Gay stories on the net

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering:

What are your favorite gay stories on the net?

For me, there's: DK's Do Over, Dom's Desert Dropping (I actually like it better than TLW I've finally decided), Ardveche's Educating Alex, Sara Bell's The Magic in Your Touch, PuppyboyJeff's Dumb Jock, Rimshot's Southern Knights, Keith Morrisette's Valey Cycle (The Boyfriend, Little Secrets Little Lies, and The Wednesday Boy), Sequoyah's Magic Mountain, Jess Mercer's College Days, and of course Comacality's Gone From Daylight. There are several others, but these make the top of my list.

Love and Peace,

Solace

I've mainly only read Comicality and mainly only read his short, 1 page stories, but I'm in the process of reading his series "New Kid in School" and I love it. I'm currently on chapter 16.

Xander

domluka 'the log way' dom's 'the ordinary us' dom's 'desert dropping' yes- a domaholic. :) i also like the other stories from dom's group. apollo's 'the world is a story' matt's 'unrequited' and meg's 'flames to ice' is good. yes, i like stuff outside of lukaland too like DK 'vampire jarred' DK&Dom 'Service' and jourdan lane's 'Target'

JC

Not really a "gay" story as per se, but it's a Sci-Fi with homosexual elements, the e-published "Earthbound" series of books by DM Arnold is always a good read. Here's a link.

http://www.virtualimprint.com/earthbound/about.htm

Also, to read (for free) books online by big name publishers (Mercedes Lackey, Larry Niven, etc.) try the Baen Free Library.

Just a few of many: Jayne Finn's Human Condition, Grasshopper's Just Hit Send and Dreamchasers (at iomfats), REC's Jake's Hand, Chris Lydon's The William Carter series, Virtual Insanity's Summer of Change, Julien Gregg's Dustin (here at GA), Breaking Masks (collaboration between Dabeagle and Josh Aterovis.)

There is a wonderful series of stories, Montgomery Hall, Cutler House, and Columbus Avenue, by a prolific author at nifty, John Yager.

I don't read much BDSM (honestly, some of it makes me laugh :rolleyes: Can I say that here? LOL). However, there are 2 stories I'd recommend (I don't think "enjoy" is the right word - these are a grueling read): Jack Rowan's The Story of Tim and The Story of Tol.

Now, there's this writer, dkstories ... well, I'm not really into vampires and such, but a long time ago, I read his science fiction story, Mists of Fate. I understand it's going to be here at GA soon, and I can't wait to read it again.

Kitty

:read:

Story of Tol... wow, I

• 3 weeks later...

Reyna's 'Ephebian Paradise' stories. They're romantic, set in a sort of 18th century world (not earth) with magic. http://www.ephebianparadise.com/

Ann Summeriville's stories set on another ficitonal world called Periter.

http://www.logophilos.net/story_index.php

A.J. Hall's Harry Potter fiction. Brilliantly written, often amusing, generally passionate and coming from a completly different angle than the usual Harry/Draco relationship. http://www.shoesforindustry.net/html/ebooks.html

Kouri and Karasus original fiction. Which I believe has now been taken down from their site.

The Dyasty of Ghosts by P.L. Nunn. http://bishonenworks.com/fiction_new/story...rs/dynasty1.php

Experiment 9: Red and Black

http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=1249692

London Calling by GioGio

http://www.slasharchive.org/londoncalling/...llingindex.html

Manhattan Love Story by Panuru

http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=261637

Fleur de Lys

http://free.hostultra.com/~nelson6729/Rang...e_lys_Index.htm

The hard bit is not wanting to leave anything out. A few stories stand out tho. First the one that got me involved to the point of anxiety was Carrots and Celery by Karla Schulz. The series that probably kept me up most late nights - in fact often early mornings - was Brew Maxwell's Foley-Mashburn saga. To be honest there's a major difference between those two authors already. Karla's story is a definite literary effort where the major triumph is the perfect command of voice for her characters and the knowing but short of cynical delivery. Brew's story is a glorious emotional roller coster that is as much about showing that gay men can lead 'the good life' (I mean morally!) and that gay teens can have teenage years that aren't blighted by homophobia (and of course to celebrating gravy). Then there's EleCivil whose telling of his story Leaves and Lunatics - and I hope he won't mind the comparison - reminds me of Carrots and Celery but remains its own compelling story. And...well the Eggman A New Life and it's sequels. And finally (good lord can I ever stop) Ty's Storm Front - the story that spawned a nation. Oh oh oh! And erm Dom Luka and well just about everyone else.

J

• 4 weeks later...

This might be a long post. There is a LOT of good stuff out there and I present the authors in no particular order.

IMHO the very best author, envelope please, is Driver. His stories The Quarry, Plans A, B, C, and D, Falling off a Log, Sudden Storm and others are classics. Unfortunately Driver has left the net but his stories remain and are loved by thousands.

Driver's Page

This list would be a joke if I left out the beloved Comicality. He is one of the most complete authors on the net. He does lighthearted and dark with equal ease and can, and has, written very good material in several very different genras.

My Only Escape, New Kid In School, Magic Man, and Savage Moon are all winners. This guy is one of the real treasures of the net but sadly, he will be moving on soon. If you haven't read any of his stuff, do it soon so you'll get a chance to tell him you love it.

Comicality's Shack

Another author high on my list is the Eggman. He was one of the pioneers of the genre and his long running stories the New Life and Life Goes On were widely followed until he left the net and took his stories with him back in April. Fortunately, theGlassOnion still lives on on the internet archive!

Internet Archive: the Glass Onion

Dewey is another one of the top internet authors and nobody does angst like Dewey. Brian & Pete, For the Love of Pete and Brian's Destruction WILL make you laugh, cry, mumble to yourself and occassionally even bark. Dewey has a keen insight into emotions and psycology that makes his writing cut clean to the bone.

Dewey's Home

Drake is a very professional author. His work is clean, smooth and challenging. Don't expect to take on one of his stories on a lark! They are all novel length and very publishable. His most well known works are Finding His Own, the Last Word, and A Royal Theif.

Drake's Place

Grasshopper is another author who knows how to get to your heart. His serial Jest Hit Send is a classic that no serious student of the genre would miss on purpose.

Grasshopper's Page

Josh Ardveche is an author that far too many people overlook. His works Educating Alex and New to this State are top ten material.

Josh's Page

Graeme is relatively new but he is one of the most promising new authors. His stories Falls Creek Lessons and New Brother are finding their way to bookmarks all over. His short stories like the Gift, Ambush, Dear God, and Bad news are powerful. His writing only gets better with every new installment. Graeme's work can be found at Deweywriter or Awesomedude.

Ryan Keith is the up and coming author of the Kayden series. His work can be found at Awesomedude, Deweywriter and the Mail Crew.

the Mail Crew

Other authors of note: Brew Maxwell, C.P. Lyton, KIT of CRVboy.

I know that I haven't listed some REALLY OBVIOUS choices with great reputations BUT I have not read their material yet. That's half the fun of it-- there is always much more to explore.

To all net authors, thanks for writing! I can't wait to read your stuff! If I could stay on the net 24/7, it would never get old. However with dial up and life, my pace is somewhat hindered.

My #1 favorite story is Comicality's "Gone from Daylight". It's a solid Sci-fi piece that happens to be a good multi-level allegory for gay experience in general and problems that specifically plague popular authors specifically. Well, maybe I'm subconsciously inventing the allegory, but It's still a darn good story. :P

Other favorites include works from authors already mentioned, such as dkstories, Dewey, Eggman, Keith Morrisette, and others I'm completely drawing a blank on.

Edited by Ender

I am an admitted Domaholic. I even got internet on my cell phone so I could check for updates when I'm away from home. I love all his stories as well as the other authors in his Yahoo group.

Christopher Patrick Lydon's Carter Chronicles are great. He is currently working on book 6. They can be found at Crvboy.

Crvboy

Billy and Danny by Mickey S on Nifty is a great story. It's very long, but a great read. I have read it twice.

Billy and Danny

I also love everything written by Micheal Phillips and Sara Bell. Parts of their stories are posted on Crvboy, but more chapters are posted in their Yahoo groups.

Edited by Sugarmag