Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Cody Needs a Partner

Cody's Man  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Cody end up with...who should his partner be?

• Matt
    • Brian
    • Robbie
    • Brad
    • Marcel
    • Max
    • Danfield
    • Cole
    • Alejandro
    • Someone we haven't met yet
    • Someone on Matt's Hockey team

If memory serves (I"ll have to go back and read "If It Fits", Cody spent quite a bit of time in college, at Univ of Wisconsin - Madison. That's a good school. He didn't graduate, but he certainly would have done his first two Gen Ed years there.

EDIT:

From Chapter 8 of "If It Fits":

“Which college?”

He lay on his back and pulled me over so he could look at me. “University of Wisconsin, Madison. And no, I didn't graduate; I only made it through half of my junior year.”

If memory serves (I"ll have to go back and read "If It Fits", Cody spent quite a bit of time in college, at Univ of Wisconsin - Madison. That's a good school. He didn't graduate, but he certainly would have done his first two Gen Ed years there.

He did go to Madison, but his flippant response of "I ran out of guys to f***"" or "I got bored" leads to be more firmly convinced of his lack of intellectual curiosity and why he isn't a suitable match for Kevin. Cody has never shown interest in going back to school or getting his degree or even advancing in his position. I think that leads to trouble being partnered with someone who is ambitious.

He did go to Madison, but his flippant response of "I ran out of guys to f***"" or "I got bored" leads to be more firmly convinced of his lack of intellectual curiosity and why he isn't a suitable match for Kevin. Cody has never shown interest in going back to school or getting his degree or even advancing in his position. I think that leads to trouble being partnered with someone who is ambitious.

I think you may be confusing with what Cody says with what he's thinking. I don't see any reason for him to get his degree at this point in life, where he's focused on a successful career. Maybe he'll want to do that later.

Regardless, it's your last sentence I have to disagree with. Ambitious people often find those who aren't, because they compliment each other. I understand where you're coming from, thinking of an ideal couple as two people who are together because they want to be, not because they have to be because they're co-dependent. They both have successful careers, and that gives them a certain degree of independence. But there are a lot of other couples out there. Your standard Ward and June Cleaver couple (or a CAP analogy: Stef and Greg) show another type of relationship.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..