Man Pregnant?

wildone

If I were the pregnant guy I think I would be a little hurt if someone called me a woman after all the hormone treatments, plastic surgery, etc.

Are you saying you agree with me that the pregnant guy is still technically considered a female? To me the transformation is not complete until the sexual reassignment surgery is complete. In this case meaning she has been physiologically transformed into a male, complete with a penis. Help me with this please because I really want to understand how transgendered persons feel about this issue. In the example of the book I'm working on the sexual reassignment is complete. To all but the most observant doctors he is now a she. Certainly her husband feels that way. And yet there is the ever-present angst of knowing she can only permit one doctor to lay his hands on her and he's just been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I can only speak for myself here because I don't know many transgendered people and can not guess what they might think. In the case of the pregnant man, I think he is still far from being completely male. I would not consider him a normal woman either although for the purpose of having a child he is. I think the best lable I could give him/her is 'a work in progress'.

People who undergo gender reasignment have to follow a certain procedure. I believe they first have the hormone treatment. Then, for the FtoM case, they have the breast surgury. The last step is to fix the genitals which has now become more difficult because the hormone shift has altered the flexability and thickness of the female parts.

If I were making the rules I would start with the removal of all the female parts and then work on creating male features. Biologicaly it makes more sense, but the doctors do not want to be sued if someone changes her mind. I think that is why they leave the lower body until the end. This is all based on what I have heard and read. I have not done any of this myself (It's expensive) so my description may not be perfectly acurate.

In terms of how someone may feel about their body I'm sure it varies. I think most people feel like they are pretending to be someone else before they have any medical treatment. After the changes have been made I think most people try to live a normal life not dweling on the past. There is some fear of exposure in most cases because it is hard to tell how people may react if they suddenly find out about your past.

• Site Administrator

A little update:

I saw on the news tonight, that the gentleman appeared on Oprah today, and video was shown of him having an ultrasound done showing a healthy baby girl growing inside him.

Unfortunately it seems that the hate campaign is starting to get involved, including his own family.

Furthermore it was explained that he has continued producing eggs from his ovaries since his reassignment surgery. When faced with his wife being unable to produce eggs herself, they decided to have artificial insemination done from a donor.

Also, do to his reassignment surgery, he is recognized by the law as being a man.

A little update:

I saw on the news tonight, that the gentleman appeared on Oprah today, and video was shown of him having an ultrasound done showing a healthy baby girl growing inside him.

Unfortunately it seems that the hate campaign is starting to get involved, including his own family.

Furthermore it was explained that he has continued producing eggs from his ovaries since his reassignment surgery. When faced with his wife being unable to produce eggs herself, they decided to have artificial insemination done from a donor.

Also, do to his reassignment surgery, he is recognized by the law as being a man.

Interesting! Thanks for the update! :D

I heard abt this at my work. Can you believe it? In that small island all alone in an ocean...

*mutters about globalisation*

But poeple are labelling it with gays. I think that's more for transgendered, as said here. Because gays are men and I dnt think they will be able to have child, or at least be pregnant with one.

Take care,

Ieshwar

I heard abt this at my work. Can you believe it? In that small island all alone in an ocean...

*mutters about globalisation*

But poeple are labelling it with gays. I think that's more for transgendered, as said here. Because gays are men and I dnt think they will be able to have child, or at least be pregnant with one.

Take care,

Ieshwar

:( ..............Are people really equating this "pregnant transgendered guy" to Gays? That is so wrong, there's nothing wrong about transgendered people. But this person is not gay.

Edited by Benji

:( ..............Are people really equating this "pregnant transgendered guy" to Gays? That is so wrong, there's nothing wrong about transgendered people. But this person is not gay.

Transgendered people can be straight, gay, or somewhere in between. Making assumptions is never a good idea.

I hate to sound like a dick but there is nothing amazing about this.

He's still biologically a woman, not a man no matter how much he cut off his boobs and grew his dick. In this case, biology won't respect his gender identity.

I hate to sound like a dick but there is nothing amazing about this.

He's still biologically a woman, not a man no matter how much he cut off his boobs and grew his dick. In this case, biology won't respect his gender identity.

I agree that there isn't really anything biologically amazing about all this, but it could be a fairly significant step societally.

I think it's important that people get over the notion that a 'family' is a man, a woman, and a kid/kids. Families come in all different varieties and important for us as a society to realize that. So if transgendered people having kids is going to help carry that torch then I'm certainly behind it, even more so than I would be on a strictly personal level (obviously regardless of any other agendas I want people to be able have kids and start families if that's what they want).

I have to note that I don't disapprove of this though. I would still consider him as a father of the child of course.

It's just I cannot see him as a pregnant man. Biologically speaking, of course, without any disrespect to the transgendered people. That's all.

Let me know when a biological male get pregnant with an ingrown uterus. Then I'll be amazed, but I won't disapprove of that either.

Current "traditionalist" view of family today is so outdated to me. And it's likely the "redefined" view of family will be outdated once again fifty years later, and will I follow it? No idea...best not to say never or will, but I refuse to be an old man with "outdated" views and always complaining that the old days are much better.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...