Red Wasp Stings

JamesSavik

I don't know about other parts of the country but Red wasps are having a banner year here in Mississippi.

Yesterday I stopped by a garbage can and tossed the remains of my lunch and several hundred really pissed off Red wasps boiled out of the garbage can looking for the punk that threw garbage at their house.

I got away but was stung twice. The little commie b@st*$#s have no sense of humor.

It didn't hurt so bad but today it's swollen and sore.

Any suggestions about how to treat it?

you should've covered the stings with tobacco immediately! But, I guess you didn't. Soooo.... do you have peppermint or mint oil? if not, go get some and put a drop on the center of the sting. Peppermint will cool the area and increases blood flow which helps carry off the venom they deposited under the skin as well as the chemicals your body produced in reaction to the venom so the swelling will be less itchy.

I got this from an Herbal Healing book which is my bible! I haven't been to a doctor in the years I've had this book!! Hope that helps a bit. Although, I do like Mark's suggestion :P

Edited by Rush

It's possibly oo late now but the venom in a bee or wasp sting is strongly alkali so vinegar is good to counteract it. It's good for the itching too, also good for nettle and poson ivy stingss. For soothing itching also dandelion and aloe vera, to help it heal honey.

You're slightly allergic if you're having a swelling reaction, usually they just sting and it hurts and you get over it. Anyway, it will go away.. I'm slightly allergic and it hurts and the place is swollen for a few hours (over night so about 12 hours roughly, after being stung). Over the counter allergy meds will usually keep it from swelling if you get it down right after.. after the swelling is done though there's not much one can do.. you just have to wait for it to go down... but if it doesn't then a doc is needed.

B) ..............Mix gasoline with Styrofoam in a small gas can, add a fuse and go back to the dumpster light the fuse throw it in and run. Won't help the sting, but it will make you feel better anyways!! :P

B) ..............Mix gasoline with Styrofoam in a small gas can, add a fuse and go back to the dumpster light the fuse throw it in and run. Won't help the sting, but it will make you feel better anyways!! :P

Yeah, going to jail should make him feel better... lots of sex but no lube. :ph34r:

Update:

Snuck up on garbage can with wasp nest in the dark. Captured nest + wasps in garbage bag.

Put nest and wasp in negligent caretakers shed via an air vent.

Feeling lots better. :)

Update:

Snuck up on garbage can with wasp nest in the dark. Captured nest + wasps in garbage bag.

Feeling lots better. smile.gif

Oh, you're the devious one, aren't you?!? devilsmiley.gif

Update:

:P:P .....I love it!!!!

Update:

That could be the best thing you could have done. It's classic! Remind me to never piss you off. :lol:

That could be the best thing you could have done. It's classic! Remind me to never piss you off. laugh.gif

That's what I like about James, Tiger, he gets mad, then gets even! devilsmiley.gif

I wish he lived closer, than he could scare the piss out of a few enemies of mine. laugh.gif

Enemies are always bad news. Can't do anything about them but can send some protective energy heading your way. If you feel threatened just call up a blue veil between yourself and whatever is threatening you. Call it a spell, call it a psychological boost... call it a pink elephant if you like but I find it works for me. :) And it is a lot less dangerous than wasp nests and exploding petrol cans. :)