Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 18

MikeL

Hrmmm, I've often wondered what kind of a frog Mike is, and now, I think we know... He's a Cliff Chirping Frog!

So, I think that when he says "cliff", it's more like a regular from saying "ribbit". Kind of a frog thing.

Get a life, goat. That chirping thing isn't any relative of mine. You've seen my picture...suave, debonair, sophisticated...a true prince among frogs! Don't get me wrong; I'm not conceited. I do take great pride in my appearance.

I think you are just prejudiced.

From The Big Lebowski:

But Bondwriter, I can't actually state my opinion on future events, or the Echidna will get me for giving spoilers! :blink:

Get a life, goat. That chirping thing isn't any relative of mine. You've seen my picture...suave, debonair, sophisticated...a true prince among frogs! Don't get me wrong; I'm not conceited. I do take great pride in my appearance.

I think you are just prejudiced.

Hrmmm... methinks that thee protesteth too much. 0:)

Chapter 19, Revelations will be posted on Chrismass Eve, Dec 24th, around noon. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! :)

Hmmmm revelations huh? me thinks that we're due for a cliffhanger... because if you think about it... revelations in the Bible tells of the end times and what is supposedly going to happen, but it leaves people wondering when it will occur, thus it leaves us with a cliffhanger. So I can only conclude, through my dedcutive reasoning and Duckie logic... that Ch. 19 will be a cliffhanger!

Hmmmm revelations huh? me thinks that we're due for a cliffhanger... because if you think about it... revelations in the Bible tells of the end times and what is supposedly going to happen, but it leaves people wondering when it will occur, thus it leaves us with a cliffhanger. So I can only conclude, through my dedcutive reasoning and Duckie logic... that Ch. 19 will be a cliffhanger!

I agree. Revelations doesn't mean everything will be revealed. There will probably be some things left unresolved at the chapter end; unresolved meaning cliffhanger in this case.

I agree. Revelations doesn't mean everything will be revealed. There will probably be some things left unresolved at the chapter end; unresolved meaning cliffhanger in this case.

B) ...........Agreed, there will be a hell of a cliffhanger in this chapter!!

It's so good to see people agreeing with me :D

Especially when the goat is usually crying foul with what I say :P

B) ...........Well that too, but given the goat's history (last year, same time) I'd say it is a given that we will get a major cliffy!!

Sorry to dissapoint, but there won't be a cliffhanger in chapter 19. Not even a perhaps-ever-so-slightly-tense chapter ending. :(

The plot just isn't in the right spot for one.

I do hope that the Echidna doesn't see this, as it could be construed as a minor spoiler, but here's a quote from Bondwriter, when he zeta-read the chapter...

CJ,

I'm quite disappointed that you don't treat your readership with a 'particularly tense ending' for this Xmas chapter.

So, sorry, no cliffie (I never use 'em anyway).

However, if anyone is craving a cliffhanger, I can suggest re-reading Shadowgod's "Living in Surreality" or Graeme's "Heart of the Tree". (both of which have some truly diabolical cliffhangers!)

• Site Administrator

Well, I know what I want for Christmas :P .

I kind of miss having a major cliffhanger in CJ's stories, so maybe if I wish really, really hard, Santa might give us one.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the dear ole goat is withholding a cliffhanger until the new year in the hopes that we forget about a certain cliffhanger involving a disabled bizjet, homing in missiles, a murdered security chief, and numerous other cliffhangers in the past year, so nobody will vote for him to retain his title.

Well, I guess we can always hope :( .

So then it was a Freudian slip of epic proportions! I mean at the beginning you implied that you use cliffies and, even though you said you didn't, there's still that whole part of you saying it's not gonna be a cliffie!

So HA! I win CJ...

Duckie 1 Goat 0! :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..