What are you reading?

*adds books to 'To Read List'*

LOL i love the idea of a "to read list" just hate putting it to practice,

I kind of decided to buy all the books on my list earlier this year... i've barely made a dint in teh pile.. well i say pile... i mean boookCASE!

:lol:

I'm reading chapter 11 of 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' right now. The humor in his books is just amazing... I've been caught laughing at really inappropriate times :lol:

Yeah...it can get pretty funny at times. Even Five Point Someone is hilarious. I have yet to read One Night...though... :)

Hehehe, You're gonna love this! :P

20,000 leagues under the sea

I have no idea why but it's quite addictive and unlike anything I'd usually read... :wacko:

EmulatedLove

Edited by EmulatedLove

I have no idea why but it's quite addictive and unlike anything I'd usually read... :wacko:

My hometown has Jules Verne all over the place: the university, the clinics, streets, avenues, his house turned into a museum... At some point I should (re)read it.

Currently reading David Sedaris' When you are engulfed in flames. Birthday present from my sister, a hard-core Sedaris fan. We listened to a CD on Christmas Day two years ago. David rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hehehe, You're gonna love this! :P

Aww now I want to reread Jules Verne... :D

i'm finally reading The Kite Runner.

it is a decent story but the writing lacks.

there's little doubt it's popularity is partially the result of playing the public interest card.

Yeah I'm having trouble getting past the first page because of the bad writing. I'm even debating whether to read it in translation since it might have improved in the process.

Well Hey All! I finish reading "The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks" in like two days. Now I am reading "War World Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks" and I am going on my second week of reading cause it scaring me. For some reason the first books was funny as hell to me and the second book I don't want to even pick up and finish reading. Since I am so close to the end I really need to, I will just have to sleep with the night light on and a tire thumper close by.

World War Z is sooo good. Creepy too, cause it deals with all the facets of a zombie outbreak. The thing that creeped me out the most was the whole organ harvesting thing and the story of the rich people who went up into their homes to protect themselves. Very creepy but amazing book.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a bunch of books and finished the last last night:

"Ransom" - Lee Rowan (Delightful read)

"Winds of Change" - Lee Rowan (Sequal to Ransom. As good as the first if not better)

"Without Reservations" - J. L. Langley (Really really good!)

"With Caution" - J. L. Langley (Sequal. Even better than Without Reservations. I highly recommmend this series.)

Seti's Heart - Kiernan Kelly (A bit strange what with the mummy becoming all un-mummyfied but good none-the-less.

Forgotten Song - Ally Blue (This was really good as well. I cried.)

They were all really good. When I get home, (Im at my parents at the moment) Im gunna grab "Without Resevations" and "With Caution" and read them again.

Sorry about the list, Im sort of book obsessed what with being a librarian and all.

I've read a few best-sellers since (due to long train trips), but has anyone read the haunting The Road by Cormac Mc Carthy? This is great writing, and a real page turner, though it feeds on very little. A book that stays with you a long time after you put it down.

I've read a few best-sellers since (due to long train trips), but has anyone read the haunting The Road by Cormac Mc Carthy? This is great writing, and a real page turner, though it feeds on very little. A book that stays with you a long time after you put it down.

DeLillo and McCarthy are supposed to be the current "greats" of American literature. I couldn't stand the DeLillo I tried reading -- maybe his other, more famous works are better -- so I'm hoping McCarthy doesn't disappoint. I unfortunately spoiled The Road for myself, but I'm picking up All the Pretty Horses, and it's much better than not bad so far. :)

DeLillo and McCarthy are supposed to be the current "greats" of American literature. I couldn't stand the DeLillo I tried reading -- maybe his other, more famous works are better -- so I'm hoping McCarthy doesn't disappoint. I unfortunately spoiled The Road for myself, but I'm picking up All the Pretty Horses, and it's much better than not bad so far. :)

I read only one de Lillo novel, Libra ,some fifteen years ago, and remember enjoying it. I was glad I was given The Road as a birthday gift, and I didn't know anything about it. But even if you've heard the basics about this book, it's all revealed within the first three pages, so you may enjoy anyway. Thanks for the input, Kerv.

I just finished Twilight the first in the Stephenie Meyer series, I don't know why I liked it but I did. I'm currently just starting the second book in her series New Moon. From a literary stand point I wouldn't describe it as an amazing work of literature or anything but I enjoyed the story nonetheless.

I just finished reading 'In Due Time' by J Ross on the e-fiction site. It was good, I enjoyed it.

I saw a similarity in the 'out male' with the 'out male' in Shelter. They both appeared to be very patient with the back and forth of a male accepting coming out. I don't think I have met too many men like this.

I am reading Stone Cold by David Baldacci - my public read. And at night I am re-reading Perfect Hope by S. Hardy Brondos. He is a member of another small publishing company, Wayward Books.

A big thank you to phantom for helping me get my book back up and finally adding a new chapter.

"The God Eaters" by Jesse Hajicek

Really good! This is my 4th time reading it.

From Amazon:

It confronts many issues faced by society in a very subtle fashion, but also tells a gripping tale.

Hajicek has created a work of epic fiction with the God Eaters. Imagine a world not unlike the American Western Frontier of the 1800's--trains, guns, outlaws. Only here, the "Ivainians" are the persecuted minority, instead of Native Americans. In this world, people have Talents (pyrokinesis, empathy, etc.) The Commonwealth is determined to control everyone, especially Talents, with an iron hand. They use the White Watch to do so. Ivainians cannot hold certain jobs that whites can, and they have their Talents "burned" out of them. This is the world of Ash Trine and Keiran Trevarde.

Ash is sent to prison for writing treasonous pamphlets against the heinous actions of the government. Keiran is sent to prison for murder. In prison they are treated as guinea pigs for experiments on their Talents. They are tortured - as prisoners they are considered less than human. Yet, these two unlikely men will escape to confront reincarnated gods battling for supremacy over this world, and the freedom of all people. And maybe find the power to love again.

• 4 months later...

Okay...yeah, I'm alive.

Anyways, I'm reading at this moment?

Oh, word of warning, the site I'm reading these are on, you need to be 18 and have an account.

The Last Pure Human by TwistedHilarity. Original, good, sex, nice plot.

Ice Winds Bride by TwistedHilarity. Original, good, sex, nice plot. Only 4 chappys though.

Natures Choice by TwistedHilarity. Once more, original good and sexy. Has a threesome, but a nice plot that draws you in and keeps you there, as all of her stories do.

Rooftop by Lunarwench. It's a good story. Second part is being written and posted and makes you just...want to read it all over again!

Okay, actual books?

Well, my English composition book again since I seem to still have trouble with my tenses.

And these books are beyond boring, but needed: Anthropological Studies of Witchcraft, Magic and Religion. It's a series of essays and what not written by people in the years ranging from the 1800's up to the late 1900's. I need them for my story.

And finally...just for some light reading 'Sudden Prey' by this one author whose name escapes me.

Yep. That's all. *nods*