Have you stopped wearing a watch because you have a cell phone?

Toast

I've owned a cell phone since i was...12-14, and before that I only ever wore a watch if it was a real expensive one that I could gloat about :lol:

B)....................I never liked wearing a watch, I quit wearing them a good 35 years ago. I'm rarely late for anything!

cool.gif....................I never liked wearing a watch, I quit wearing them a good 35 years ago. I'm rarely late for anything!

This is a new game called Benji tag. The last to tag gets to brag. About where Benji got tagged. Like right here of my thread.

I use my phone. which is easier now than it used to be as the clock is the screen-saver. or if it's blacked out goes straight to the screen-saver if I press a small button.

I never liked wearing watches, but I did have them. I think I wore them :unsure: yeah, I remember having one that I kept on for a while - and it got tatty as I wore it so much. I don't like fuss so I'd wear it loose enough that I could wash underneath it without taking it off, and I'd leave it on in the shower. I don't wear any bracelets either, they just annoy me and I lose jewellery so easily.

so phones forever.

I use both a watch and a cell phone. The cell phone has one big advantage my watch lacks. It has a calendar/appointment/alarm feature that alerts me to meetings, etc. without my having to check my watch frequently. That feature is synchronized with my MS Outlook calendar...very helpful.

I wear a watch -- a Timex Expedition with a brown leather strap and glow in the dark face/hands for casual wear which I only take off to shower (and sometimes to sleep) or to wear my other watch, which is a brushed silver (SS) link (so it don't shine) for dress-up that I got in high school. Neither is a real fancy watch, but both serve their purpose, and each fit, which for me is a major factor. I have rather small wrists. I guess I would use the phone more for telling time, but looking at my wrist is so ingrained it hasn't been retrained yet.

On the otherhand, DC doesn't own a watch, prefering to use his phone, ipod, or other electornic device.

As Krista said, a watch has other functions. Its a jewel, often a very expensive one.

See, for instance this one :

discount-watches.jpg

nice, isnt it 0:)

or this one : Rolex_Daytona.jpg

It costs more than 12'000 USD. You wear it mostly to show yourself :P

BTW, mine is an old Swatch (price 50 Swiss francs !)

As Krista said, a watch has other functions. Its a jewel, often a very expensive one.

It costs more than 12'000 USD. You wear it mostly to show yourself :P

BTW, mine is an old Swatch (price 50 Swiss francs !)

I've heard it said, "If you want to impress people, wear a Rolex; if you want to know the correct time, wear a Seiko." I have three watches each of which cost me less than USD 100. My old Seiko still keeps great time, but my Steinhausen is more stylish (thinner, larger face). My Tiffany Portfolio was a gift and has a black leather band; I use it when wearing black shoes and belt.

A creature of habit, I always check my watch for the time and never leave home without wearing one. I never leave home without my cell phone either.

• Site Administrator

My hubby has an ecodrive and I have a ESQ, both really nice watches but we never wear them. Him cause of work and me cause it broke 3 years ago and I am too lazy to fix it. Cell phones rule except I keep washing them, (like 4 in 3 years) they need to make them washing machine proof.

Edited by Cia

I wear a hi-tech digital watch with radio-remote heart monitor during physio...the monitor transmits not only to my watch, but also to the cardio equipment...the one I'm on, and the ones on either side of me. People who don't understand that get a real high thinking they're doing so well on the treadmill, when it's my heart rate they're seeing. The rest of the time, I wear a "showoff" watch which is more an accessory than a time-piece, although it's very, very accurate. If I really want to know what time it is, I'll pull out the cell phone...after all, if you can't trust the AT&T time signal, who can you trust.blink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There are occasions where I simply cannot have a cellphone, such as in meetings, and I wear a watch then. It's always a pain to find one of them (I have three depending on the level of dress I'm shooting for), because otherwise I never use the things.

Oddly enough, people have all my life asked me the time whether I had a watch on or not. It was really weird growing up, but now I'm resigned to it.