What would you call your gay anthem

Excuse

I assume you all know what i mean, the song that is or was over played in all the agy clubs, the one that gets your blood pumping faster, your adrenaline goin, and makes you just lose it on the dance floor :P

for me it's gotta be

Playing with knives - Hardcore nation 2 remix.

or if were talking old school

well not so much old skool, but old skool remix...

Supermode - tell me why

remixed from Bronski beat's two songs. why? and small town boy

tunes :)

yea I'm abit of a hardhouse/dance nut

Okay gay anthem totally means something different for me. Basically I think of the gayest imaginable song when I think "gay anthem". So technically I'm off-topic....

but for me that insanely queer, but also insanely and hilariously fun song is....

Fashionista, by Jimmy James

PLACES! Beautiful! No one ugly allowed! Hahahahaha! :D

Okay gay anthem totally means something different for me. Basically I think of the gayest imaginable song when I think "gay anthem". So technically I'm off-topic....

but for me that insanely queer, but also insanely and hilariously fun song is....

Fashionista, by Jimmy James

PLACES! Beautiful! No one ugly allowed! Hahahahaha! :D

LMAO oh thats genius - you were right with it being camp as hell!

is is bad I'm going to go download that song now?

I guess I meant the songs that are heavily played in the Gay clubs and on the scene.

I'm totally in love with eric prydz - Pjanoo

tune :D

Cool vid, Jamie!

Well, here's a few gay songs for ya:

Michael

The Rejection

(ironically I have danced to this at a gay club before and with a guy I was only interested in dancing with 0:) )

I LOVE THAT SONG BY DANGEROUS MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GOD they're so hot, and that just... oh wow, if I ever did... .wait... I'm in public, so I'll hush now. Let's just say that song really, really makes me just... whew.

Cool vid, Jamie!

Well, here's a few gay songs for ya:

Michael

The Rejection

(ironically I have danced to this at a gay club before and with a guy I was only interested in dancing with 0:) )

argh!

franz ferdinand haunts me!

my names Michael, so you can imagine I'm always thrust into the centre of the dance floor with my friends when the songs played... it's embarressing :(

as for the "the Rejection" well... apparently it isnt available in the uk... :S

argh!

franz ferdinand haunts me!

my names Michael, so you can imagine I'm always thrust into the centre of the dance floor with my friends when the songs played... it's embarressing :(

LOL!

That sounds really fun!

as for the "the Rejection" well... apparently it isnt available in the uk... :S

Check out this vid Drewbie just sent me:

Thanks Drew! :)

LOL!

That sounds really fun!

Check out this vid Drewbie just sent me:

Thanks Drew! :)

Cool song... the lead singer looks a little like Morrisey - albeit a younger more attractive mozza :P

Songs that make me dance?

I got nothing... never been to anything with a dance floor, besides prom (and didn't dance there), plus I've never danced, so... yeah.

Maybe it's a generational thing, or perhaps because of my love of broadway shows, but when I saw this thread title, the only song that I think of is "I am what I am" from La Cage. A well performed version always starts off very slow and ends on such a note of rejection of concormity, and huge pride in oneself, NO MATTER WHAT. The whole show is very good, but this song, especially, totally resonates as a fantastic gay anthem.

from La Cage Aux Folles

I Am What I Am

I am what I am, I am my own special creation

So come take a look, give me the hook or the ovation

It's my world that I want to have a little pride in

My world and it's not a place I have to hide in

Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say, hey world

I am what I am

I am what I am, I don't want praise I don't want pity

I bang my own drum, some think it's noise I think it's pretty

And so what if I love each feather and each spangle

Why not try to see things from a different angle

Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud

I am what I am

I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses

I deal my own deck sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces

There's one life and there's no return and no deposit

One life so it's time to open up your closet

Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say, hey world

I am what I am

I got nothing... never been to anything with a dance floor, besides prom (and didn't dance there), plus I've never danced, so... yeah.

:o seriously? not even infront of your mirror? I recks you should put one of your favourite songs on and just dance around your room :) it's always good.

Maybe it's a generational thing, or perhaps because of my love of broadway shows, but when I saw this thread title, the only song that I think of is "I am what I am" from La Cage. A well performed version always starts off very slow and ends on such a note of rejection of concormity, and huge pride in oneself, NO MATTER WHAT. The whole show is very good, but this song, especially, totally resonates as a fantastic gay anthem.

love that song :)

and it's very fitting, I guess I meant an anthem from a gay club with my choice.

The Pussycat Dolls totally win me over in the gay club scene. Anything from Buttons, to When I Grow Up, to Dontcha... (or even Nicole by herself with Whatever You Like) make me go crazy. :)

Edited by rich_e

The Pussycat Dolls totally win me over in the gay club scene. Anything from Buttons, to When I Grow Up, to Dontcha... (or even Nicole by herself with Whatever You Like) make me go crazy. :)

OOH i do love the pussycat dolls, especially When I Grow Up, its always fun to shake your ass too... :P

Buttons just reminds me of a time I fell down a set of stairs in a night club... the walls are like completely mirrored... and i was highly inebriated... was confused when i saw someone that looked just like me after id walked into a wall... then found the stairs and just went *fall* then buttons came on lol.... ofc I bounced back up to dance.

The Dangerous Muse video for those discriminated against by Youtube because of their location:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHWUCkUbJU...feature=related

I like I Am What I Am, but I didn't know it was part of "La Cage", which I loathe.

Cheers dude, it's a tune!

Hmm id have to say "Hips don't lie" because i like my hips lol and "i'm on tonight my hips dont lie and im starting to feel you boy". Shania Twain "That Dont Impress Me Much" really gets me dancing or "If your not in it for love" lol

Hips Don't Lie RULEZ!

My Gay anthem... that's an easy one

Hung Up - Madonna

I love the song because it was the first song I had the guts to dance to at a gay club (first time I went to one was in 2005) and was the first song I kissed to in public (rest of the time was usually behind doors or in private).

I'll always love this one just for those reasons :)

Hung Up - Madonna

I love the song because it was the first song I had the guts to dance to at a gay club (first time I went to one was in 2005) and was the first song I kissed to in public (rest of the time was usually behind doors or in private).

I'll always love this one just for those reasons :)

thats well cool/sweet, songs that relate to memories are always awesome

Hung Up - Madonna

YES!

I always claim my really camp gay friend is actually the love child of madonna and her stereo from that video. She humps it like there's no tomorrow.

It's definately a favourite.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say

. There was an awesome scene on Queer as Folk where Justin and Brian were making out to the song. Ever since then, the song has become my gay theme. :P

OOH i do love the pussycat dolls, especially When I Grow Up, its always fun to shake your ass too... :P

Buttons just reminds me of a time I fell down a set of stairs in a night club... the walls are like completely mirrored... and i was highly inebriated... was confused when i saw someone that looked just like me after id walked into a wall... then found the stairs and just went *fall* then buttons came on lol.... ofc I bounced back up to dance.

LOL!! :D That's so funny. It's the sort of thing I would do. I bumped into a big display stand in the supermarket and turned round and apologised to it! My daughter walked away cos she was so embarrased.