What are you reading?

That series -- and particularly that book -- is fantastic. In my opinion, it's much more ambitious than Harry Potter, with greater strength and scope of vision. Also, since you're a Swede, you won't have to imagine what the northern lights look like, the way I had to... sigh, the difficulties of living down south. :angry:

lol! Harry Potter will always be my favorite books and be special to me since they got me interesting in reading.

I really like the Golden Compass so far, but I've only read like the first three chapters or so. But I can't stop being amazed at how much they changed in the movie! Even this early in the book I've noticed a lot of changes they did when writing the movie script. It kinda bugs me. Like they made it more... "Disney". And there's a whoooole lot of references to Christianity they just took away completely. My friends who read the book and saw the movie said they made a lot of changes, but I never imagined they'd change so much so early... It makes me wonder how much they've changed later on!

To be honest, the thing about the northern lights didn't seem very mystical or magical to me because I see it a few times every winter(I live in the northern part of Sweden). So maybe you were better off having to imagine it, lol.

gah! I'm reading over my old stories and I have to say...WHY DID I WRITE IT?! My God, they're horrid! How...could...I...did...I...? *ish shocked and awed at the horridness of her earlier works*

But beyond that, I've been reading some stories online by TwistedHilarity. Her stuff is good...granted most of it is smut, but still great stuff. I like her story 'The Last Pure Human' and this other one of her stuff, but I forget the name...

I'm reading my textbooks for school does that count ;)

Of course, you're reading. Are you at least learning something from it? *is ashamed to say...she never learned a thing from her text books due to the fact that she had a bad time in college*

Of course, you're reading. Are you at least learning something from it? *is ashamed to say...she never learned a thing from her text books due to the fact that she had a bad time in college*

<HUGS> I know the feeling :(

I'm reading For Hearing People only for my ASL (American Sign Language) class it's offering me a general view on the Deaf Culture and I do say it's making for a facinating read (and I have to do a paper on it as well for the first day of class :wacko: ). I'm also reading my textbook for Criminal Justice with is offering me a good view on the criminal justice system :) .

<HUGS> I know the feeling :(

I'm reading For Hearing People only for my ASL (American Sign Language) class it's offering me a general view on the Deaf Culture and I do say it's making for a facinating read (and I have to do a paper on it as well for the first day of class :wacko: ). I'm also reading my textbook for Criminal Justice with is offering me a good view on the criminal justice system :) .

*hugs* :wub:

I remember that book. I stole it from my friend one time when she was taking the class. I ended up reading for three hours, giving her answers for her essay...it is a facinating read.

I'm now studying up on my astronomy, via the internet. It's for a future story set...which I've talked about.

*note to self: research mythological creatures and gods...I need to find out if Nagas were part of the myths or not...

A Density of Souls, by Christopher Rice.

I told Joe to read that book. He actually has my copy. I loved it too. Have you read The Snow Garden and the other ones he has out? They don't quite compare but still are pretty good.

I'm reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer right now.

Well Hey All! I finish reading "The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks" in like two days. Now I am reading "War World Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks" and I am going on my second week of reading cause it scaring me. For some reason the first books was funny as hell to me and the second book I don't want to even pick up and finish reading. Since I am so close to the end I really need to, I will just have to sleep with the night light on and a tire thumper close by.

Well Hey All! I finish reading "The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks" in like two days. Now I am reading "War World Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks" and I am going on my second week of reading cause it scaring me. For some reason the first books was funny as hell to me and the second book I don't want to even pick up and finish reading. Since I am so close to the end I really need to, I will just have to sleep with the night light on and a tire thumper close by.

BTW this is the second time I have read these books with similar result well except that I am taking a bit longer on the second book. :blink:

I was on a Robin Cook spree...I red three of his books but now that my exams are round the corner, I am easing up on the extra reading... ;)

And here I am relaxing that my exams are over. Reading all the three books by Chetan Bhagat to cool off my mind from all the exam stress :P

Right now i'm reading a not so recent book but quite good. Night Probe by Clive Cussler

the fuel cost is rising, the USA needs to find some energy source, Quebec is menacing to seperate and form a pro communist country and menace the electric energy source to the USA... Some student finds traces of a north american treaty,,, the British had approached the USA to sell Quebec,,,Tragedy strikes when, on the same day in May 1914, the American copy of the treaty goes to the bottom of the Hudson River when the Manhattan Limited attempts to cross a downed railroad bridge and the British copy goes to the bottom of the St. Lawrence River when the liner RMS Empress of Ireland is accidentally rammed by a Norwegian collier. With both nation's copies of the treaty destroyed Wilson orders all records of the treaty destroyed and records the $150 million payment as a war loan. ...

really it's a good story I personally like it for the real facts of the books.. also because I dove in the empress of Ireland :P

Does anybody reading " The Ruins " by Scott Smith ...

wondeful novel ....The story about the group of tourist get trapped on ancient temple deep on jungle Mexico ,and get attack by the vines with the red flowers ...

They also made a movies base from novel ...

I'm reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer right now.

Breaking Dawn was definitely a fantastic novel.

When I finally have time, I intend to read The Host, which is Stephenie Meyer's attempt at an adult novel.

Right now I'm reading The Awakening by Kate Chopin, for my AP English class, and then I'll be reading Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Wolfe and write an essay comparing the two novels. It pretty much sucks, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get a good score on my AP exam come next May.

I have quite a few books on my "to-read" list... like probably more than twenty... plus Brisingr, third book in Inheritance, comes out next month.

~Mikie

I'm reading a possible publishing contract...*nibbles lip* I got a copy of my friends since it's the basic contract for this company. I'm thinking of submitting an anthology of stories with them...we'll see how things go.

And here I am relaxing that my exams are over. Reading all the three books by Chetan Bhagat to cool off my mind from all the exam stress :P

That's great! My exams started today.

That man is simply awesome! His 'The three mistakes of my life' is too good! Which one are you reading now?

I am also reading Breaking Dawn as well as:

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. This guy is a raging dickhead and he just goes out, gets drunk, makes an ass out of himself, and writes about the hilarity that ensues. Amazingly funny, maybe the funniest book I have ever read.

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This book is amazing, a true gift. It has completely changed my life. It can be a tad bit hard to get in to at times, and if you find it impossible, watch the movie. it is everywhere free online.

The World of Normal Boys by K.M. Sohenlein. This is in the top 5 best books I have ever read. It is like something you would find on here but deeper, more mature, more affecting. Read this book.

Thats it for now.

That's great! My exams started today.

That man is simply awesome! His 'The three mistakes of my life' is too good! Which one are you reading now?

I'm reading chapter 11 of 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' right now. The humor in his books is just amazing... I've been caught laughing at really inappropriate times :lol: