Do you like a muscle/older guys ...?

Be hosnetly , i'm easy get turn on by the muscle guys or older guys ... :wub: ...But on other hand , i think i prefer the normal guys , not really muscle , just fix body and same my age or little bit older is ok ? Not really tall , just same my height is ok ( 'cause i'm kindda short )...

How about you guys ?

• Site Administrator

Everyone is different (as I keep telling my boys). Everyone has different likes and dislikes.

I've heard of twenty-year-old guys who are turned on by elderly women. I remember reading some advice to one such guy to get himself a job in a retirement home, where he can make lots of people very happy....

While appearances are important and useful in creating an initial attraction to someone, anything long term has to look below that surface to the person underneath. I remember hearing a comment made about the choice of partner of one of their friends:

"I couldn't see what they saw in him... until he opened his mouth. Then I understood."

The guy in question is, to be honest, on the below-average side in looks, but he has a wonderful personality and an absolutely fantastic speaking voice. If you went on outward appearances, most people would never have considered dating him, but I would challenge anyone to not be fascinated by him once they hear him speak.

Don't get too caught up with outward appearances unless you're only interesting in a passing relationship. That's my view, though I do appreciate how important that initial attraction can be in forming a close friendship.

Edited by Graeme

I do find some older men attractive, but I am unlikely to date anyone over 35. That is simply because I do not think I would have enough in common with someone that much older. However, if others my age want to date a 50-year-old man or woman, that's what works for them. :)

Muscles scare and intimidate me. Plus, too many of them is just freaky. ~nods~

Older men... I've gotten a little weird about that. I'm nearing militant about telling certain people to just give the hell up and work within their own age group. :P Generally, though, as I've stated many time, personality is the trump card.

~shrug~ It's just highly unlikely that I'll meet someone drastically older (or younger). Different stages of life and all that jazz.

I date guys older than me, but as far as significantly older, I don't. David is in his late 20's, so it's not that large of an age gap, but we do have our days where I want to be out and about and he just wants quiet time.. lol.. So, even though the George Clooney types are hot and attractive, I won't date guys too much older than me. Thirty-two is probably my strict cut off age.

I have never been fond of muscled up men either. A toned body, but not a muscle-bound man is far more attractive to me. I don't want to be engulfed by a hard bodied man.. lol.. as I'm really petite.

Anyway, personality is far more important.

I forgot to mention muscle types. The guys like Arnold look like they could crush you. Plus all those extra veins are just plain disgusting to me. I don't mind some muscle, but I'm opposed to the Mr. Universe types.

Yeah, sure I like muscle/older guys -- just not too muscled, and not too much older. As Cleobulus said, "Moderation is impeccable."

Sounds like the difference between someone who's "Athletic" and someone who's "Muscular".

yeah , everybody was difference and diversity ...That why sometime i like older guys , but i still prefer the guys same my age ....it alway cute to be a couple ... B)

do not think I would have enough in common with someone that much older

yeah , right , it too hard to ger along with your older parner , if become more worst when your parner get older ...We do have diference thought , culture , behave ..with each other ...That why , be better stick with somebody same your ages , but , one things i can't deny was actractive by the older man ...I don't known why ? When you date somebody really older than you , you felt they so mature , actractive , more experiment than you -_-

I mention normal muscle guys not Athlete guys ...like someone hit the gys 4 day/week ...man , they so hot !!! :wub: , too more muscle made me feel disgusting too ...

Edited by andyxxx2006
I forgot to mention muscle types. The guys like Arnold look like they could crush you. Plus all those extra veins are just plain disgusting to me. I don't mind some muscle, but I'm opposed to the Mr. Universe types.

Amen to that -- those veins are just creepy. Moderately muscled guys are nice though, though it isn't a requirement.

As for age, no, I don't really go for older -- than myself, that is. I'm too old to go for *really* older, I mean, they'd be about to retire then, and how fun is that? Not much. :P Also, when I was 32 I dated a 39-year-old guy, and we really had some trouble related to the age gap, even though it wasn't that big -- we had a lot of other problems too, but the age gap was palpable in that particular case, and interestingly I think he was a lot older mentally back then than I am now. And I meet a lot of 50-year-olds now (and 70 or 80-year-olds for that matter) who seem younger at heart than he was then...

So really a lot of it's to do with personal chemistry and one's inner age -- and I don't mean that it's a good thing to be immature and childish when you reach your 30s or more, but that you're not completely stuck in your ways and attitudes to things, and are still open to fun things and not too tied down by social conventions.

There's something about the maturity, and especially the wisdom, in older and intelligent men that really intrigues me. Sure, I like to flirt with guys of all ages. But I'd only consider an older guy when it comes to a long-term relationship. Not too much older though. Three to seven years older is about right for me. My former partner of 17 years fell into that age range. We'd still be together were it not for his untimely death-by-hurricane.

As for muscle. Blech! Muscle is for cars, not guys. :D

There's something about the maturity, and especially the wisdom, in older and intelligent men that really intrigues me.

As for muscle. Blech! Muscle is for cars, not guys. :D

I have to completely agree with Gary.

Even when I started college I was never in that wild party scene and definitely prefer more quiet nights overall, so I've always had an interest in older guys. I've never had problems connecting or getting along because I guess I'm a bit old and serious at heart. I don't think age should matter at all. Initially, it might be hard to get past for some people, but if you really get along and enjoy one another's company, respect one another, and all that stuff, it really doesn't make a difference. Why go for someone your own age if you can't stand them, clash all the time, and you treat one another badly?

As for muscle, reserve all that power for the engines! Balance and moderation, please, unless they are competing. I hate it when I see guys who can't put their arms to their sides, or their neck is a foot wide, or their shoulders are all the way up to their ears because of the built up muscle. Lean and tone, even on the slender side is attractive. At least for me.

Honestly I'm not attracted to them at all. My preferred 'type' would be just the opposite, guys who are a little bit younger than me and no more than 'toned'.

But that's just if we're doing types. In practical application I certainly wouldn't rule out anyone as much as 3 or 4 years older than me (probably about as high as I'd want to go though), and really the muscle thing doesn't do it for me, but if he's not massive I guess it's okay.

I guess what it comes down to is that I don't want my guy to look like a body builder, but if he looks like he goes to the gym, that's cool.