[underthehoodster] Welcome hoodster

Thanks for the hearty welcome, Snow Dog. I'm looking forward to building a site here at gayauthors, that will be the new home of Perry and Jesse. As I peruse the member list, I recognize many of the screen names I see there, so I feel like I'm building a new home in a new neighborhood, but surrounded by friends and aquaintances. Give me a little time to get my act together, and hopefully we can have a big block party to celebrate the opening of the site sometime soon!

I knew it. As soon as I saw there was a new section in this forum I knew Sow Dog would make the first post  :king:

Tob  :ph34r:

PS: He won't bite, he's a good doggy

Always happy when I can live up to other's expectations :P

:king: Snow Dog the Domaholic Dandertha

Edit: oh, by the way, being good and biting are not mutually exclusive :whistle:

Edited by Snow Dog

:2thumbs: WELCOME HOODSTER!!!!!

Soon I will not have to visit Nifty at all!

My two favourite writers here............yeah!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Lore

Edit.......two of my fav. writers (maybe my two favs but didnt want to exclude others)

Edited by lobaiga
Guest Happyevil

Congratulations on getting hosted! This brings me joy, because this URL is much easier to remember than Nifty's was. ^^; That posed slight problems when i was trying to read a new chapter anywhere but my home PC.

Anyhoo...party? I'm up for a party. ^.~

-Kell

Welcome to Gay Authors, Hoodster :2thumbs:

I'm looking forward to discussing Perry & Jesse here in my favourite forum. :D

I highly recommend P&J to all. There's a whole bunch of interesting characters. Strange and funny things happen.

As far as I know, the story is only posted at Nifty right now - high school section - last post July 18.

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

I am glad this site started up. as a member of another site it is easy to track new goings on.

there are a few very good writers snd I must say that Under is one of them

I regognize some people here and look foward to contribute my thoughts

Robb

If anyone is contemplating reading P&J for the first time, you should know that I am in the process of re-editing all the early chapters. There won't be any changes in the story, but many plot discrepencies will be corrected, and the overall style will be smoothed out.

These newly re-edited chapters will appear exclusively at my new site here at gayauthors :D

Congratulations, hoodster!

If I can be completely selfish here, let me make a plea for getting part VI started sometime while you're revising I-V. Can't wait for the next fix! Especially looking forward to Perry's reunion with his dad. I really like his dad so far; please keep him one of the good guys!

Congratulations, hoodster!

If I can be completely selfish here, let me make a plea for getting part VI started sometime while you're revising I-V.  Can't wait for the next fix!  Especially looking forward to Perry's reunion with his dad.  I really like his dad so far; please keep him one of the good guys!

My intention is to work on Part VI while following thru on the editing project. Part of the reason for going through the story again from the beginning is to refresh my own mind of everything that has taken place so far.

So you're a Jake Thompson fan! Haven't had too many readers who want to hear more about Perry's dad. I don't want to give anything away, but I think, like most people, Perry's dad has some good and some bad qualities. I'm not sure that leaving Perry and his mom was a defensible decision, but I guess it depends upon what your perspective is.

Hi Hoodster,

I am with libbonobo, selfishly I want you to move forward, but being practical I know the way you are doing it is correct.........I feel so privileged to have been reading P&J for so long and knowing there are so many people out there that dont even know it exists.

I am also a little bit of a fan of "daddy" (Jake Thompson), cant wait to see what you do there.

Thanks for sharing your story with us, hopefully soon it will be up here at GA.

Lore

xxx

So you're a Jake Thompson fan! Haven't had too many readers who want to hear more about Perry's dad. I don't want to give anything away, but I think, like most people, Perry's dad has some good and some bad qualities. I'm not sure that leaving Perry and his mom was a defensible decision, but I guess it depends upon what your perspective is.

Isn't it funny how you write a minor character, but even that small part of your writing reaches out to someone? The post-Disneyland conversation where Jake gets all choked up really touched me.

Anyway, deserting his wife and son was certainly not defensible. He was weak and selfish, and he really hurt them. At the same time, I think you really showed in the last 2 chapters how his actions are understandable, and, one can hope, eventually forgiveable.

Understandable in that for almost 2 years, he was starved for affection; his wife couldn't accept comfort from him, and in her depression froze him out sexually. And after she slowly recovered, the dysfunctional pattern of interaction established over the long bad stretch had become habitual, and couldn't just vanish instantly. Even while still loving his wife & son (and from that post-Disney phone call it's clear that he never stopped loving them), I can empathize with how he would still be dying a little every day, and it just wasn't enough.

Forgiveable because, just as you said, he's only human, full of weaknesses and frailties. Just struggling to be happy, like all the rest of us. Then he fell in love with someone he shouldn't have fallen in love with, which again I can totally empathize with; I think all gay people understand at least a little about not being able to help who you love.

Plus, I think it would be a real coming of age and step of maturation for Perry to come to see his dad as human, learn to forgive him and love him despite his weaknesses, and also come to stop prejudging Jake's new wife as "that b**ch" who stole my dad away. It would be so healing for both Perry and his dad. Perry has a big heart, and I think he can do it.

So I guess you could say that I'm a Jake fan in that I'm rooting for him (& for Perry).

huh? uh oh.  um.  wod I do?

Mikie, if you look under your avatar you will see count that has the number of posts to the forums. Posting to Dom's blog doesn't increase the counter, posting to the forum does. Your post to 'hoodster was your first post to the forum and I was congradulating you.

I can be nice sometimes you know.

:king: Snow Dog the Domaholic Danderthal

Plus, I think it would be a real coming of age and step of maturation for Perry to come to see his dad as human, learn to forgive him and love him despite his weaknesses, and also come to stop prejudging Jake's new wife as "that b**ch" who stole my dad away.  It would be so healing for both Perry and his dad.  Perry has a big heart, and I think he can do it.

So I guess you could say that I'm a Jake fan in that I'm rooting for him (& for Perry).

Yes, I'm hoping for this outcome as well. I think we might differ on the process for getting there though.

In my view, it's simply not enough for Jake to come clean, admit his human frailties and have everything come up pop tarts. Jake needs to show Perry that he's there for him in a very substantial way. What I have in mind is something along the lines of moving his sorry ass back to the west coast and become the father that Perry needs right now. Even if that means leaving his current wife.

I mean what's the point of admiting that you've been weak and selfish, but then continue to be weak and selfish?

To a large extent, Perry has become a people pleaser. Sometimes it seems as if he has no boundaries whatsoever in his relationships with his friends. Jesse seems to be the only friend who doesn't take advantage of this - mind you, I think Jesse slipped up there at least once.

Perry needs someone significant in his life to make a sacrifice for him. Jake needs to step up and do the honourable thing. Perry needs a father.

Hugs,

I've thought that too. Perry's dad leaving his new wife and moving back to California would certainly be a more substantial outcome. I'm sure that's what Perry wishes for, and part of me wishes that for him too. At the same time, I suspect that this is too much to expect. Plus, in doing what would seem to be the honorable thing, Perry's dad would have to commit another big wrong in the process: breaking another heart, and reneging on yet another set of marriage vows. There is no clear best path to take here. (I'm presuming that his new wife is an innocent. If it should turn out that she was in fact a conniving jezebel who had schemed to win back the trophy boyfriend from high school, then she would deserve to be dumped.) Whatever happens, I think the best we can hope for is bittersweet.

The juxtaposition of your last paragraphs is interesting. Do you think that lack of a masculine presence has made Perry unable to say "no"?

Edited by libbonobo
The juxtaposition of your last paragraphs is interesting.  Do you think that lack of a masculine presence has made Perry unable to say "no"?

That would be my take on it - a definitive causal relationship (at least in real life) would be difficult to establish. In this case, we could just ask the Hoodster. :great: But I honestly don't think it's an unreasonable leap to say that Perry is acting out his abandonment issues in this way.

Now, in the other corner wearing no trunks at all :P , we have Perry the risk taker. That is a skill or attitude that could serve him well in life...either that or be his undoing I suppose.

Hugs,

It's so exciting to see old and new friends here at the gayauthors forum. I am so looking forward to becoming an active part of this wonderful community. The way it looks right now, I will be launching the new P&J site sometime in early September. It will include the debut of the newly re-edited P&J saga. No big changes, certainly nothing affecting plot or character development, but hopefully less rough around the edges. I'll explain in more detail at the site.

I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, but plan to come back rested and refreshed, and ready to dive into Part VI. I hope you'll all come along for the ride.

See you soon!