[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

Things are getting very exciting... Worthington can't get into everyone he wants! (I know that frustration!) and what has age got to do with it? My boyfriend is 22 years younger than me!

The next chapter is going to be intense!!

Thanks Dan!

A very interesting chapter, Dan. Worthington gets another notch in his bedpost even though he claims he would never do that. And am I right? Worthington can absorb another person's skills when he is either a bottom or a top? Very interesting.

It appears Chapter 17 will have lots of action. Looking forward to it. Is Brandon up for the exertion that is likely?

Edited by MikeL

That was an interesting chapter. I have an interesting scenario to mention. I think there's going to be a love/hate thing between Worthington and Lowenthal. It will be interesting to see if my theory is correct.

Worthington can absorb another person's skills when he is either a bottom or a top? Very interesting.

I thought it was telling that he did bottom, since the guy had no gay tendencies.

Is Brandon up for the exertion that is likely?

I have a bad feeling about this... :ph34r:

I think there's going to be a love/hate thing between Worthington and Lowenthal. It will be interesting to see if my theory is correct.

Love/hate or just cat and mouse?

I loved the conversation on the chopper, Dan! At the end, Worthington really did sound like a spoiled rich kid.

But, Steph, which is the cat and which is the mouse?

As for Worthington absorbing the memories/skills, he has usually been the bottom. It may not have been made clear in scenes from the past, but he was usually the bottom in the those encounters if they involved anal sex. Some might have been just oral.

The conversation on the plane (the OV-22 is a plane, not a chopper! Yes, it can hover and land like a helicopter, but it flies like a plane. The wings rotate to give it chopper-like abilities) was one of my favorite things about this chapter. Worthington is still, at his core, a spoiled rich kid. He is used to getting what he wants, when he wants it and without delay. Think about a few things.

He wrecks his bike and is perturbed that he has to ride an ordinary one until a new custom model can be made.

His approach to dealing with the government is to negotiate with them and get a business deal out of the bargain where he will make money.

He's more concerned about Dechaun learning to work and invest than in trying to help the general economic condition of all the kids in the camp. Nor does he really take such an interest in all the kids in his dorm, just one of them that he believes is the most likely to succeed.

He is still a rich boy, just a better person than he was before he came to Phoenix.

But, Steph, which is the cat and which is the mouse?

hahaha! is the mouse antagonizing the cat, you mean? I found it interesting that Lowenthal could sense whether someone was a threat and wondered if he got any pings from Worthington. I'm guessing that Lowenthal isn't like a lie detector, just a threat detector. But do his feelings or warnings come in levels where he can tell that someone is not being forthright?

The conversation on the plane (the OV-22 is a plane, not a chopper! Yes, it can hover and land like a helicopter, but it flies like a plane. The wings rotate to give it chopper-like abilities) was one of my favorite things about this chapter.

sorry! :( sometimes I skip over the tech babble because I need a picture, like you had in Do Over. now I can say, way cool...

2530238160083749936toUINy_th.jpg

He is still a rich boy, just a better person than he was before he came to Phoenix.

I should have emphasized the 'kid' part. He was acting like he was 17, not a miniture adult.

It was a good chapter especially because it developed the character of some of the government people. I worry about Brandon because not only were there a couple of references about his possible not being up to the physical part of the mission (especially the retreat) but there was the conversation in the plane about "not everyone might make it back".

Actually, the two minor characters I've gotten to like the most are Brandon and Rob. I'm glad Rob found someone but I'd to see more of him in the story line. I'm hoping that Brandon doesn't get killed off, not only because of the impact it would have Worthington, but because I don't think he's had much joy in his life (ok, yeah, the romantic in me is creeping out).

Bad omens but a good set up for what should be a couple of amazing chapters coming our way (soon I hope)!

Steve

Soon, yeah. There will be a midweek update, but not of Rich Boy. The mid-week update will be the next chapter of Let's Do It. The Let's Do It Finale will probably be sometime next week as well.

Wahoo! :hug:

• Site Administrator

Hey Dan and all.

I know I don't post too often in your forums, but I am an avid reader and wait for every new chapter.

Also, you mentioned in your blog and in your announcement of the kind of weekend you've been having :( . May I suggest you re read the last 3 sentences of this chapter, they had me laughing my arse off :D .

I do have one question though...Brandon is a channel, right? I believe earlier on that you mentioned that channel's could be used to enhance magic for those they are bonded to, but are they mages? In this chapter you mentioned:

"Yes, sir." Worthington said as he stood up and turned to face the group of men. Most of them were experienced, hardened combat veterans. Even two of the three mages going with them were military combat veterans who had been discovered by the government mages while they were on duty in combat zones overseas. The other two mages going were Brandon and de la Plane himself. "During the Demon Wars, the Demon Lords fighting human mages established five compounds where their kind could exist in our world for periods of longer than a few hours or days. It took the slaughter of a half-dozen mages, and at least a hundred non-mages to create each compound.

Also, Carl was I believe recruited for being a channel, but not as a mage.

Let me know if I'm out to lunch here or not.

I really enjoyed the chapter, and I get the feeling that the next chapter will be a lot like the last fight with the Demons like in Awakening. Can't wait :great: .

Steve B)

I do have one question though... Brandon is a channel, right? I believe earlier on that you mentioned that channel's could be used to enhance magic for those they are bonded to, but are they mages? ... Also, Carl was I believe recruited for being a channel, but not as a mage.

Hi Steve! I thought channels were a special type of extremely low level mage. I'd be curious to hear Dan's answer as to whether channels could do really simple spells if they needed to. I don't remember Brandon or Carl doing any kind of spell.

Typical Dark Path mages don't let their Channels do a whole lot of magic on their own. Certainly they would have basic skills in low magic (mental conversation, shielding, etc). Until now, Channels haven't been paired with non-Dark Path mages. They've been something exclusively Dark. That is changing though, and so we might see more from Brandon and Carl than Dark Path bonded Channels.

Certainly their own mage abilities are much, much weaker than normal mages even. They won't be able to blast a demon down like Worthington and Jamie, or even Rob. What they can do though, well, you'll see.