[AFriendlyFace] Buy Me A Drink

BMAD  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Does Mick have romantic feelings for Aaron?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Who will Aaron end up romantically involved with at the end of the story?

• Ben
    • Mick
    • Neither
    • Both

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice chapter, Kevkev! :D

I love your description of the hug :P

I do think you could've held the why-she-questioned-his-sexuality-convo a bit longer, I sort of had expected more of that...

And off-topic: Hahahaha you should've seen my reaction when I noticed the change in your signature!! I do wonder if it won't cause any lasting mental effects! :P

How interesting. So Aaron is a bit more into Ben that he'll even admit to himself. That's the only explanation I can see for letting Ronnie and Amanda do him like that. Certainly I would have been extremely uncomfortable in that situation.

I'm glad this weeks update went up a little early. Thanks Kevin.

-Gabe

Nice chapter, Kevkev! :D

Thanks! :D

I do think you could've held the why-she-questioned-his-sexuality-convo a bit longer, I sort of had expected more of that...

Yeah, now that I think about it I guess perhaps I should have. In all honesty it was probably lazy writing and a foolish oversight with regards to the potential it held as a brief sub-plot. Thanks :)

And off-topic: Hahahaha you should've seen my reaction when I noticed the change in your signature!! I do wonder if it won't cause any lasting mental effects! :P

:lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Zilar! Thanks :D

-Kevin

How interesting. So Aaron is a bit more into Ben that he'll even admit to himself. That's the only explanation I can see for letting Ronnie and Amanda do him like that. Certainly I would have been extremely uncomfortable in that situation.

A very good observation!

Hehehe, you should see what Ronnie has in store for him in the sequel! :devil:

Thanks, Gabe! :D

I'm glad this weeks update went up a little early. Thanks Kevin.

-Gabe

hehe, well don't tell anyone, but I'm actually trying to release the chapters about 6 days apart while promising 7 in case anything goes wrong ;)

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Yeah, now that I think about it I guess perhaps I should have. In all honesty it was probably lazy writing and a foolish oversight with regards to the potential it held as a brief sub-plot. Thanks :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Zilar! Thanks :D

No probs! :worship:

ehehe, you should see what Ronnie has in store for him in the sequel! :devil:

:ph34r: Getting curious!!

Oh noes, I probably have to wait 6 days now!! :,(

:ph34r: Getting curious!!

Oh noes, I probably have to wait 6 days now!! :,(

Not to disappoint you but for the sequel it'll be considerably longer than 6 days. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I recently finished up a Ronnie/Aaron scene that I rather liked, so it was on my mind.

Edited by AFriendlyFace
Not to disappoint you but for the sequel it'll be considerably longer than 6 days. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I recently finished up a Ronnie/Aaron scene that I rather liked, so it was on my mind.

Noooooo... :P

Ah well, I'll have to learn to survive anyway *snif snif*

But do continue writing/posting!

I agree with the hug. It was a very humorous description which made it more enjoyable than a typical description. Boob hugs. That's great. Ahh the witty mind of Kevin.

Anyway, the whole questioning Jake's sexuality convo, I think it was perfect. You handled it really well. From Jake's perspective, it was a serious issue, but for Amanda it was all a joke. In chapter 2, I don't think a girlfriend would be fooled that easily into thinking her boyfriend was gay just for hugging Mick. So the fact that Amanda came clean right away or whatever was cool. Then they got into the more important topic--like Ben and his crew and we see Aaron's true feelings. He is actually angry that Ben is not interested in him, which I didn't expect. Embarassed maybe, but not angry. I guess after watching him so many times in the club, a subconscious crush developed?

The makeover thing was great, debating whether highlights were out of style or not. I liked it even better that Aaron and Ronnie struck up a friendship.

I think this story just gets better and better with every chapter. This was by far the funniest, IMO. I mean, A-gays? What would Aaron be classified as, a B or C- gay? :P And Cavemanese! Just brilliant! Aaron is just too cute and too awkward at times. He sounds like he'd be an awesome person to spend the day with. I'd like to observe his Cavemanese in real life. Give me some good laughs. The inner dialogue as Ronnie, Amanda, and Aaron are talking is the best--he's shocked when Ronnie calls him girl, or he contemplates talking about fashion/shoes to cheer Ronnie up.

You know, you're always ridiculously articulate and intelligent sounding in the forums, but I very much enjoy you're humorous and lighthearted fictional writing skills! A funny, cheerful piece is important every now and then.

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the new chapter Kevin :great: .

I was laughing with the whole 'boob hugs' description. Funny that I never really thought about it before, but they do get in the way of a great hug IMO, lol. Nothing wrong with them, but they are still different. Okay, I'll shut up on that before I get myself in trouble 0:) .

One thing I found interesting was the way that Ronnie described Daisy. It sounds like both of them kind of have similar personalities and mannerisms. Could it be Ronnie was actually jealous of Daisy, and the in he had with the crew? Also, Aaron seems to dislike Daisy too because of his 'bitchy' attitude, and was sort of taken aback by Ronnie at first.

I guess it just shows it is easy to judge someone without really knowing them. Then you actually might surprise yourself when you do actually get to know them. Does this mean that there is a side to Daisy that we haven't seen yet?

Can't wait till next monday :P .

Steve B)

Ah well, I'll have to learn to survive anyway *snif snif*

But do continue writing/posting!

Awww, don't worry we'll get there! :D LOL, I definitely can't wait to find out what you guys think about the stuff I'm writing now!

I agree with the hug. It was a very humorous description which made it more enjoyable than a typical description. Boob hugs. That's great. Ahh the witty mind of Kevin.

Anyway, the whole questioning Jake's sexuality convo, I think it was perfect. You handled it really well. From Jake's perspective, it was a serious issue, but for Amanda it was all a joke. In chapter 2, I don't think a girlfriend would be fooled that easily into thinking her boyfriend was gay just for hugging Mick. So the fact that Amanda came clean right away or whatever was cool. Then they got into the more important topic--like Ben and his crew and we see Aaron's true feelings. He is actually angry that Ben is not interested in him, which I didn't expect. Embarassed maybe, but not angry. I guess after watching him so many times in the club, a subconscious crush developed?

Thank you, Tiff! I was sort of thinking that for it to be a major sub-plot it would have had to have been developed better too. Honestly, while I wanted those scenes to be fun and interesting to read, the main point was just to have a reason for Aaron to go shopping and stuff with Amanda and Ronnie.

Incidentally, all the places mentioned in the story - like in this chapter Niko Niko's, and M2M - are real places in Houston. Bender's and Frank's are the only two fictitious places, and they're actually both a combination of two other real places (Bender's is a combo of two bars/clubs I go to, and Frank's in a combo of two restaurants/diners).

The makeover thing was great, debating whether highlights were out of style or not. I liked it even better that Aaron and Ronnie struck up a friendship.

So did you like Ronnie? As I said, I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that Ronnie remains in the story and this definitely wasn't a one time appearance.

I think this story just gets better and better with every chapter. This was by far the funniest, IMO. I mean, A-gays? What would Aaron be classified as, a B or C- gay? :P And Cavemanese! Just brilliant! Aaron is just too cute and too awkward at times. He sounds like he'd be an awesome person to spend the day with. I'd like to observe his Cavemanese in real life. Give me some good laughs. The inner dialogue as Ronnie, Amanda, and Aaron are talking is the best--he's shocked when Ronnie calls him girl, or he contemplates talking about fashion/shoes to cheer Ronnie up.

:D

You know, you're always ridiculously articulate and intelligent sounding in the forums, but I very much enjoy you're humorous and lighthearted fictional writing skills! A funny, cheerful piece is important every now and then.

I was laughing with the whole 'boob hugs' description. Funny that I never really thought about it before, but they do get in the way of a great hug IMO, lol. Nothing wrong with them, but they are still different. Okay, I'll shut up on that before I get myself in trouble 0:) .

hehe, yay!

One thing I found interesting was the way that Ronnie described Daisy. It sounds like both of them kind of have similar personalities and mannerisms. Could it be Ronnie was actually jealous of Daisy, and the in he had with the crew? Also, Aaron seems to dislike Daisy too because of his 'bitchy' attitude, and was sort of taken aback by Ronnie at first.

Awesome observation Steve!

I guess it just shows it is easy to judge someone without really knowing them. Then you actually might surprise yourself when you do actually get to know them. Does this mean that there is a side to Daisy that we haven't seen yet?

LOL, well let's just say that Daisy has lots more surprises in store for us ;)

Can't wait till next monday :P .

Me either! I'm eager to see what you guys think of the next chapter! Although it looks like this chapter certainly wasn't as popular with readers overall :(

Anyway take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

Awww, don't worry we'll get there! :D LOL, I definitely can't wait to find out what you guys think about the stuff I'm writing now!

Lol :P

So did you like Ronnie? As I said, I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that Ronnie remains in the story and this definitely wasn't a one time appearance.

I kinda figured that already :P Since you said you had recently a Ronnie/Aaron scene worked out :P

LOL, well let's just say that Daisy has lots more surprises in store for us ;)

W00t w00t getting curious again! :P

Me either! I'm eager to see what you guys think of the next chapter! Although it looks like this chapter certainly wasn't as popular with readers overall :(

:hug:

Maybe some haven't gotten to reading yet?

Don't worry about it, it's a great chapter!

And I'll certainly watch out for the change in your sig!! :D

Cheers

Niels

EDIT: Woohoo, 69th post! :P

And all dedicated to you, Kev kev :wub::P

Edited by Zilar

You can't judge a story by one chapter. Eventually we'll get to see how well this chapter fits in with the whole story. I'm sure then the folks who thought this wasn't the best chapter will realize it was important to the overall story. :)

• Site Administrator

Hey Kev,

I hope your not judging your story by the number of posts per chapter :o ! I'd hate to think you would think that is a reflection on the chapter itself.

If you want a glimpse of how popular your story is, check out how many guests are reading it at anyone time. I have been surprised at four or five guests reading it at any given time of day. I know myself, I was a guest for about a year before I signed up and then probably six months before posting, so be assured that the number of posts is no reflection on how popular or the quality of the chapter :D .

Also, I noticed the comments are a little more in depth and analytical now than maybe the first chapter. That tells me you have a close, dedicated,and intelliigent following? :lol:

Keep smiling yourself :P

Steve

P.S. Yes, I intended to misspell intelligent, lol

For me, I feel like not much happened in this chapter, so I'm waiting patiently for the next one. :ph34r: I was disappointed that nothing happened at the end. This was definitely a fun chapter, but ch 1 was still my fav :wub: and it's hard to top!

Not all chapters are going to be popular with everyone. Every reader has their favorites or perhaps some readers just don't like to review or don't get a chance to right away. Either way, you're a great writer and keep up the good work. Your loyal fans will always follow and support you. :D

As for this chapter not having much action, it's true, nothing developed between Aaron and the potential lover of Ben (?), but this was still a great chapter. Some chapters need to develop the characters more, dig deeper into the timeline, or set up the plot in the future. If every chapter was action packed, it wouldn't feel fleshed out. You're doing an amazing job. Come on, the humor and dialogue more than makes up for lack of action.

I kinda figured that already :P Since you said you had recently a Ronnie/Aaron scene worked out :P

:lmao:

Nothing gets by you!

:lol:

I'd completely forgotten that I'd just mentioned that :*)

EDIT: Woohoo, 69th post!

And all dedicated to you, Kev kev :wub:

Woo hoo! I'm both honoured and uhh, excited to be your 69th :boy:

You can't judge a story by one chapter. Eventually we'll get to see how well this chapter fits in with the whole story. I'm sure then the folks who thought this wasn't the best chapter will realize it was important to the overall story.

That a good point I suppose, thanks Gary.

It sucks to come in late. All the clever things were said. Nice tone, and actually the club/ night scene is not an usual topic. It sounds both genuine and not clich

Just got caught up! Kevin, superb job!!!!

I really like the style of it, and the character development. I loved the situations, and why Arron is at the club.

I do want to ask a question though. First off, let me say that I'm NOT questioning the story (it's fiction, so if you stretched things a little, great!) but how realistic is the "club culture" portrayed? Never having seen it in person, I have no idea.

BTW, the shopping trip was hilarious! Most especially the way Arron refused the makeover, which of course they gave him anyway. :)

I really like the style of it, and the character development. I loved the situations, and why Arron is at the club.

I do want to ask a question though. First off, let me say that I'm NOT questioning the story (it's fiction, so if you stretched things a little, great!) but how realistic is the "club culture" portrayed? Never having seen it in person, I have no idea.

BTW, the shopping trip was hilarious! Most especially the way Arron refused the makeover, which of course they gave him anyway. :)

You know I never really did think about that, but CJ does bring up a really good question... *Yells at Kevin on msn about it*

KEVIN!!!

I NEEEDDDDD MOOOREEEEEE

Are you done with Chapter 4 yet? UGH GET ON IT MAN!

and while I'm at it I'm going to yell at you on msn too! lol

HAHA! Thanks Mike! :D

Actually I have finished chapter 4, but I don't want to release everything too soon or I'll run out of chapters and people will get tired waiting, lol! Plus, I want to see what people have to say about the story as it develops :D

Thanks CJ! :D

Well, all in all it's pretty accurate. In fact to be honest quite a bit of it is based on my own experiences, the experiences of people I know, the things I've heard about it, or simply the things I can readily imagine happening.

Of course there's creative license, but I am trying my best to conceptualize realistic gay characters based on people and personalities that I know, and put them into an environment that is for the most part accurate, and then sort of 'tell the story' of what might happen with these types in these environments.

I'll also say that really 'club culture' depends very much on your own experience of it. Just like gay culture in general or any other gathering of people. You can have a very tame, conservative experience of gay culture OR you can have a very wild experience. It largely depends on where you go, who you're with, and what you do.

Here's a good example, a friend of mine is very religious, very conservative about sexual matters and wouldn't dream of messing around outside of the confines of a serious relationship, only drinks in moderation, never touches drugs, doesn't smoke, doesn't dress in such a way that 'puts him on display', and doesn't dance in a hyper-sexual dirty manner.

On the other hand I know people who go to clubs for whom all those above statements would be the exact opposite. There's also pretty much all kinds of other people there that fall anywhere in between that very VERY wide range (myself included 0:) ), and there's probably even people there who are more 'modest' in their behaviour as well as people who are 'wilder'. So you get a huge range and you get all types of people all under the same roof. There's really nothing to be 'worried' or 'scared' of as long as you 'know who you are', and what you do and don't want to do. The key is to be secure in your identity and not fall into things that aren't right for you.

LOL, anyway that's a long answer to a short question, but yeah I think the story is a pretty accurate representation of one aspect of club culture.

You know, I tried to make that scene as unique and original as possible, and I definitely don't think they're similar at all, but I actually had in mind Brandon (from LTMP)'s thoughts and experiences on his own early shopping trips.

So what did you guys think of Aaron's reactions? Did they feel real and natural? As I said, I actually re-wrote Aaron a little bit and adjusted my focus for him as a character. In the original draft he was the sort of person who would have enjoyed going, and I actually had the chapter two scene with Jake insisting that he go playing out something like this:

Thankst Steph! Hmm, perhaps I ought to take a page from another author's book and use a few evil cliffhangers to rope my readers in! :devil:

I can see it now...

Aaron returns home from the makeover, and Mick exclaims, "What the hell happened to you?"

End of chapter.

Thus, the fashion cliffy was born... ^_^

• Site Administrator
On the other hand I know people who go to clubs for whom all those above statements would be the exact opposite. There's also pretty much all kinds of other people there that fall anywhere in between that very VERY wide range (myself included 0:) ), and there's probably even people there who are more 'modest' in their behaviour as well as people who are 'wilder'. So you get a huge range and you get all types of people all under the same roof. There's really nothing to be 'worried' or 'scared' of as long as you 'know who you are', and what you do and don't want to do. The key is to be secure in your identity and not fall into things that aren't right for you.

-Kevin

Interesting that you said this. To me, at this time, it appears that Aaron might not be so secure in his identity right now. So far he has left the bar with Ben, but did back out at the last second. He went for a complete makeover which he wasn't too thrilled about. So maybe Aaron is originally more on the shy, conservative side and through out the story he might develop into a Brian Kinney from QAF :P . Let's hope not, but it will be interesting to watch Aaron grow into being more comfortable with who he really is.

I can see it now...

Aaron returns home from the makeover, and Mick exclaims, "What the hell happened to you?"

End of chapter.

Thus, the fashion cliffy was born... ^_^

NOooooo!!! Please don't promote any more cliffhangering at GA :lol:

NOooooo!!! Please don't promote any more cliffhangering at GA :lol:

I've made an attempt or two at evil cliffhangers, but I'm sure C James (despite his modesty and supposed agoraphobia), dkstories, and Shadowgod create masterful cliffhangers. I'm sure they can give you some advice. :)