Favorite and least favorite household chore

Tiger

Favorite and least favorite household chores  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite household chores?

• Washing dishes (by hand)
    • Laundry
    • Cooking
    • Dusting
    • Sweeping and Mopping
    • Vacuuming
    • Cleaning the bathroom
    • Other (Please specify in your post)
  2. 2. What is your least favorite household chore?

• Washing dishes (by hand)
    • Laundry
    • Cooking
    • Dusting
    • Sweeping and Mopping
    • Vacuuming
    • Cleaning the bathroom
    • Other (Please specify in post)

My favorite chore is cooking. I love to cook. Ironically, my least favorite, washing dishes, accompanies cooking. :P

Unfortunately, the poll on which chore(s) were our favorites only allowed one selection, not multiples...

While I very much like to cook, I picked washing dishes as my favorite. With my hands in all that soapy water, it's one of the few times I don't get bothered.

• Nope, sorry, can't answer the phone right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't help you find yada yada yada right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't sew that button back on, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't drive you somewhere, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't bring you whatever it is you're too lazy to get yourself, wet hands.

:D

While I very much like to cook, I picked washing dishes as my favorite. With my hands in all that soapy water, it's one of the few times I don't get bothered.

• Nope, sorry, can't answer the phone right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't help you find yada yada yada right now, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't sew that button back on, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't drive you somewhere, wet hands.
  • Nope, sorry, can't bring you whatever it is you're too lazy to get yourself, wet hands.

:D

:lol:

Well, no one bothers me much anyway since I live alone, but I'm very much in agreement with Sharon about her choices. I love to cook, and it's a close second, but washing dishes is definitely my favourite. It's a really great way to just zone out and think, and I like the feel of the warm water, and the feeling of accomplishment. It feels clean to wash dishes.

The other chores like dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathroom all make me feel dirty and I do not like them at all. Dusting isn't all that bad I suppose, but I don't care for it. I loath vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom, but I virtually never vacuum in the first place (it's always been optional as far as I'm concerned) and cleaning the bathroom doesn't really take that long.

So the chore I hate the most is most definitely LAUNDRY! EUGH! It has the benefit of not making me feel dirty but that's about all it's got going for me. It takes forever and I'm really picky about how things are arranged in my closets/drawers, plus I iron after I do laundry (and thus just consider it part of the territory like the washing, drying, and folding/hanging), so it's just a miserable ordeal.

I think one of the main reasons I have so many clothes is so that I can go as long as possible without doing laundry :lol: I can make it a month even on underwear/socks and towels, and my supply of shirts, pants, and other accessories is such that I can easily go for multiple months if I'm really avoiding the laundry thing 0:)

The only thing that really gets me bogged down is that a few of my outfits are my favourites, so I usually only wash because I want one or two specific pieces. Of course then I wash the whole lot.

Take care all,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Well, cooking is my favorite, I mean you get to eat! Ha! doing dishes is no chore at all, in fact I listed cleaning the bathroom as the least favorite although to me it is no biggy!

The only reason that I hate laundry is that my bedroom is on the top floor (and thus so are my clothes, clean and dirty) and the washer and dryer are in the basement. I hate lugging everything down and up two flights of stairs. The next place I live will be all on one level, and I'm putting in a passthrough between the closet and the laundry room.

I said that I dislike washing dishes by hand; however, since I never do that, the occasion to dislike it never comes up. I don't put the good silver-plate in the dishwasher, but I use it only meals and parties on special occasions that almost always include women who will clean up the kitchen for me afterward. I just have to put the silverware away.

I love cooking unless it has to be quick and I've no exciting ingredients. Then it just makes me feel stressed out. But most of the time cooking is really enjoyable.

I hate cleaning the bathroom... And I should do that -- haha, right now. My wash basin looks horrible because my son made chocolate biscuits and then washed his hands there. Yeah. You can imagine... :blink::lol:

Yeah, I'd definitely have to say that cleaning the bathroom is my second least favorite. It can be a dirty job, but I've discovered that the more often it is done, the less disgusting it is. :D

Personally, I really think taking out the trash should have been on the list! I can't stand doing that!

What's worse though, but is of course only applicable to cat owners, is cleaning the litter box! You think cleaning the human bathroom is bad, wait till you check out the feline one :huh:

Well since I've moved to my new apt. the dishes are the only thing I hate doing. I always hated doing dishes, so I just buy paper plates and plastic forks a lot. But my new roommate still using the plates and never washes the dishes themselves. Oh but doing laundry is a lot of fun, mainly because they have a nice flat screen to watch and the tiny fitness room is next door, so I work out and do laundry. I just hate it, when my roommate does the same, and watches my calories for me. <_<

My favorite chore is cooking. I love to cook. Ironically, my least favorite, washing dishes, accompanies cooking. :P

I am totally with you on this one! I love cooking but hate doing dishes. I think the people who built the cabinets in this house were giants, they come to almost my friggin upper stomach!!! and always end up soaked. (Or maybe it's my measly 5 feet?) I especially hate doing them in the winter when, before I'm done I'll be too cold to want to finish! Plus, because of the position I have to be at, end up with back pain. UGH!!! we have a brand new dishwasher but PIGS will actually fly before the husband will put it together!!! :angry:

Plus! Everytime the husband cooks (which it's quite often and sooooo damn delicious!!) it's like he uses the ENTIRE kitchen!!! He fills both sink bowls!!!

Edited by Rush

Dusting..... I HATE dusting!!!!! That and washing windows!!!! I can't get a window streak free to save my soul.

For streak free glass/windows, use newspaper instead of a cloth or paper towels! Put a bit of clear vinegar in a spray bottle and fill with water, it's a whole lot better than the window cleaner crap with ammonia!!! YUK!

Edited by Rush

I chose laundry for my favorite. I can't cook and everything else was...somewhere on my least favorites.

Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite. I'm actually OCD and a major germophobe. My bathroom isn't so hard, but the downstairs bathroom... *shakes head* I have to force myself to do it and more than once, I've considered buying some sort of...suit for it. Gloves don't seem to be enough for me.

I have a lot of irrational fears.

Yeah, I'd definitely have to say that cleaning the bathroom is my second least favorite. It can be a dirty job, but I've discovered that the more often it is done, the less disgusting it is. :D

For easier tub/walls cleaning, I have been using a broom!, just keep a clean one just for that, it will be so much easier, no bending, backache and since the bristles are hard, it will be quite faster to finish the job. I don't mind cleaning the bathroom but..... the husband is a mechanic...... Need I say more????

Talking about doing dishes.... I don't know about you but I hate having to get my hands into the greasy leftovers (even though I can't eat fried foods or a lot of foods that have a high fat content) Keep an old credit card or one of the 100's that companies send you in the mail and scoop/scrap your pots and sink with it. It's a great scrubber for stuck on foods! I keep a few under the sink for that purpose.

Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite. I'm actually OCD and a major germophobe. My bathroom isn't so hard, but the downstairs bathroom... *shakes head* I have to force myself to do it and more than once, I've considered buying some sort of...suit for it. Gloves don't seem to be enough for me.

I have a lot of irrational fears.

That doesn't sound irrational to me :unsure:

Talking about doing dishes.... I don't know about you but I hate having to get my hands into the greasy leftovers (even though I can't eat fried foods or a lot of foods that have a high fat content) Keep an old credit card or one of the 100's that companies send you in the mail and scoop/scrap your pots and sink with it. It's a great scrubber for stuck on foods! I keep a few under the sink for that purpose.

That's very creative!

Favorite household chore ?

None of them :evil:

I voted "other" because the only work I appreciate is cleaning the dust on my bookshelves and my books :P

and least favorit chore : cleaning dishes, but I have just to put them in the washing machine and come back when its finished.

Edited by old bob