[dkstories] Dan's hiatus

Even if I may risk getting warned, or this topic deleted, I have to ask what's going on. I just read Dan's post about a hiatus, because of disagreements.

I love Dan's stories. For me this came completely out of the blue. Frankly I'm flabbergasted, feeling somewhat like a dog, beaten and kicked out of the house, without even knowing what went wrong, or what i did wrong. I'm pretty sure Dan has reasons for this and the "inner circle" of GA knows the background, but with disappearing like that not only the party responsible is punished. It's also a smack in the head, for faithful readers and fans.

I can understand personal reasons, I can also understand a time out, if feelings ran high. At the moment it lets me feel unappriciated and alienated.

Daniel

Edited by TheDaniel

Its not the first time that Dan has to let his temper go :lol: .

All the elder members are used to it. Remember, it happened allready twice :P .

Even I think Dan is one of our best authors, his not the only one :worship:

I'm sure we will have a lot to read from the others till next May. :read:

And my thanks to all authors who think more about their readers than about themselves :great:

Good luck Dan, enjoy your "writing" holidays. But I suppose you will have enough to do with your work for the sucessfull Dem partymembers you are working for. And in the meantime, we have your old stories to re-read, for our pleasure .

BTW, may be you will become wiser when you get older :wub: . I hope so !

Old bob

Dan has given a lot of his time already to his fans and faithful readers. I understand why you would feel alienated, but understand that Dan is (most likely) not doing this to punish his faithful readers, and therefore you should try your hardest to let go of those feelings. It is nothing personal, and I believe Dan is in his full right to stop whenever he wants to. I truly hope this isn't permanent, but Dan is ultimately the person who is making the decision: it is his work and time that go into writing the stories, after all.

A heads up: Anyone who makes a comment attacking Dan because of his decision is just not right. You are in your full right to inquire of course. I hope we don't get to the point where immature comments are made about his decision. Let the man be. It's his time, his life, his work, and he owes absolutely nothing to you. Being spiteful only makes things worse.

Maddy (:

Edit: I am in no way implying that people shouldn't be honest; after all, honesty is the best policy. What I mean is that one should always be sensitive in these situations. Constructive, not destructive.

Good luck Dan, enjoy your "writing" holidays. But I suppose you will have enough to do with your work for the sucessfull Dem partymembers you are working for. And in the meantime, we have your old stories to re-read, for our pleasure .

Not to mention plenty of time for some TLC for Trebs. Take care, Dan.

• Site Moderator
Author's often times need to take a break for one reason or another. Dan was kind enough to let us know how long the break would be.

As Maddy said, you should try to let go of the negative feelings.

Take Care

To elaborate. I understand that Dan doesn't have to give us anything. I really like his stories, but I can't demand him to write. It also would be wrong and unconstructive. That's not my problem. I may feel disappointed, but personal reasons are perfectly understandable. We all have a life to live too. He uses part of his time to give away great stories, even for free.

What I don't understand is the very short reason he gives. If he distances himself from all of his followers, all his fans, just because of a fight with few, it feels really unjust. Why punish everyone, maybe in the only way he can?

I will and have to respect his decision.

Regards,

Daniel

To elaborate. I understand that Dan doesn't have to give us anything. I really like his stories, but I can't demand him to write. It also would be wrong and unconstructive. That's not my problem. I may feel disappointed, but personal reasons are perfectly understandable. We all have a life to live too. He uses part of his time to give away great stories, even for free.

What I don't understand is the very short reason he gives. If he distances himself from all of his followers, all his fans, just because of a fight with few, it feels really unjust. Why punish everyone, maybe in the only way he can?

I will and have to respect his decision.

Regards,

Daniel

I have no idea what caused Dan to take a break, but Dan isn't one of those "I'm not winning the game so I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of guys. I'm personally glad that whatever irked him didn't take him away before the election because I enjoyed his political insights. I'm sure that tempers will calm, issues will resolve themselves, and he'll be back amongst his friends. Or not. Such is the pulse of internet life.