Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Bloodlines

But adult adoptions aren't completely unheard of, especially to reestablish true lineage.

Among other reasons. It's a rarity, but it has been done. Also, it's not necessarily a biological parent who adopts an adult "child". It is just legally establishing that relationship, or at least it can be. One would have to do some legal research for the state in which it is going to be done and also make sure that such laws allowing such were in existence at the said time. The internet may hold the answer, but if it doesn't, a legal library at a university may hold answers to the questions.

Edit to add: A quick Google search yielded this page as a good place to start. :)

http://www.saclaw.lib.ca.us/pages/adult-adoption.aspx

Edited by Tiger

I was really hoping for Matt's sake that his parents' first reaction to the news he was gay was merely an attempt to control him, and that when that didn't work and he didn't come crying to them they would back off some. Apparently not. That would take a heart of stone to make plans excluding your only child from Christmas and then not even talk to him about it. Yeah, cutting off the money was harsh too, but that again could be about control. Not wanting to see your son at all - very harsh.

I really liked how everyone, parents and grandparents alike, are now contributing to Matt's finances. Money isn't love, but I'm sure it's helping Matt to feel loved by all of them.

I'm afraid Matt's going to need more support tomorrow when he watches that tape.

I'm afraid Matt's going to need more support tomorrow when he watches that tape.

ch38: barf.

I think what to expect to see when the videotape rolls...

barf.

Please no! Not his father abusing him. :angry:

No wonder mom drinks like a fish. If she were sober, she'd actually have to act like a parent and intervene.

This is so horrific, so sad. :(

Drama indeed! I expected his parents to do that. I don't like Wade's parents either. His father is a hypocritical control freak, and the mother is total drunk... No wonder Wade hates them, especially his father. It's terrible, what he said about pro-lifers (eww, I'm defending them.) Anyway, the reason it's terrible is because he's supposed to represent them politically, yet he calls them crazy. That is the worst kind of politician. He's not in the least a man of principle. He's vile. Oh, and there was no sex, just a couple of allusions to sex that wasn't even good. Why is Wade such a lousy lay? :(

I'm afraid there was sex Tiger. :(

Please no!

You know, I realized it's quite refreshing that Matt and Wade have problems in bed... All those gorgeous guys having amazing sex ten times a day was making the story less and less realistic.

So true, paya. I don't know how they still have energy for all of it with playing hockey and school. School alone leaves me exhausted most nights, I can't imagine adding in a sport. They must be chugging energy drinks like mad to do all that they do. Though I totally understand Wade's not wanting to have sex during finals. As a library hobo for seven days every December and April, I was impressed that he even made it back to the dorm. The fact that he wasn't jacked up on caffeine and looking like Gollum by the end is just not fair. Now if only I could get through my midterms in less than a thousand words instead of the next 18 agonizing days.

Cliffhanger for sure, i'm pretty sure there was something that was video taped....but anyway HOLD EVERYTHING. ohmy.gif

Cell phones in the dorms, in 1998??? Really?? cellphones were back then??? they even STORED contacts???? RIM(Canadian Blackberry makers) Just came around in 2002....with setbacks, and really got into it in 2006.

So i Question Matts use of Cell phone technology. That's Pretty rich Equipment, i think it would've been required to mention when he got this cell phone given to him, not every one had them back then...hell no one i knew had one.....in 2002ish is when older people started having them, and 2007 i got my own, and now ages from 7-dead have them.

I think as a rich man having a cell phone, i think it would've been stolen, indefinatly.

I don't like it at all, wades family.....interesting, Politics i love but that man can die in a horrible penitration horse accident. =.= I WANT THAT TAPE tongue.gif

Beau is dissapointing. ohmy.gif Not impressed!! ohmy.gif

Anyway post it fast....its.....national story posting day tomorrow....(one of tho's subliminal e-mails that say it's national skip day or coming out day biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif)

Edited by Mark M

ch38: barf.

I think what to expect to see when the videotape rolls...

barf.

Huh... my mind's gone wild :D there actually doesn't have to be anything... Matt threw the remote somewhere, a button could be clicked... and I'm paranoid!

Cell phones in the dorms, in 1998??? Really?? cellphones were back then??? they even STORED contacts????

OMG I feel old! Kind of like when we were little and used to ask our parents if they had to drive the horse and buggy to school when they were young! Yes, I had my first mobile phone in 1994 when I was in college, and by 1996 when I got married I had a small one that wasn't too dissimilar from what we have today, except a bit bigger. Well not too dissimilar as far as the actual phone functions went, but no cameras, internet, games, etc.

Huh... my mind's gone wild :D there actually doesn't have to be anything... Matt threw the remote somewhere, a button could be clicked... and I'm paranoid! :wacko:

Or they are laying on the bed and telling fairy tales... :blink:

Moreover, it's not sure it's in the next chapter. Matt doesn't know what he had recorded and they're going to do sightseeing and stuff, watch Clinton's impeachment... he even can run out of space and re-record the first record.

In post #707 Mark said we'd know in two chapters what was going with Wade, and that was before this last chapter was posted, so I think we should know something in the next chapter, even if it's not the whole story. I agree with calling this a cliffhanger. Inquiring minds want to know!

Edited by jenni

One question...when will Matt watch the tape? after he gets back to California or while he is still in DC? As of right now he doesn't think there is anything on it, if he even remembers it's recording.

It amazes me the hypocrisy of some people (Sen Danfield). I realize he is just a character and Mark can make him as hypocritical as he wants to, but to sit there and talk about "nailing" the president for what he did, and then go into your sons bedroom and do what we all assume he did. Un-f-ing-believable! angry.gif Self rightous politicians make me sick. Ok, stopping the rant now....

On another note, I have a scary feeling that something really really bad is about to happen.

Just want to add my cents worth on the cell phone saga - I life in South Africa and I had my first cell phone in 1997, with memory, etc. So, as a rich student in the USA, I can presume he will have a much better version than mine in 1998!

Now, the camcorder, it will be interesting if Matt and Wade go with daddy to the impeachment, record the day, and come home and have a family viewing of the content of the days events... hmm drunk mummy and stiff nose daddy will have a shock of their life!!!

Mark, I dont like these cliffhangers, unless the next chapter is online within the next 24hrs! biggrin.gif

Mark, I dont like these cliffhangers, unless the next chapter is online within the next 24hrs! biggrin.gif

I don't know how long we'll have to wait. The latest one was planned for Tuesday, but it was released early because of me. 0:)

That was awesome, truly a great chapter. I think we are all pretty sure we know what is going to come next but still...

I am liking Wade a lot. He is one of your most...'real' characters and he is making Matt more 'real' too. The others are all larger that life and even in their imperfections they are perfect. Wade is also larger than life in his way but he is flawed and vulnerable and hurt and he is brining out the caring side of Matt's nature and it is beautiful to watch.

I am looking forward to the next chapter a lot.

Well there is something else.....Matt turned it on before wade went into the room.....so maybe sen danfield will get it first and watch wade and matt make out??? that'd be badddd....i'd flee for life....

Anytime mark :D

Well there is something else.....Matt turned it on before wade went into the room.....so maybe sen danfield will get it first and watch wade and matt make out??? that'd be badddd....i'd flee for life....

Anytime mark :D

Shit will really hit the fan if that happens. However, Wade may indeed be better off considering Stef's promise. :)

Matt wouldn't like stefs promise though hahah!! tongue.gif Anyway cell phones back then that remember contacts....interesting....ohmy.gif O

plus service must have sucked!!

Edited by Mark M

Wow, I was busy all day and just got to check back in...to find you were busy too. Some thoughts:

1. Cell phones were around, and weren't just for the rich and famous. Hell, I had car phones in the early 90s.

2. I like Wade too (thanks Nephy)

3. Everyone thinks they know what is going on...but no one seems to wonder why?

Cell phones in the dorms, in 1998??? Really?? cellphones were back then??? they even STORED contacts???? RIM(Canadian Blackberry makers) Just came around in 2002....with setbacks, and really got into it in 2006.

So i Question Matts use of Cell phone technology. That's Pretty rich Equipment, i think it would've been required to mention when he got this cell phone given to him, not every one had them back then...hell no one i knew had one.....in 2002ish is when older people started having them, and 2007 i got my own, and now ages from 7-dead have them.

I think as a rich man having a cell phone, i think it would've been stolen, indefinatly.

oh, dear young Mark,

I assume that you recording your age as 19, means you was born in the year 1990.

well, I remember clearly when I got my first cell phone, it was springtime, in the year 1993.

You were but a two years old :) [though, I did not know you at the time]

I remember that I used my one free hour in a schoolday by going to a shop selling them a few blocks from the school. And I used my that cell phone in the school...

and in some afternoon quite soon, I went walking to a larger park and had calls with a couple of friends...

In 1995, I upgraded to a better (and smaller in size) cellphone. I recall it was that one which served me still in 1998...

That cellphone fit to trouser pocket. I know because it was in my trouser pocket plenty of times, for example in discoes where any jacket (= a cloth with bigger pockets) would have been undesirable. And contrary to usages of some here, I actually never used handbag :)

And that cellphone certainly stored contact numbers.

oh, dear young Mark,

I assume that you recording your age as 19, means you was born in the year 1990.

well, I remember clearly when I got my first cell phone, it was springtime, in the year 1993.

You were but a two years old :) [though, I did not know you at the time]

I remember that I used my one free hour in a schoolday by going to a shop selling them a few blocks from the school. And I used my that cell phone in the school...

and in some afternoon quite soon, I went walking to a larger park and had calls with a couple of friends...

In 1995, I upgraded to a better (and smaller in size) cellphone. I recall it was that one which served me still in 1998...

That cellphone fit to trouser pocket. I know because it was in my trouser pocket plenty of times, for example in discoes where any jacket (= a cloth with bigger pockets) would have been undesirable. And contrary to usages of some here, I actually never used handbag :)

And that cellphone certainly stored contact numbers.

Well there's a perception blown. I always pictured you toting a purse, Enric. Something with big flowers on it.tongue.gif

Mark M, being the ripe ol' age of 23 (24 on the 7th), I gotta comment on the cell phones comment, you young Whippersnapper.

Yes, we had cell phones in 1998. 1998 was the year that cell phones actually became more affordable and the technology for them really improved. Here's what a typical cell phone in 1998 in looked like:

http://www.hotbuy4u..../NOKIA-5190.jpg

You could store contacts on it. Texting, I don't really recall them having that function, though some of the fancier phones had it. And there were some small games, like Tetris, that you could play on your phone.

My sisters got their cell phones in 1998, when they were in high school. One passed down her 1998/1999 phone to me at the age of 14 in 2000, which was a red version of the phone I put up there.

What's interesting is how much closer to our world that CAP world is getting to- they have cell phones, computers, internet, flat-screen tv's, DVD players, CD players, digital camera recorders. It's been interesting to see how technological changes have affected the lives of our CAP world. Of course, we also got to remember that with them being rich, they get the new technologies when they come out much sooner than the regular folk do...because I don't think most people were rocking DVD players or flat-screen tvs until around 2000, when they had become more affordable.

Cell phones used to be a status symbol for most of the 90's- if you were a kid who had one in high school, that marked you as a "have" rather than a "have-not". But again, by 1998, they were becoming much more affordable and average people were getting them.

So it's right on the money that Matt and his friends have them. I think it would have been anachronistic for JJ or Will to have them, though- in the late 90's, they didn't buy cell phones for elementary or middle school kids. I was in 5th grade in 1998, and I didn't know anyone who had a cell phone. I did know a girl who had a pager, though.

Edited by methodwriter85

3. Everyone thinks they know what is going on...but no one seems to wonder why?

Well, I have had my thoughts on that, too, at least from Wade's point of view. I think Wade is protecting his younger brother from their father. Wade thinks if he is always around when his brother is (since his brother goes away to school, too) and doesn't fight his father too much, then his father won't do anything to Beau. That's why Wade goes into a trance during sex, so he can mentally deal with it and not fight it, even when it is repulsive to him.

Well, I have had my thoughts on that, too, at least from Wade's point of view. I think Wade is protecting his younger brother from their father. Wade thinks if he is always around when his brother is (since his brother goes away to school, too) and doesn't fight his father too much, then his father won't do anything to Beau. That's why Wade goes into a trance during sex, so he can mentally deal with it and not fight it, even when it is repulsive to him.

I agree. Wade's protective of his brother, we have already mentioned that ("Don't even think of touching him." remark). Wade's motives are pretty clear. What we don't know and what I can't imagine is why Wade's father would do anything like that! :wacko: That is why I want the next chapter as early as possible - I don't have any idea what can lead a person to physically sexually abuse their children. :blink:

I made some research about this topic and some people are mentioning that people who are abused for an extended time develop something like a mental "safe place" where they can run to hide, to block off all the physical abuse. What I found freakingly pervert is that some people are searching for that or even training to reach such state because then they are able to endure more pain. :blink::ph34r:

Anyway, kinky Mark makes re-appearance! :D After fisting, another BDSM practice into your stories? :?

Edited by paya

The really freaky part, one that I am exploring in one of my stories... is when people have been physically and sexually abused sometimes they can only have an orgasm when that it reproduced, or when they are recreating it in their minds. Rape as a kink or sexual fantasy is not as uncommon as you might think. Although I don't think, from the story so far that this is something that Matt is going to have to deal with.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..