10 Children's Books that should never be allowed

JamesSavik

omg those books are just sad, i see the point in making kids aware that it's not alright to go through those things like sexual molestation,child abuse, etc etc and to go tell your counsellor, another family member etc etc.(and hopefully they'll believe you) but come on! That's just sad that these people have to make books like that. I am sooo glad no one read those to me as a child. Though everyone in my family already knew Daddy drank to much (ha ha daddy still drinks to much but i don't live with him now) and when got angry beat me.(but that's all in my head and never happened according to Dad & his family members). Did i tell people at school no. I didn't want to end up in some foster care or in some other home where it would be worse. There was me and my sister dad never beat her or anything to her. I didn't want her going to foster care either. At school i'd just wear long sleeves and hide it. I wouldn't want some teacher in school reading that to me. So i spent years in therapy, anger management. Still f**ked up in the head but i'll get through it one day. Thanks Dad!

I laugh sometimes when i run into people who used to be old neighbours of mine and they'll take me aside and ask me how i am doing and be like "Oh it was so hard for you back then" and i know i told the 1 woman "Yeah thanks you complianed to the super indendant all the time for me running out of the place in the middle of the night though when i'm screaming for help you did nothing.

Good lawd... What happened to Amelia Bedelia and Clifford? I mean children should read books that are innocent, not this insane crap that isn't fit for anyone. The authors of these books should be shot.

Hmm there is some pretty screwed up stuff in that list but I would have to say number 7 shouldn't be there.

While I haven't actually read the book I LOVED the Labyrinth when I was a kid so I reckon the book must be a pretty good read.

In case you haven't heard, Hiroshima No Pika won the Jane Addams Children's Book award. LOL, and it is not "a cheery story of nuclear devastation". Really. I read that book as a pre-teen (a present from my aunt) and I was really emotional after reading it. I guess the book was intended for a (primarily) Japanese audience. The story's about a Japanese woman's (a hibakusha, I assume) struggle after the the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. With that said, however, I do think that some of the illustrations are graphic for children (but, that sets the mood for the story).

Michael Swaim took this story out of context when he said "“Men from the sky can kill us, our friends and our family at any time. Also, f***America.” That is not the message of the story.

Sorry guys, that book should not be on that list. There are other books that should not be on that list, like "Sometimes My Mommy Gets Angry". Although I haven't read it yet, it talks about parents suffering with bipolar disorder, and how a child is supposed to deal with it. It's like a self-help fiction book. There are really good reviews for that book as well.

However, I do agree with everyone that "Alfie's House" should be on that list.

• 3 weeks later...

No way! While I was reading the list, I thought that those titles were not true. Something you made up to amuse us, but DAYUM! WHOEVER published these and wrote these are insane! I've never even heard of these until today! Those books should be banned! (Not The Grapes of Wrath or Ulysses or many other great books!)Especially "Alfie's House." I didn't even get passed the Uncle part. :angry: