Dear Dan,

I have been readign your wonderful story the Sword of Griffindor and love it and the sequel. How ever there are some missing links from the main chapter page. The last chapter of TSG is missing and so is Chapter 3 and 11 of Prophecy. I'm not sure if any of the other chpters of Prophecy are missing i haven't finished it yet. Can you either fix the links or email me the missing chapters i really loved the stories and hate skipping chapters. I will be reading some of the other stories on your site soon i'm sure they will be just as good if not better.

Regards,

Konrai

Hi Konrai! Welcome to GA! ^_^

I'm interested to see where you found these stories, because they are no longer available on Dan's site. :blink:

Please look for the PM that I sent you.

Thanks,

Steph ^_^

Edited by steph291
Hi Konrai! Welcome to GA! ^_^

I'm interested to see where you found these stories, because they are no longer available on Dan's site. :blink:

Please look for the PM that I sent you.

Thanks,

Steph ^_^

Hi Konrai!

I'm too interested. Expecting your answer on the forum.

BTW Welcome to GA!

Old Bob

I'm too interested. Expecting your answer on the forum.

Dan took the stories down for a reason, so I can only assume that he doesn't want the links posted publically... :unsure:

As I recall ( from a post somewhere around here ), he took down the stories that were based off of other writer's work - like the Harry Potter series. Those that are left are either DK original stories or stories based off writer's work that allow for other writers to use thier work.

Dan, I believe, was looking for publication (and I think he did get published) and having a fan-fic under your belt is not a good way to start off with the publishers, especially if that fan-fic is available on the internet. That is the reason Dan gave us for removing the files. I believe there is a topic also in his forum. (I think I started it... :*) )

He also requested all other sites to remove those two stories from their servers. I believe there was one Yahoo! Group that had put the two stories on their file list. They were kind enough to remove them on Dan's request. I am a member of that group and I informed Dan that the stories were still being passed on via private e-mail.

That has also stopped now, according to me. So, as far as I know, both Sword of Gryffindor and Destiny of Prophecies are nowhere to be found on the www. If there is some site that claims to have these stories and is publically putting the links, I believe it is a copyright issue and Dan should get in touch with the site.

Other than that, all I have to say is that both were awesome stories and worth the read.

:)

BeaStKid :devil:

So, as far as I know, both Sword of Gryffindor and Destiny of Prophecies are nowhere to be found on the www. If there is some site that claims to have these stories and is publically putting the links, I believe it is a copyright issue and Dan should get in touch with the site.

Thanks for the info, BeaStie! Konrai found the stories archived on The Wayback Machine, and it looks like Dan would have to jump through some hoops to get them removed.