Nice Kiss Adam!

Myr

I was laughing so hard. I was a bit shocked that they censored him on the west coast... I didn't notice any censure in AZ. At first I had no idea if he'd kissed a guy or a girl... but I guess it's a guy :).

Anyway, as expected the bigots are getting pissed. Had it been Beyonce and Lady Gaga, they'd be stroking it right now.

Maddy (:

I was laughing so hard. I was a bit shocked that they censored him on the west coast... I didn't notice any censure in AZ. At first I had no idea if he'd kissed a guy or a girl... but I guess it's a guy :).

Anyway, as expected the bigots are getting pissed. Had it been Beyonce and Lady Gaga, they'd be stroking it right now.

Maddy (:

Don't kid yourself Maddy. They're probably stroking it right now over Adam. biggrin.gif They just won't admit it. That's how bigots work.mad.gif

• Site Administrator

That looks like the guy that he had watching him in the audience a few times on American Idol.

• Site Administrator

Last year at the Josh's company Christmas party, the field superintendant kissed the company owner/boss, right in front of their wives and the entire room during the white elephant exchange.... talk about LMAO..and needing to cut both of those double fisted drinkers off from the bar! Course no one censored them...it was just funny...Great group of liberal thinkers!

Edited by Cia

Don't kid yourself Maddy. They're probably stroking it right now over Adam. biggrin.gif They just won't admit it. That's how bigots work.mad.gif

Hehe

I like when he was pulling the guys with chains, I liked it I didn't care for his outfit though really :P

i actually didn't love it. (and i love spectacles.)

the song comes off as a strange threatening/self-congratulatory/consentual-rape performance.

woohoo for same sex kissing on stage, but woohoo also for making it ugly and associating it with s&m. really, high five adam.

i mean i'm glad for it in ways, but i was annoyed with it overall, and i went in with a good attitude.

• Like 1

i actually didn't love it. (and i love spectacles.)

the song comes off as a strange threatening/self-congratulatory/consentual-rape performance.

woohoo for same sex kissing on stage, but woohoo also for making it ugly and associating it with s&m. really, high five adam.

i mean i'm glad for it in ways, but i was annoyed with it overall, and i went in with a good attitude.

Interesting point. It's kind of a double-edged sword, don't you think? Things have to be outrageous enough to spark attention and debate, but if they're too outrageous they drive away people who might by sympathetic to gay rights.

The wonderful 'religious right' decided to raise a ruckus...probably the same one that didn't raise a ruckus when Madonna and Ms. Hilton kissed on the air...

KJames, the protests from what I have read are about the total display of vulgarity, not just the kiss. Unfortunately yes there is a double standard when it comes to the girl/girl kiss vs the boy/boy kiss, but his overall performance was just plain vulgar. I feel the same way about his performance as most of these critics, the simulation of felatio and grabing the girl dancer's "lady parts" and flipping the bird were NOT appropriate for television. The kiss, well that is a whole different thing.

Edited by gmendias
  • Like 1

This was in this mornings New York Post -

Booked by CBS after ABC pulls plug

by MAXINE SHEN and DAVID K. L I

Adam Lambert's kinky moves are too hot for ABC but just right for CBS -- from early morning to late at night.

Booted from ABC for his sexed-up shenanigans on Sunday's American Music Awards, the glam rocker is set to perform on CBS's "The Early Show" this morning and then on "The Late Show with David Letterman" tonight.

Lambert -- an "American Idol" runner-up who came out as gay in a Rolling Stone interview this year -- ripped ABC for pulling him from its lineup at the last minute, insisting that "GMA" would have had no problems hosting a sexy woman if she'd given the same steamy performance on stage that he did.

adam_lambert--300x300.jpg ReutersHOT STUFF: This raunchy Adam Lambert performance on the American Music Awards got him canceled by ABC. "I do think there's a slight double standard," the 27-year-old singer told Ryan Seacrest on the "Idol" host's radio show.

"We've seen female pop performers doing extremely sexual routines for years, and all of the sudden, a guy does it, and it's crazy."

An ABC rep refused to respond to Lambert's comments.

During the flashy rocker's AMA show-closing, live performance on ABC, he groped a female dancer, kissed a male musician and shoved a male dancer's face into his crotch.

Although the latter move was edited out of the West Coast airing, Lambert's act drew more than 1,500 complaints to ABC from other viewers who saw it.

The outcry led "Good Morning America" to pull the plug on his scheduled appearance on its show today, fearing he'd repeat his over-the-top sex antics.

Canceling Lambert's "GMA" performance "wasn't a hard decision," an ABC insider said.

"That performance wasn't appropriate for morning TV, and no one wanted to take the chance that we'd see it again," the source said.

But almost as soon as ABC canceled Lambert, the Tiffany Network signed him up.

Hours later, Letterman announced that Lambert would be on CBS's signature late-night show. He will be performing two songs -- but not "For Your Entertainment," the song that got him in trouble.

"He's a newsmaker, and we wanted to give him a chance to explain his side of the story," a CBS spokeswoman said.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation agreed that Lambert's AMA act would be too adult for morning viewers, but faulted ABC for not trusting the "Idol" performer to tone it down

"It is disappointing that 'Good Morning America' did not give Adam Lambert the opportunity to tailor his performance to their audience," said GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios.

A GLAAD spokesman added, " 'Good Morning America' confirmed that sexual orientation did not play a role in this decision. GLAAD advocated that 'Good Morning America' work with and host Adam Lambert and continue to host openly gay and lesbian performers and guests in the future."

Edited by gmendias