[DomLuka] The Taste of Others: Chapter 5

Hey Matt,

Great chapter! Just found it this morning. I hadn't been to the yahoo forum for quite a while.

SPOILER WARNING

It was great getting to know Troy better...at least I think I know him better. I'm not really sure. The hard ass stud has a soft side :great: . By and large, though, he's still pretty much an enigma.

Liam's plan to get things going with Troy took me totally by surprise. It's seems so out-of-character. Glad to see that he's taking his love life into his own hands...well, Troy's hands, but you know what I mean. :P

The authoritarian-like exchange so far is really hot. I'm loving it.

As always, MORE please!

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Conner, I thought it was a great chapter. I learned that Liam really is a teen who gets ideas in his head and really doesn't appear to communicate well. But then again, it makes a great story. It is also a variation of the comedy of errors, perceptions leading to wrong headed conclusions and as a post in the DomaLuka Yahoo forum said, why did Liam allow a whole year go by without a word to Troy?

Geez, they saw each other every day! At least confront Troy and say what is up, express rage, hurt, anger, anything..but silence....If I were Troy, I would think that Liam saw him as a piece of meat to have sex with and that Liam thought it was just a hook up...the 2nd go round produced more sex and no talking (remember Liam let his hormones do the talking and Troy wanted to talk...)

It will be interesting. By the end of the story, I wanted to say to Liam, hey butt head (no pun or buns intended), get it together....and I found a new affinity for Troy, whom I am beginning to really like.

It could also be that I see the same analogies and conflict within and between characters as I do in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice" in which perceptions and assumptions ruled relationships and made a mess of things for all involved..until they learned the old adage "don't judge a book by its cover" (geez another pun but it fits the puns and buns and other such things)

But, oh well, Matt has written another great chapter and yeah, it is hot and full of irony and angst and all sorts of emotions and I am really loving every bit of it....he has done a great job developing each of the characters/players in his very cool story:)

Michael

Yeah,

So, I feel like I've figured Troy out, but I have no idea who Liam is. It's like, in the beginning a lot of people could relate to him, and now he's turned into this character that no one really likes and ....

I dunno. Maybe I'm doing a shitty job [and I've TRIED to stay out of it until now. Believe me I really tried to let the readers do as much analyzing as they want] but LIAM IS INSECURE. That

Matt..you must be tired...rather you know it or not, you have written a perfect story..it has first relationships...what to do or not to do....inner demons, (I mentioned Pride and Prejudice because it reminds me of that....don't judge a book by its cover and the perceptions we have of others change as we learn what is behind the person's outward conduct)

Liam is young and inexperienced. That is part of the story line and what will happen or not

Troy craves someone to actually talk to him and love him for him and not the stud he is. Troy's home life molded him into him (guarded yet when you see the real him, well, who couldn't fall in love with him..)

and its the inner conflicts and demons of all the other characters..all that for a perfect storm of intrigue, passion, love, drama, pain, heat, hot sex and so on.....ooh la la is what I say!

Honestly, I realllly reallllly LOVE this story and the last chapter did it for me...IMHO you went into the minds of each of the characters, let us see how they FEEL, their home lives, and what they are about.

It left me WANTING more please:)

so, get some sleep and when the creative mood strikes and inspiration, I know you will go back and add to the excitement. Well, I hope so any way:)

Michael

Yeah Matt...

You are a great writer, I have really loved reading your stories, both Gentle Persuasions and A Taste Of Others. I really do hope that you continue to write and I would love to see Liam gain the confidence in himself that Troy could give him and Troy to see that he could actually be loved or admired by someone for the reasons he so desires. You definately have a great way of telling your stories and I really hope that you know that you have readers who think you write amazing stories.

Viv

Listen, Matt, men suck at relationships.  In my view, it takes a woman to manage a relationship.  Don't ask me why, it sort of comes naturally to them.

I used to think that, but now that I'm raising a pair of kids, I realize it's crap. Yeah, girls are generally better at it than boys, but the reason girls seem so much better than boys at it? We teach the girls how, and expect them to know, while we don't teach the boys how and let them slide.

Building and maintaining a relationship is work, and it needs skills that have to be learned. Guys can do it just fine, we just get shortchanged by our parents when we're growing up and nobody teaches us how.

I tend to agree with Zot on this. There is definately a differece in the way we raise our boys and our girls, though I try not to do that myself. I think it falls solely on the shoulders of the parents. Like, for example, how some parents will let there sons date at 14 because it is "macho" or whatever to do that, but their daughters have to wait until 16 or even later, because they are the ones who can get pregnant. Overlooking the fact totally that their son could impregnate a girl just as easily and that can be just as difficult a situation to deal with, that is if you have any sense of morality. I guess it really depends on the type of parent you are and if you know what type of human being you are trying to contribute to the world or not.

Viv

Now let's just hold on a minute here. I have no difficulty with people disagreeing with me, but this is not the soapbox. Zot, I would ask that you not refer to my views as "crap". And, Viv, I have no idea how you went from relationship management skills to young men impregnating young girls, seemingly attributed to parents (or did you mean the father specifically?) who lack moral standards.

Ok, so let's talk about parenting. Can competent committed parents pass on reationship skills to their son? I really don't know the answer to that question. What I do believe is it's not happening...at least not yet. Further, I don't see it happening any time soon. The state of parenting on this continent is very poor and only seems to be getting worse.

Now, I didn't say that men can't be in a relationship. I said men have no skills at managing a relationship and that would be better left to a woman.

One more thing, by attributing this possible state of affairs to primarily parenting discounts that there are basic differences in how men and women are wired.

I don't want to hijack Matt's thread here - and yes, I do accept responsibility for that, should we take this to the soapbox?

Hugs,

Conner

Conner,

Whoa... I didn't mean to upset you and I am glad that you can understand that people might have a different opinion on things than you. But, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that not only parents, but society too, put different emphasis on what to teach boys than girls while they are being raised, one of those things being relationship skills. So, basically, I am agreeing with you, :2thumbs: besides I know that in my relationship that after 13 years I am definately the "manager" of it. Ask my husband, he is the first to admit it. I was only trying to say that parents can teach these skills to their kids if they realize it is an issue, instead of being raised as they were... Now, no need for the soapbox on my end... Friends? :unsure:

Viv

Yowzah! I didn't mean to offend, nor do a soapbox-preemption of the thread. "Crap" was a poorly chosen word there -- I should've said "that turns out not to be the case". I won't argue that guys often do poorly with relationships, but it's been my experience that's more because we don't teach them how and less because of any innate lack of talent for relationships. That we may be less innately talented doesn't mean we're destined to be inept at it, but it's really tough to be any good at something nobody's taught you how to do. (Or, worse, taught you how to do wrong)

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow! Please more..I ' can't wait to see where exactly Liam is heading with what he is doing, I think that both Liam and Troy need to sit their ass's down and have a serious talk.. but where will the fun be in it for us..lol... :evil: