet. I don't even know what their down (someone say 12?) What does this David look like? Is he kin? aaaarrrrrrrrrggghhhhh! I guess I'll try and catch an episode.