[David McLeod] The Paladin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the final chapter of this story...

...the battle scenes are a bit hurried...providing a full account of any warfare might read too much like a military manual...makes the time-lapses and gaps of time less awkward, and actually works for the flow of the story.

I had some concerns if these would end up a gaggle of stories that are kept open perpetually, meandering all over the place but never finding any endings...

Thank you for your insightful, candid, and kind thoughts. I especially appreciate the comments on treatment of battle scenes. I felt that there could have been more, especially highlighting Tyler, and hope to expand his role slightly if/when this is rewritten. Your observation ("gaggle...open perpetually") caught something else with which I'm wrestling...how to end a couple of other stories. It would be a disservice to readers and to the characters to keep going when there's really nothing more to say.

Thank you, again, for your thoughts.