Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes, Chapter 18

MikeL

• Site Administrator
So... Who thinks the exotic dancers are family?

Well, obviously Eric knows that their not a romantic couple. I have a feeling that they are not related but with the 'growing up together' comment I think they are childhood friends.

I know that Eric knows by the way he booked two bedroom suite for them and now he upped the ante by asking them to kiss, which neither seem to keen on doing.

Maybe that is what Eric's instinct went off about, the fact that they are lying about being together. It seems that he hasn't had any problem with them since the first meeting and is actually seeming to have some fun in trying to get them to admit it.

So typical Eric, plan everything except the beach, the minister, and the license :lol: .

My question is, how did Eric arrange for the beach to be closed and the local police to help out?

BTW, thanks for the chapter CJ :worship:

Well, obviously Eric knows that their not a romantic couple. I have a feeling that they are not related but with the 'growing up together' comment I think they are childhood friends.

I know that Eric knows by the way he booked two bedroom suite for them and now he upped the ante by asking them to kiss, which neither seem to keen on doing.

Maybe that is what Eric's instinct went off about, the fact that they are lying about being together. It seems that he hasn't had any problem with them since the first meeting and is actually seeming to have some fun in trying to get them to admit it.

So typical Eric, plan everything except the beach, the minister, and the license :lol: .

My question is, how did Eric arrange for the beach to be closed and the local police to help out?

BTW, thanks for the chapter CJ :worship:

Perhaps the charade (being a couple) is just part of their professional image. It could even be something George Tankardsly came up with.

eww, now we got a wait til next week for the next chapter to come out, what a bummer.

I'm still thinking they're cousins or related somehow, the whole growing up comment thing and Keith trying to get Jansen to stop talking was way to obvious. (I just woke up, i'm pointing out the obvious, how funny)

Plus i just remembered the comment Keith made about the notebook being in his desk in his bedroom, not OUR bedroom like most couples would say, plus the apartment was a 2 bedroom one. so i think it's safe to assume that they are definitely not a couple.

That being said, I'm pretty sure at least one of them is gay, the question though is which one...wonder if we can start a poll on this.

Other then that it was once again another very well written chapter. Thanks CJ

Jon

(also going to go back and reread all the chapters to see if he can find more answers, soon as homework is done)

still scowling at the cliffhangers and lack of answers

Edited by Shadowm572
It seems Keith and Jansen have a secret. So do Scar and Yuri. Eric has omitted a few things from his planning. And does Eric have a secret?

B) .............Perfect title of the chapter 'Errors of Ommision', starting with the 'boy's' parents, seems JT was amiss in showing Jane the invitation. Seems she will return the favor but not telling him where she is going! Our Exotic dancers are omitting the fact they aren't a couple, but Eric has already booked them a two bedroom suite, is Eric's 'instinct' on top of that one already? Why else would he suggest the kiss? Helen, perhaps being awakened at 4am naturally wants to omit to Eric his mother's surprise attendance. Finally Scar and Yuri are also hiding their agenda plans from the General but want to use him, hummm! for what means?

Could it be the Scar plans to unload some of the Iranian's stockpile of biological weapons?? Our Dr. Scarlove is always thinking ahead.

I declare this chapter to be absolutely full of cliffs ( I can't recall how many times the word was spoken here) :lol: But the chapter is devoid of any cliffhangers!!

Me thinks that the strippers.... err... exotic dancers (my bad) are hiding something and Eric knows all about it

Watching him go, relaxing in the rays of the setting sun, Jansen lowered his voice to a whisper to tell Keith,

Great chapter. Love the new nick name for Cliff J. :P

I am definately intrigued by the secret the dancers have.

I feel as if I miss a lot that you guys catch. :wacko:

Can't say its cliff hanger free though. Didn't you read where eric and the guys were standing at the fence hanging on to it tightly at the cliff.

:ph34r:

Yes, the number 13 appeals to such an evil creature...

Oh, BTW, all the hints on Eric's guess are supposed to be in chapter 7, when he visits their appartment the first time around. I couldn't find them, but as we have a bunch of sleuths in here...

I'll reply to the other posts later (I'm busy with a blizzard at the moment) but just wanted to add to the above post: the clues aren't just in 7. There are also quite a few in Eric's first meeting with the strippers, and a few other places, including their two-night opening of the Oak Leaf. :)

I'll reply to the other posts later (I'm busy with a blizzard at the moment) but just wanted to add to the above post: the clues aren't just in 7. There are also quite a few in Eric's first meeting with the strippers, and a few other places, including their two-night opening of the Oak Leaf. :)

There going to use the general to harm eric, chase, jon, brandon.

Maybe there really straight or bi? I can't remember if they revealed their sexuality before.

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Moderator

If they aren't brothers, then they might be cousins or life long friends. Either way, they are not boyfriends.

If there are cliffhangers in this chapter, I think they are small ones.

If they aren't brothers, then they might be cousins or life long friends. Either way, they are not boyfriends.

If there are cliffhangers in this chapter, I think they are small ones.

Well, if their not boyfriends, then I'm rooting for Jansen and Eric to have a nice dance at the wedding :wub: I just have this feeling about those two.

I think Kiether is not the gay one by the way he reacts when he's around eric.

Well, if their not boyfriends, then I'm rooting for Jansen and Eric to have a nice dance at the wedding :wub: I just have this feeling about those two.

I have to agree... the thought of those two together makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :)

• Site Administrator

I get the other feeling, with Kieth seeming to be jealous of Eric around Jansen. Jansen seems to be more comfortable around Eric in states of undress, more like someone who has played a lot of sports who don't really look at it as a sexual thing, just a guy thing.

The other thing is with Keith's protectiveness of what Jansen might say, kind of like he doesn't want him to blurt out that Keith has the hots for Eric.

Who knows? Besides CJ :P

I think the stripers are cousins. They look a lot alike. They were probably told to act like a gay couple since they were performing at a gay event.

Now what about that cliff? I think a weding on a cliff might be one of CJ's romantic fantasies. I can just imagine the proposal: "Honey, will you marry me on the edje of a very tall cliff?" :P

My appologies to those who I'm not replying to: There are a lot of things I can't respond to without giving spoilers at the moment, due to the current nature of the plot, but I love seeing all the speculation about Keith and Jansen. Thanks!! :)

Hey, he had a party to plan, he was bout to forget a few little details. 0:)

BTW, the clue to the fact that there's no beach at the resort was in the chapter where we first see the party venue (ch 13):

The effect was stunning, doubly so in that it managed to mask the fact that the pool was over a hundred feet above sea level.

That didn't preclude a beach, exactly, but it did indicate some very steep terrain between the resort and the water. :)

It seems Keith and Jansen have a secret. So do Scar and Yuri. Eric has omitted a few things from his planning. And does Eric have a secret?

Cliffs, sleeping arrangements, secrets, power over local officials...made me forget, briefly, about the volcano.

Great chapter, Cliff.

Volcano? But, the volcano wasn't even in this chapter! Why do you worry so about a slightly uneasy pile of hot rocks? :ph34r:

And yep, I typo'd the announcement. :*)

Hrmmm, I've often wondered what kind of a frog Mike is, and now, I think we know... He's a Cliff Chirping Frog!

Here's what it says...

When you spend your life scrambling about on cliffs and ledges, webbed feet get in the way. Chirping frogs are the only North American frogs that have no webbing between their toes. They are very good rock climbers and their flat bodies let them slip easily into small cracks if danger approaches.

Habitat : Eastern and southern cliff faces.

So, I think that when he says "cliff", it's more like a regular from saying "ribbit". Kind of a frog thing.

0:)

Jon

(also going to go back and reread all the chapters to see if he can find more answers, soon as homework is done)

still scowling at the cliffhangers and lack of answers

Cliffhangers? But Jon, I never use cliffhangers. :)

It is often said that a Goat would never have anything to do with a cliff. :pickaxe:

BTW, we learn a lot in chapter 19, and chapter 20 is entitled "explanations", so there won't be long to wait (20 will be the last chapter posted this year). :)

B) .............Perfect title of the chapter 'Errors of Ommision', starting with the 'boy's' parents, seems JT was amiss in showing Jane the invitation. Seems she will return the favor but not telling him where she is going! Our Exotic dancers are omitting the fact they aren't a couple, but Eric has already booked them a two bedroom suite, is Eric's 'instinct' on top of that one already? Why else would he suggest the kiss? Helen, perhaps being awakened at 4am naturally wants to omit to Eric his mother's surprise attendance. Finally Scar and Yuri are also hiding their agenda plans from the General but want to use him, hummm! for what means?

Could it be the Scar plans to unload some of the Iranian's stockpile of biological weapons?? Our Dr. Scarlove is always thinking ahead.

I declare this chapter to be absolutely full of cliffs ( I can't recall how many times the word was spoken here) :lol: But the chapter is devoid of any cliffhangers!!

Yep, a great many omissions in this chapter. A great many. :)

As for The Scar, perhaps his motives are altruistic? I've never actually said that he's the antagonist. 0:)

And thank you for the cliffhanger-free certification!! :worship:

Me thinks that the strippers.... err... exotic dancers (my bad) are hiding something and Eric knows all about it

Watching him go, relaxing in the rays of the setting sun, Jansen lowered his voice to a whisper to tell Keith,

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..