One year..

Well guys.. As of tommorow i have been at GA for an entire year. 365 Days. 525600 Minutes. I've probably spent 300,000 of them here lol

Alot has happened in this very short amount of time here at ga . I've made close friendships that will last a lifetime , i've had my heart broken , i've broken hearts ( of which i am not proud of ) and i've met my boyfriend through someone here.

• Like 3

Baby Doll, the last thing I want to see is any of my eChildren to feel helpless, loveless, unwanted, hurt, in distress. I only wish I could reach further, to more kids out there who are in desperate need of the warmth they are not receiving at home. You were one of the very first I met here and it was like a magnet! I'm only glad I was there when you needed someone to listen to you, to reassure you that life can be a beautiful thing but only if you let it be. (Why can't I listen to my own words? Seems like I never learn!)

I do apologize for not being available as of lately, ATM I'm carrying a ton of bricks on my shoulders and have been practically avoiding everyone. So for that, I do apologize but don't give up on me, keep pestering me, eventually I'll look up toward you again...

When our cat died in my arms this morning, D was sitting right there next to me so she saw Baby make her last kicks and her last loud breath and watched as her head flopped to my chest. I had already warned D that the cat was not going to make it but how can you deal with a child who doesn't understand the whys and hows? I don't EVER want another animal in my house, it seems like every cat, dog, horse we get dies too soon. The only tough ones have been the 2 Cockatiel birds which are old already but we are quite attached to them. They are both male, always kissing and playing silly games.

Much Luv my dear...

Baby Doll, the last thing I want to see is any of my eChildren to feel helpless, loveless, unwanted, hurt, in distress. I only wish I could reach further, to more kids out there who are in desperate need of the warmth they are not receiving at home. You were one of the very first I met here and it was like a magnet! I'm only glad I was there when you needed someone to listen to you, to reassure you that life can be a beautiful thing but only if you let it be. (Why can't I listen to my own words? Seems like I never learn!)

I do apologize for not being available as of lately, ATM I'm carrying a ton of bricks on my shoulders and have been practically avoiding everyone. So for that, I do apologize but don't give up on me, keep pestering me, eventually I'll look up toward you again...

When our cat died in my arms this morning, D was sitting right there next to me so she saw Baby make her last kicks and her last loud breath and watched as her head flopped to my chest. I had already warned D that the cat was not going to make it but how can you deal with a child who doesn't understand the whys and hows? I don't EVER want another animal in my house, it seems like every cat, dog, horse we get dies too soon. The only tough ones have been the 2 Cockatiel birds which are old already but we are quite attached to them. They are both male, always kissing and playing silly games.

Much Luv my dear...

I am very sorry to hear you have been struggling of late. We all go through periods like that. If you ever need me then holler and I am here. Sometimes those who are quickest to help others are the last to ask for help when they need it themselves :)

And don't talk to me about death.. it's stalking me at the moment, not that I am a stranger but still.... You cat was very lucky to breath its last breath in the arms of someone who loved her... at the end of the day that is something that we can all hope for when the inevitable arrives. Let's face it.... no one gets out of this life alive. :)

• Like 1

>>those of you who are excuse the phrase "old and wise" , who have helped me out of endless situations and things. Hat off to you :D

Who would that be? :lmao:

He would be referring to me. As I am near the definition of a sage, or maybe "sage like".

• Like 1

He would be referring to me. As I am near the definition of a sage, or maybe "sage like".

You do make me laugh. If you can be described as 'old' what the hell does that make me? I refuse to get old REFUSE i tell you. ;)

You do make me laugh. If you can be described as 'old' what the hell does that make me? I refuse to get old REFUSE i tell you. wink.gif

That's easy Nephylim. Timeless of course.

HOLD IT! Timeless?!?!? I've already admitted to being older than my dear Nephy! <Oh, by the way, here's that Linguini with Scampi, heavy on the garlic and lemon butter, Miss>

And a Sage? Chase?!? Nineteen is a bit young to be an old Sage...maybe an aged herb for cooking--even if a little stale--but not a wizened old advisor.

Give Mark Arbour & I a break, here.

HOLD IT! Timeless?!?!? I've already admitted to being older than my dear Nephy! <Oh, by the way, here's that Linguini with Scampi, heavy on the garlic and lemon butter, Miss>

And a Sage? Chase?!? Nineteen is a bit young to be an old Sage...maybe an aged herb for cooking--even if a little stale--but not a wizened old advisor.

:angry:...........Old & Wizened!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif...........Old & Wizened!!!!!!!!!!

Benjers, I make no claims on "wizened"...it implies having learned all there is to learn...which is a false assumption. :) I did not call you "Old & Wizened," however, since 95% of responsibilities are assumed by those who have them, you may assume those of the Old & Wizened Sage of GA. I've seen people here on GA that are older than I am, yet I'm older than I thought I would ever be--I mean, if we got hit by a nuclear warhead, what good would all those duck and cover drills really have done for for me in my childhood in the 60's(?)--and getting older, and wiser, every day, still.

Benjers, I make no claims on "wizened"...it implies having learned all there is to learn...which is a false assumption. :) I did not call you "Old & Wizened," however, since 95% of responsibilities are assumed by those who have them, you may assume those of the Old & Wizened Sage of GA. I've seen people here on GA that are older than I am, yet I'm older than I thought I would ever be--I mean, if we got hit by a nuclear warhead, what good would all those duck and cover drills really have done for for me in my childhood in the 60's(?)--and getting older, and wiser, every day, still.

B)..............Yep, those old drills, I wise enough to recognize them for what they were really for............kiss your ass goodbye!!

• Site Administrator

Its just amazing how it feels to be a member of this amazing community for an entire year. I'm so glad i found you!

I, for one, am also glad you've joined our community. :)

And, as anthology coordinator, I'm looking forward to your next anthology entry (hint, hint) :P

I wouldnt change anything for the world.. Well maybe my location! :D

Australia is really nice, and there are lots of young guys here who would be very happy to show a cousin from the old country around (and educate you on the correct team to support during the Ashes series 0:) )

Thanks for being here, Johnathan, and I hope you'll be here for a long time to come! :2thumbs:

Well I really just want to see Nephylim giggle and blush at my awesome, well placed compliment.

Hey, all these comments about old, wise and sage made me laugh :lol:. I'm the best example that age has nothing to do with wisdom

even if I havent share a lot of posts or comments with you, I'm proud that you found in GA something to be happier than without. My only participation in forums consists in bringing old memories from the past and trying to take the best of it for the future.

"Peace and Love" to you, as the hippies of 1969 said and lived during the 3 days of Woodstock (August 15th to 17th, 1969).I was 40 than, and my eldest sons were 17 and 13. Nice memories :great:.

Take care of yourself, and PM if you want to ask.

(very)old Bob

Edited by old bob

Well I really just want to see Nephylim giggle and blush at my awesome, well placed compliment.

*giggles like a teenager and blushes at the compliment given by the very gallant young man* specool.gif

Only just :) Yum Yum... thanks for the snack... not exactly fresh blood licked from the flesh of a nubile virgin but hey... virgins are hard to get these days :)

Sage is cool.... not only for cooking but burned in a bunch it eliminates negative energies and growing by the door with lavender keeps all sorts of bad thing away.... Not bad eh?

Actually I for one think that, when he tries... or is it when he isn't trying.. Chase drops a fair few insightful and ... sage.. comments into the mix. :)

Only just smile.gif Yum Yum... thanks for the snack... not exactly fresh blood licked from the flesh of a nubile virgin but hey... virgins are hard to get these days smile.gif

Sage is cool.... not only for cooking but burned in a bunch it eliminates negative energies and growing by the door with lavender keeps all sorts of bad thing away.... Not bad eh?

Actually I for one think that, when he tries... or is it when he isn't trying.. Chase drops a fair few insightful and ... sage.. comments into the mix. smile.gif

Know what you mean about the virgins...it's hard to find a gay, boy virgin, that's still a virgin by the time he's of legal age...sad.gif

Yeah, glad you enjoyed the Linguini Scampi...one of my personal fave's...and I love herbs planted in the yard, it's too bad I live in a condominium... thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

and I think it's more when he isn't trying...when he's up and on something, he's...interesting...to say the least, but when not he still comes across more mellow I think. His writing is also quite good...Elijah is shaping up to be quite the story...and he's accomplished quite a feat of establishing a technologically equal alternate reality therein. His other story is much grittier, the environment is wrapped around the drugs in the rich life and street scene of New York and New Jersey, but still an invigorating read.

Edited by kjames

Know what you mean about the virgins...it's hard to find a gay, boy virgin, that's still a virgin by the time he's of legal age...sad.gif

Yeah, glad you enjoyed the Linguini Scampi...one of my personal fave's...and I love herbs planted in the yard, it's too bad I live in a condominium... thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

and I think it's more when he isn't trying...when he's up and on something, he's...interesting...to say the least, but when not he still comes across more mellow I think. His writing is also quite good...Elijah is shaping up to be quite the story...and he's accomplished quite a feat of establishing a technologically equal alternate reality therein. His other story is much grittier, the environment is wrapped around the drugs in the rich life and street scene of New York and New Jersey, but still an invigorating read.

I totally agree... but maybe we should stop talking about him now ... he is only going to get even more conceited :P

I totally agree... but maybe we should stop talking about him now ... he is only going to get even more conceited tongue.gif

Is that possible?!? laugh.gif

Lastly , Nikolai and Kia Zi Shiru. I have started to get to know you both really well quite recently and i'd like to thank you for just being the people that you are and for just helping have the confidence in my boyfriend adam :)

Why thank-you my dear boy. I must offer thanks in return...you've definately kept me out of the darkness more times than you know.

Some say that everything is fated. Ours was a chance meeting and is one I never shall regret. My hat is off to you sir.

Australia is really nice, and there are lots of young guys here who would be very happy to show a cousin from the old country around (and educate you on the correct team to support during the Ashes series 0:) )

Best country in the world as far as I'm concerned...and I know at least three of the aforementioned young guys personally. (Is there really another team?:P)

Woodstock (August 15th to 17th, 1969)

Woo! Woodstock! 40 years on and I'm doing my best to bring it back

Oh, we exist. Frustrated and horrified, and dreading becoming 'the fourty year old virgin', but we exist.