Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Gunroom

There's a lot of man sex going on in the King's Royal Navy and no one is getting hanged. :lol:

I can just hear Mr. Travers at his own hanging, "The poor lad needed body warmth. But he was delirious and accidently sat on my dick! That's the truth!"

Well, young George is one happy dude. :D

Great chapter, Mark! :worship::worship:

Great chapter! Really one of my favourites! Nice how Granger "got into the cot" :2thumbs: well done! :D I really enjoyed reading the first part (not to say the other parts were bad... just as not as good ;-D)

Why I have this feeling that I've already seen a character like Wilcox... I remember a guy who liked to manipulate people by abusing their weak sides... ;-) He ended up badly but until then he was a real pain in the ass... :angry:

looking forward to next chap! :read:

You are perhaps suggesting that my villains are too similar? I mean, evil is evil, but I think Wilcox is an entirely different character than Neil. Wilcox is younger, immature, flat out bitchy. His scheming makes him seem petulant. Neil was flat out bad. Plus with Neil, he was his own guide, while Wilcox may be the tool of other forces. But thanks for pointing that out. I try not to repeat characterizations, but sometimes it's a tough habit to break.

You are perhaps suggesting that my villains are too similar? I mean, evil is evil, but I think Wilcox is an entirely different character than Neil. Wilcox is younger, immature, flat out bitchy. His scheming makes him seem petulant. Neil was flat out bad. Plus with Neil, he was his own guide, while Wilcox may be the tool of other forces. But thanks for pointing that out. I try not to repeat characterizations, but sometimes it's a tough habit to break.

I hope you didn't take it bad, it was just they seemed somewhat similar to me. But it may be because of their attitude to the main character. ;-) And that they both want his lover. Hell, isn't that usual for soap opera villains? :-D

Edited by paya
There's a lot of man sex going on in the King's Royal Navy and no one is getting hanged. :lol:

Maybe if it was the Queens Navy the rope would have other purposes! <_<

As for the villains? I don't see that much similarity between them, except the fact that they are, well, villains! lol. But as Mark said, Neil was totally evil, Wilcox is a pain in the ass & not in a good way! :P

I hope you didn't take it bad, it was just they seemed somewhat similar to me. But it may be because of their attitude to the main character. ;-) And that they both want his lover. Hell, isn't that usual for soap opera villains? :-D

I didn't take it bad Paya. It made me think about them, and it will help me to make sure they aren't the same. Although I'm wondering how Lieutenant Travers would react to being fisted. :P

Well it looks like Wilcox got what he deserved & not before time too, blow jobs for sabotage, whoever heard of such a thing! :lol: I wouldn't have thought that's the last we've seen of him though, he's gotta be boiling over in resentment.

I can't work out Travers at all, one minute he's all over Granger the next he's infatuated with the french officer! Though it's difficult to tell if he was sleeping with him, but certainly wouldn't be surprised. George needs to keep flirting to give him a dose of his own medicine.

Great chapter once more. :worship:

Will there be no redemption for Wilcox? Surely he must realize by now that being a bitch is not a good long term strategy? "Kissing the gunner's daughter", how quaint! You wouldn't want to be kissing her a second time.

I'm curious as to the role our new midshipman, Mr. Clay, will play in the story.

Yes, there's more to this French Colonel than meets the eye. :2hands:

As for Travers and his return to aloofness, it may just be that hearing the "Articles of War" again has given him cause to restrain himself, for his his sake and Granger's. You only get caught once. :thumbdown:

Excellent chapter, Mark. :worship::worship:

:worship: Great chapter. Wilcox is gone woo hoo! And our first navy battle, which our side won of course! :P Very nicely written. :2thumbs:

Well who would've thought it, the French Colonel is the Kings brother, then turns out to be a raving Queen himself! :lmao: Must have been hard on Travers & Granger to be at his beck and call with all those threesomes n all. Nice little twist there, I liked that a lot! :D I never knew so much went on below decks, blimey I'm so in the wrong job!

Interesting that Travers gave up his ass to Granger as well, didn't see that coming, maybe their relationship will last longer than I thought it would.

Feeling a tad frisky after reading that! 0:)

Edited by Sir Galahad
mmm. Lard. :P

This is a good story. I like the historical references very much, you're good at this.

But yeah. Lard.

:lmao: I'm not sure where you would look in the history books to see if lard is accurate or not!!! :P

But I'm guessing with all the rumpy pumpy going on, Navy history may be a good place to start! :lol: .......Did I just say rumpy pumpy?! :blink:

mmm. Lard. :P

This is a good story. I like the historical references very much, you're good at this.

But yeah. Lard.

You have to be cautious around what type of lard you use. Lard can be shortening! :P

I think it's far too early in the story for Wilcox to be gone gone. I think Wilcox, as a young child, spent too much time on the tit. :P His father or grandfather need to "straighten" him out a bit. Kissing the Gunner's daughter was a good start. :D

Happy for Granger and Travers! :wub:

So you can't turn royalty down? I've always been a prince of a fellow! :devil:

Chapter 7 was extremely enjoyable! :worship:

Young Granger continues to amaze me. He's maturing and really beginning to assert himself aboard the ship. He's got Travers in his hip pocket....not to mention other places. :D A fine lad he is. :wub:

So Travers has to overcome the shame and stigma attached to his father's treason. That's a tough one. Granger certainly seems eager to help him out there. I hope the visit home to meet Granger's parents doesn't backfire. I must admit though that they're quite the formidable team.

Carnal duties. Interesting concept. :lol:

The new story is up. I hope you like it. For those of you who are sailors, I apologize in advance because I know that I'll make several nautical mistakes. So if you find such errors, here's a forum to tell me about them. Gunroom Screw-Ups Forum

I'd like to use this thread for general discussion about the story and it's characters.

Mark, again, I'm really impressed with this new story :worship: - you and your team are doing great - how you keep it up with two excellent stories at the same time... thanks for all your work. Love the new development with Granger and Travers going home together.

Dachcr

Thanks so much guys! I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

I have to admit I was pretty nervous about it. There's a thread going now about whether an author (say, for example, me) lets readers (say, for example, you) influence what I write, or if I write what I want and just hope you like it. You all have been with me on this ride, and I didn't want to let you down, but I wanted to try something new. To hear that you like it, and that you are enjoying it, makes me feel great. It makes me think that if I want to go in different directions, that it will be OK, because all of you will read it, and at least give it a chance.

Thanks. :wub:

Just an FYI, pursers in the Royal Navy of our period, in addition to tracking

supplies of food, water, etc., was also in charge of the ship's store. In

essence, he was like the independent operator of a general store on board. If a

seaman wanted new pants, or a knife, or things of that sort, he would buy it

from the purser. Pursers rarely made much money doing this (just their job) but

the crew usually viewed them with suspicion anyway. They had a general

reputation for always wanting to make a buck, regardless of the collateral

damage. In most cases, this was unwarranted.

Also..here's a link to the deck plan of the HMS Trincomalee, a frigate still

around in Hartlepool UK.

HMS Trincomalee Deck Plan

The GunRoom would have been forward of "K" (the mess),

or at least it would have in Barracuda.

Hope you liked 7. Chapter 8 will take us ashore.

:o

The 'L' word was used....it's doomed I tell ya! :P

The white elephant has finally hauled ass out of the room and they admit they love each other! Woo hoo. Though I did think the Count coming back on board would scupper things a tad, but no, our boys rose above it.

Was surprised at Travers revelation about his Father, let's hope Granger's family can help him along some. Though am looking forward to the interaction with the brothers grim when George gets home with his man in tow! Makes for interesting times ahead I think. :D

Well, this is an interesting story. I'm liking it so far. I wonder what is going to happen next. George is certainly an interesting character. Wilcox I did not like, and I was glad to see him leave. Travers is a great guy, and I wonder how true it was when the Earl said that the king was impressed with him.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..