Went to my first LGBTF Meeting last night!

rainyday

Hi everyone I'm posting this just to let everyone know yes I am still alive I've just been getting used to college for the past few weeks so haven't' been on gayauthors in a while (it doesn't help any that my computer is being worked on so I don't have it) I also want to encourage everyone who has a LGBTF group near them to join it, because there a lot of fun, at least the meeting I went to was. Sadly the one cute guy I met who was my age and everything is straight. (he's a friend of another memeber who is bi) Everyone else was really nice though and the whole time I was there i felt more carefree then I've felt in a long time. I meet a few really great people and I'm excited about attending more meetings.

Never been to one of those but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I just stuck my head in here to comment on this:

Of course, the cute ones are taken or straight...

I find that statement highly amusing, given that straight people say 'The cute ones are always taken or gay '.

Ahem.

Carry on.

Never been to one of those but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I just stuck my head in here to comment on this:

I find that statement highly amusing, given that straight people say 'The cute ones are always taken or gay '.

Ahem.

Carry on.

LOL that's the first thing that popped into my head too when I read that. My (straight) single girlfriends and I are always bemoaning the fact that all the hot guys are gay. Then again, that might just be the circles we hang out in...

Sounds cool. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Also, I didn't realise there was now an 'F' on the end as well. Are we saving up for a full alphabet?

Martin 0:)

good point,

what does the F actually stand for? :S

My guess was "and Friends"

ooh that makes sense... bit like a GSA then.

I'll have to look in at my Uni, see what they're calling themselves now... although i guess i should know...

I'm gay rights officer for my union lol - eep

Ahem.

Carry on.

LOL that's the first thing that popped into my head too when I read that. My (straight) single girlfriends and I are always bemoaning the fact that all the hot guys are gay. Then again, that might just be the circles we hang out in...

:lol: Well, in my case, the cute ones are taken AND gay!

I'm super jealous and the world is unfair...I want to be a gay boy...

Anyway, back to the LGBTF meeting...even if the guy was straight--total bummer, btw--it's good to have a meeting with people where you can feel comfortable, be yourself, and not worry about obnoxious assholes getting in your face. Hope you plan on going to more. Maybe the next few meetings, you'll run into a cute guy who IS gay.

• Site Administrator
Anyway, back to the LGBTF meeting...even if the guy was straight--total bummer, btw--it's good to have a meeting with people where you can feel comfortable, be yourself, and not worry about obnoxious assholes getting in your face. Hope you plan on going to more. Maybe the next few meetings, you'll run into a cute guy who IS gay.

I'll just add that many people in a long term relationship met through an introduction by a mutual friend. If he's at the meeting, he probably knows a few other gay guys, too. Some of whom may be single....