[dkstories] Rich Boy:Growing Pains

Spoiler alert! If you haven't read Chapter 23, don't read my comments.

********************************************************************************

Well...Gerald Norman is a jerk. Perhaps that is too harsh; he's just being a typical bureaucrat and a growing problem for Worthington. Michael Lowenthal seems like a true friend and Worthington appears to have accepted that they will not be sleeping together.

Kyle has become even more interesting. He is being friendlier to Worthington and has a quick wit. I appreciate any Texan who says "y'all" (true to the Texas vernacular's roots in Tennessee) rather than"ya'll". (I may be confusing this with a discussion in C James' forum.) Now that Kyle has made the suggestion, I wonder where Worthington is taking him for their Thanksgiving getaway. Also, wondering what may transpire there; just because Kyle seems less homophobic doesn't mean he is easy.

Dan, I had forgotten your predilection for boys in tight baseball uniforms. Just kidding...that was a great scene and a great chapter.

That was definitely an interesting chapter. I agree as it pertains to Gerald Norman. He seems to hate Worthington for some reason. I have no idea why though.

Kyle is certainly an interesting character. I am wondering why he wants to get away from there and spend time alone with Worthington. It makes me think that he might be liking Worthington more than he is letting on.

• Site Administrator

Dan,

The dinner conversation had me laughing out loud. Mixing the spitting of the wine followed immediately with the exchange between Elizabeth and Stacey, giving Kyle the opportunity to repeat the same feat was priceless. What a great scene :D .

I may be a bit more skeptical about Kyle's intentions of getting away with Worthington. I can understand his mood swings as he continues to heal from the loss of his family at his own hands, but from the text, the request seemed a bit too unusual. Then to follow up with the banter between Elizabeth and Stacey at dinner, it seemed maybe a bit planned.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong on this, but we will have to wait and see.

I think Gerald Norman will be a pain in the arse for the first while, but when he fully realizes what Worthington has to offer, and what he can do, I'm sure his attitude will greatly change. Look at the others that Worthington has got to come over to his way of thinking, the Phoenix area mages, the dwarves and elves, the Adepts, even the federal government. Hopefully Gerald will fall in step before too long.

Thanks for the chapter Dan

Steve B)

Mike, Tim, and Steve already said most of what I wanted to say about this chapter. One thing though, Dan, it's not a federal law that everyone must graduate from high school; just that they attend until they're 16. Of course, this is the Daniverse, so maybe things work differently. ^_^

BTW, Dan, how many chapters for this story? I'm wondering where we are in relation to the end. I still think that Kyle will have to face demons in this book, even though Worthington said he wouldn't, and I'm thinking that a trip away would be a perfect time for some badness to happen!

Edited by steph291