Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Gunroom

Great story, Mark! :worship::worship:

Needless to say, I'm glad there will be a sequel following Summer Love. :wub:

Granger has turned into a fine young man and naval officer. :D

Where can I order a midshipman? :P

Edited by Conner

I have completely enjoyed this new story of The Gunroom. I was sorry to see the first book end and cannot wait for the next chronicle to begin. I found Mark's writing style to be diffrent from the CAP series but in a way that really worked.

I hope this series continues much the same way his other series has. It is so easy to get involved with all of his charectors and really care about them and want to know how they are going to develop...

I have completely enjoyed this new story of The Gunroom. I was sorry to see the first book end and cannot wait for the next chronicle to begin. I found Mark's writing style to be diffrent from the CAP series but in a way that really worked.

I hope this series continues much the same way his other series has. It is so easy to get involved with all of his charectors and really care about them and want to know how they are going to develop...

Well thank you.

It is a different story in many ways, not the least of which is the point of view. In CAP, I pick a character and it's a first person narrative. I like that, because CAP is more about personal journeys. In Bridgemont, I used third-person, which gives me the flexibility to shift between characters. It's been a really fun experiment. The first chapter of Wardroom is almost done. I'll start posting it when ASL is all up.

Totally agree with you! - Mark is a great writer and his team is doing a great job in giving us hours of reading pleasure. :wub: I'm in luv...

Jesus. Three new stories that I've never heard of. *shakes head* You get 'em up faster than I read. 0.o Or, I'm a slacker. *shrug*

Whatever. I'm late to this show, and I've barely started, but I dropped by to say I like the switch in narrative. When reading, I always enjoy the limited third person narrative best, though I think it's harder to write. With the AP series, I felt very much inside the characters heads, which is nice, and I think the whole point of the first person narrative is to make the reader feel closer to the character, but with historical fiction, I always like the visual, and I got more of that in this. You painted a decent picture with very few words for me to get caught up in. And there was a mood with the picture. I liked how you did that.

I'm rambling aimlessly now, but I'm excited about this one, and I wanted to drop by and say so, before I read on.

Cheers.

Jesus. Three new stories that I've never heard of. *shakes head* You get 'em up faster than I read. 0.o Or, I'm a slacker. *shrug*

Whatever. I'm late to this show, and I've barely started, but I dropped by to say I like the switch in narrative. When reading, I always enjoy the limited third person narrative best, though I think it's harder to write. With the AP series, I felt very much inside the characters heads, which is nice, and I think the whole point of the first person narrative is to make the reader feel closer to the character, but with historical fiction, I always like the visual, and I got more of that in this. You painted a decent picture with very few words for me to get caught up in. And there was a mood with the picture. I liked how you did that.

I'm rambling aimlessly now, but I'm excited about this one, and I wanted to drop by and say so, before I read on.

Cheers.

Thanks. I'd written CAP in the first person for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I thought it was easier to get into their heads, and it was largely a self-growth/discovery kind of thing. I was really nervous about shifting to third person, but I bit the bullet and did it with this one, and I'm feeling good about it. It's like this weird thing hanging over my head, making me wonder if I could do it or not, and now that I have, I feel relieved.

And if any of you haven't read Ross's stories, you're missing out. J Ross Stories

I have to agree with the comments here, I was totally addicted to this story from the first chapter. I never knew that sort of thing went on in the Royal Navy! :blink:

:worship: Superb story Mark, will look out for the sequel with anticipation.

• Like 1
I have to agree with the comments here, I was totally addicted to this story from the first chapter. I never knew that sort of thing went on in the Royal Navy! :blink:

:worship: Superb story Mark, will look out out for the sequel with anticipation.

Thanks so much. I don't think that they really did go on in the Royal Navy to the degree that our horny little midshipman experiences, but it certainly did go on.

Feedback from another skillful young author! I'll have to curb my ego.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..