[AFriendlyFace] Buy Me A Drink

BMAD  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Does Mick have romantic feelings for Aaron?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Who will Aaron end up romantically involved with at the end of the story?

• Ben
    • Mick
    • Neither
    • Both

Ohh, I hadn't quite realized it was this chapter! This and the next four are my favourites of the whole story. I really hope you guys enjoy them, and I expect this chapter to generate some interesting comments (please don't prove me wrong!)

Buy me a drink?

Chapter 7: The Greatest Story Ever Told

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel awful that I still haven't gotten to fix the eFiction situation. I know it's no excuse, but the reason is simply that I've been very busy this week, and while it's a high priority it's not a fun activity and it's time consuming (at least for me) so I've been putting it off.

I will have the next chapter up in some form on time (which gives me exactly an hour), but I'm afraid that form will be another thread post. Sorry Everyone :(

You have my word that I'll have all the chapters in eFiction by Thursday evening (and I'm shooting for Wednesday evening).

Awww, Kevin! don't beat yourself up about it! :hug: Maybe if you ask real nice like, Steve will feel inclined to help... I'd offer, but I don't know anything about eFic. :wacko: Although, you know, it wasn't that bad reading it from the thread. So, no worries. You're good! ^_^

Awww, Kevin! don't beat yourself up about it! :hug: Maybe if you ask real nice like, Steve will feel inclined to help... I'd offer, but I don't know anything about eFic. :wacko: Although, you know, it wasn't that bad reading it from the thread. So, no worries. You're good! ^_^

Thanks Steph,

Actually I kinda wanna do it myself. I need to work on my skills in this general area. I also want to (eventually) become proficient with HTML.

Did you already read the new chapter? Any thoughts?

Take care :)

Kevin

This is the sweetest chapter, but knowing you, it will just get better and better. I can honestly say that I've loved every one of your chapters. It was a slow build up focusing on the friendships and I love those friend aspects!

But Ben trying to find out what the deal was with Aaron and Mick was adorable and the rambling way Aaron explained everything was even cuter! Btw, Aaron being a rambler totally makes sense. It fits his whole awkward caveman talk. But Ben agreeing to be Aaron's bf at the end took the cake. It was the perfect end, although technically Aaron didn't ask, unless I happened to read over it. (I can be a messy reader: I bounce around the chapter, I sometimes stumble over sentences...)

The thing about your writing Kevin is that although nothing much really happens in the chapter, there's such great story telling that it leaves me interested and hanging onto every word. There are few authors that I read every little word because I have attention issues, but you're one of them that I'm willing to spend a long digesting every little bit.

Great work as always and no worries about the efiction thing. Whatever you can manage. Your fans don't mind! :D

This is an awesome chapter! I absolutely love the way you write with such uncanny accuracy about the awkward moments of a quasi-first date. I hate those stories where all the characters seem to speak with Shakespearian eloquence at every moment, always supplied with the right snappy comebacks and the gift of glib conversation at every moment. No, in my experience, it's your picture of not quite knowing what to say next, of the uncomfortable silences, of the "fumbles" and "interceptions" that is the truer picture. You have a real gift at getting that across, so my compliments to you!

Aaron seems like a real sweetie. A bit shy, a bit better at seeing stuff going on in other people's lives than in his own, but a sweetheart nonetheless. And Ben, for all of his BMAD behaviour, actually seems pretty down-to-earth, though maybe a little quick to forgive and forget, if you know what I mean. After all, Aaron kinda called him a whore in the last chapter, and Ben hasn't even confronted him about it - though he wasn't shy about yelling at him about the whole Mick situation. Makes me wonder if Ben thought Aaron hit a little too close to the mark, maybe?

I have to wonder how much of Aaron is you. I don't know you very well, Kevin, but I get the sense that we might have quite a bit in common, since Aaron is starting to remind me of a gay, male version of myself in some ways. The whole insecurity thing, well, yeah, I can definitely relate.

And I like how you've not-so-subtly introduced a seemingly upcoming Mick plot twist. Oh yes, there's definitely a story there.

This story just keeps getting better. Keep 'em coming!

Off-Topic: Yay first male to answer! :P

Such a sweet chapter, Kev Kev! I almost jumped up from my chair and ran silly through my room!! :P

Goh, geez, I don't really know what to add to what the misses above me already said...

I sure liked the start of this chapter, where Aar calls him, and doesn't get a reply :P Soo neat to have his nerves back in a matter of minutes :P

So, you better keep on posting chapters!! :wub:

Niels

Just wanted to say I am continuing to read (and love) this story, and I always look forward to when a new chapter is released. Aaron is a great character with all his uncertainties and awkwardness, and I'm glad he's finally managed to get things going with Ben. The best chapter so far, I think, and I'm also curious as to what going on with Mick, I have my suspicions but I'll have to wait to see if I'm proved right :D

I think Kevin is misleading us with the whole Mick situation. Misdirection...make the readers wonder...toss and turn in their sleep over the "what ifs."

Evil Kevin :lol:

Since things are heading in the right direction for Ben and Aaron and Mick is a constant supporter/provides encouragment, I think Mick must feel some sort of brotherly love, or perhaps he is bi, but doesn't want to be with Aaron because he can't be want Aaron wants...since Mick still wants to play it straight.

Ok, enough of this darn speculation.

Next chapter!!!! :angry:

You can always keep posting them after 6 days, Kevin! You seem to have dropped that good behaviour! :angry:

:lol: That's cause Kevin's a little busy bee. He's a busy dude on this site.

Sigh, so us readers must suffer....

In the meantime, find some buckets of tomatoes and start chucking them at him until he posts.

:lol: That's cause Kevin's a little busy bee. He's a busy dude on this site.

Sigh, so us readers must suffer....

In the meantime, find some buckets of tomatoes and start chucking them at him until he posts.

Are potatoes good as well? I think my father has some in his garden :devil:

I loved all the internal thoughts in this one. Aaron was on a roll that had me laughing out loud. And no, it's not a crime to like plain coffee. As I told Kevin the first time I read this, people that order those half decaf, skinny mocha frappuccino grande whatevers drive me nuts. :wacko:

I loved that 'Evasive Answers for 500, Alex' As well! Seriously, all off those thoughts had me cracking up :P That's what I like about this story!

I like plain coffee as well :blink: Meh, we don't even have a Starbucks around here... :(

I'm remembering a quote my sister once told me, when I was starting to go out and date people. "SOme guys you need to hit with a brick to get their attention. Some guys you need to hit with a big brick." I've been wondering when Aaron would start trying to add 2 and 2 to get 57 in regards to Mick.

As an aside, I somewhat love the silliness of google ads. The ones at the top of the page atm are advertising Starbuck's Doubleshot. My drink of choice is a gigantic red eye with four shots.

BTW: Who else feels the Starbucks franchise would be improved with the inclusion of Male strippers in all their stores?

Edited by B1ue
I'm remembering a quote my sister once told me, when I was starting to go out and date people. "SOme guys you need to hit with a brick to get their attention. Some guys you need to hit with a big brick." I've been wondering when Aaron would start trying to add 2 and 2 to get 57 in regards to Mick.

Haha, so true! And some guys, you need to hit over the head with a tire iron.

Are potatoes good as well? I think my father has some in his garden :devil:

I loved that 'Evasive Answers for 500, Alex' As well! Seriously, all off those thoughts had me cracking up :P That's what I like about this story!

I like plain coffee as well :blink: Meh, we don't even have a Starbucks around here... :(

Potatoes might work, but they're harder and might knock Kevin out. Then how would we get those new chapters?

And no Starbucks? WHAT?!? *spews profanities in her disbelief*

BTW: Who else feels the Starbucks franchise would be improved with the inclusion of Male strippers in all their stores?

*waves hand in the air* I do, I do!

It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "MMMM, coffee."

Haha, so true! And some guys, you need to hit over the head with a tire iron.

:lol: Ouchies.

Guess this "'evasive answers for 500, Alex" line doesn't mean much to a non-American, and I was wondering at the time of reading but since the line had been brought up here, I feel it's now okay to ask, who's Alex?

Guess this "'evasive answers for 500, Alex" line doesn't mean much to a non-American, and I was wondering at the time of reading but since the line had been brought up here, I feel it's now okay to ask, who's Alex?

Here you go!.

huh, good point, Dravenn! I guess that's a risk the author takes when using parodying popular culture --is that the term?

ack! so, now I'm thinking of a whole bunch of other common lines from other game shows! :P like "survey says" from Family Feud and "is that your final answer" from Who Wants to be a Millionnarie and "come on down!" from The Price is Right or "I'd like to buy a vowel" from Wheel of Fortune. ack! no more! :lol:

Edited by steph291

Family Feud- it's Family Fortunes over here. My favourite catchphrase was always "I'll have a P please Bob" from an old gameshow called Blockbusters. Cracked me up every time.

The things about popular culture is it's very much 'of it's time'. Once this Alex bloke has retired and the show is no longer around, the references become redundant, but I suppose that's the risk with contemporary stories, especially when the tone is as conversational as this one.

Yeah, but that's okay. I mean, plenty of classics have references that were reflective of the contemporary culture of the era in which they were written. Even if people reading them later don't necessarily understand them, they can learn them by reading the story, and get a window into what it must have been like to live in a given place or time.

This is the sweetest chapter, but knowing you, it will just get better and better. I can honestly say that I've loved every one of your chapters. It was a slow build up focusing on the friendships and I love those friend aspects!

But Ben trying to find out what the deal was with Aaron and Mick was adorable and the rambling way Aaron explained everything was even cuter! Btw, Aaron being a rambler totally makes sense. It fits his whole awkward caveman talk. But Ben agreeing to be Aaron's bf at the end took the cake. It was the perfect end, although technically Aaron didn't ask, unless I happened to read over it. (I can be a messy reader: I bounce around the chapter, I sometimes stumble over sentences...)

Thanks! LOL, I think Ben just realized he was going to have to help Aaron out. :lol:

The thing about your writing Kevin is that although nothing much really happens in the chapter, there's such great story telling that it leaves me interested and hanging onto every word. There are few authors that I read every little word because I have attention issues, but you're one of them that I'm willing to spend a long digesting every little bit.

Great work as always and no worries about the efiction thing. Whatever you can manage. Your fans don't mind! :D

Awww :wub:

Wow thanks, Tiff! I really appreciate those comments! :D

This is an awesome chapter! I absolutely love the way you write with such uncanny accuracy about the awkward moments of a quasi-first date. I hate those stories where all the characters seem to speak with Shakespearian eloquence at every moment, always supplied with the right snappy comebacks and the gift of glib conversation at every moment. No, in my experience, it's your picture of not quite knowing what to say next, of the uncomfortable silences, of the "fumbles" and "interceptions" that is the truer picture. You have a real gift at getting that across, so my compliments to you!

Thanks Hotchik! :D

BTW, I totally agree with you about perfect, overly poetic and polished conversations of this nature.

Aaron seems like a real sweetie. A bit shy, a bit better at seeing stuff going on in other people's lives than in his own, but a sweetheart nonetheless. And Ben, for all of his BMAD behaviour, actually seems pretty down-to-earth, though maybe a little quick to forgive and forget, if you know what I mean. After all, Aaron kinda called him a whore in the last chapter, and Ben hasn't even confronted him about it - though he wasn't shy about yelling at him about the whole Mick situation. Makes me wonder if Ben thought Aaron hit a little too close to the mark, maybe?

Well, I certainly don't want to give away any spoilers or anything, but that's how I would interpret things at this point as well.

I have to wonder how much of Aaron is you. I don't know you very well, Kevin, but I get the sense that we might have quite a bit in common, since Aaron is starting to remind me of a gay, male version of myself in some ways. The whole insecurity thing, well, yeah, I can definitely relate.

Well thanks, I take that as quite a compliment!

As I've said, I think all my characters have a lot of 'me' in them. Aaron and Ben both certainly do; however I consider them both quite different from me in some major ways.

One of the ways that Aaron definitely is similar to me is that I often think one thing and say something else. Like Aaron I'll occasionally say something sarcastic in conversation, but more often I'll merely think it and hold my tongue.

And I like how you've not-so-subtly introduced a seemingly upcoming Mick plot twist. Oh yes, there's definitely a story there.

This story just keeps getting better. Keep 'em coming!

Off-Topic: Yay first male to answer! :P

Such a sweet chapter, Kev Kev! I almost jumped up from my chair and ran silly through my room!! :P

Goh, geez, I don't really know what to add to what the misses above me already said...

I sure liked the start of this chapter, where Aar calls him, and doesn't get a reply :P Soo neat to have his nerves back in a matter of minutes :P

So, you better keep on posting chapters!! :wub:

Niels

Thanks, Niels! :D

And congrats on being the first male! :D

Just wanted to say I am continuing to read (and love) this story, and I always look forward to when a new chapter is released. Aaron is a great character with all his uncertainties and awkwardness, and I'm glad he's finally managed to get things going with Ben. The best chapter so far, I think, and I'm also curious as to what going on with Mick, I have my suspicions but I'll have to wait to see if I'm proved right :D

Thank you very m uch Dravenn! I appreciate the comments.

I wonder what your suspicions are about Mick. I look forward to you telling us what you were thinking and whether or not you were right!

I think Kevin is misleading us with the whole Mick situation. Misdirection...make the readers wonder...toss and turn in their sleep over the "what ifs."

Evil Kevin :lol:

Since things are heading in the right direction for Ben and Aaron and Mick is a constant supporter/provides encouragment, I think Mick must feel some sort of brotherly love, or perhaps he is bi, but doesn't want to be with Aaron because he can't be want Aaron wants...since Mick still wants to play it straight.

Ok, enough of this darn speculation.

Next chapter!!!! :angry:

Hehehehe :devil:

The whole Mick thing was where I expected a lot of the speculation and debate to come into play!

You can always keep posting them after 6 days, Kevin! You seem to have dropped that good behaviour! :angry:

Awww, sorry Niels, as said unfortunately I have been pretty busy :(

I'll try to get back on track though :D