Favourite Childhood film

Daisy

There really were a lot that we watched all the time.

One of them was Jumanji. It used to scare me at first. But it's a great film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumanji_(film)

Jumanji_poster.jpg

Another one we watched all the times was Bednobs and Broomsticks. My parents used to have a bed like used in the film that had those nobs on the corners that you could twist off as well :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedknobs_and_Broomsticks

BedknobsandBroomsticks.png

Don't know what made me think of Jumanji. Oh, it was the video to the latest Black Eyed Peas song :)

I recommend both! to adults too.

Edited by Smarties

Oh yeah.... I loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks... still do. And I loved Chitty Chitty Bang Bang too.

But my favourite childhood film of all and one that I infected my daughter with too... was Doris Day in Calamity Jane... :)

*Once I had a secret love... who lived within the heart of me. All too soon my secret love became impatient to be free.* :)

I think my favourite movie was GVR: de Grote Vriendelijke Reus (in English it's called: The BFG: The Big Friendly Giant), after Roald Dahl's book :)

And of the Disney classics, I'd say Beauty and the Beast... :wub:

The BFG, yeah I remember that. Can't remember now whether I watched the film or just read the book. But I definitely read it!

Or of his what about James and the Giant Peach.

and the most scary of scary children's films/books. The Witches. OMG, that scared me so much. I couldn't really read it in a room alone.

My favorite childhood films were Benji and Lassie - my mom says I would just stayed glued to the tv everytime they came on, the one I remember the best tho and saw every weekend at the drive-in were the Planet of the Apes films, my grandmother and I would go every weekend and watch them 2 or 3 times and spend hours at the drive-in!!

biggrin.gif

My favorite childhood films were Benji and Lassie - my mom says I would just stayed glued to the tv everytime they came on, the one I remember the best tho and saw every weekend at the drive-in were the Planet of the Apes films, my grandmother and I would go every weekend and watch them 2 or 3 times and spend hours at the drive-in!!

biggrin.gif

Lassie reminds me of "Skippyyy, Skippyyy, Skippy the bush kangerooo!!" :D Don't know why though :P

And I seem to remember that James and the Giant Peach! :D

Do you remember Pete's Dragon? :P

Lassie reminds me of "Skippyyy, Skippyyy, Skippy the bush kangerooo!!" :D Don't know why though :P

And I seem to remember that James and the Giant Peach! :D

Do you remember Pete's Dragon? :P

No don't recall that one. But skippy, hell yeah :)

Lassie reminds me of "Skippyyy, Skippyyy, Skippy the bush kangerooo!!" biggrin.gif Don't know why though tongue.gif

And I seem to remember that James and the Giant Peach! biggrin.gif

Do you remember Pete's Dragon? tongue.gif

Heck yeah I remember Pete's Dragon LOL!! Helen Reddy was in it. laugh.gif

• Site Administrator

I would have to say that my favorite movie from childhood was the first one I saw in the theater at the age of 7. Willow with Warwick Davis and Val Kilmer was awesome. It had it all: sci-fi, fantasy, fairies, witches, trolls, brownies... A small strange child's smorgasboard of playtime fun afterwards. As an adult I almost squealed when I saw the special release DVD. Of course I snapped it up right away.

Willow_movie.jpg

The Marx Brothers movies were favorites. "A Night At The Opera" among them

Also liked the Three Stooges.

And the Hope and Crosby road pictures. "Road to Morocco"

I haven't seen any of them. I'll maybe have to dig them out. :)

W.L that is typical so many people love that film. I liked it, but it wasn't my favourite.

As a child of the 90's I am going to have to go with the Disney films. I adore Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Little Mermaid. There is something about the hand drawn technique that Disney used back then that gives it that something extra. The new Disney movies just can't really compare, though Up did come pretty close.

• Site Administrator

without question, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Gene Wilder was, IS, freaking amazing.

Oh yes, I still remember the first time I saw Willy Wonka at a sleepover when I was 7. I was soo pissed off when they remade it into the freakshow version that Depp did... it is just disturbing.

P.S. I am not dissing Depp, fans of his please don't kill me, just the screenplay as written...

The Jungle Book cartoon version and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang were classics

As well as A Christmas Story I think thats what its called with Ralphie

OMG!!! and OLIVER my fave line: 'Please sir...may I please have some more' ::sad whiny pouty poor face::

All Dogs go to Heaven :D I loved that film!

Personally, my favorite childhood film (and it still resonates heavily with me today) would be Hotaru no haka (Grave of the fireflies). Yep, I was exposed to such tragic films when I was little :P Mum and I used to watch that film together on VCR once every few months :P