Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

Another fantastic chapter Mark. And two full errors! What a treat to spot them. They are SO rare. It is nice to know you aren't totally perfect. I mean hot alone is bad enough but HOT and talented? Too much to bear.

lol

I even had two of my own characters in Roll Call mention you. Those traitorous little bastards. I'll be writing them out soon enough. And I'll do it with a cliff hanger.

So anyways, a new piece of flesh in Brummel and what is with Arthur? I feel bad for him already and I am clueless who it could be. I mean, it could be ANYONE because he surely has done them all at least one and the good ones lots of times. Somehow I think Caroline will take care of him. I wonder how long before Cavendish returns.

I wonder if Winkler is staying . . . satisfied? Or have rats taken over the chart room? Sad that there is no one's butt to polish the gunnars daughter but maybe in the next chapter eh? I mean Cavendish must be replaced and that means that Clifton moves up and they are shy a midshipmen.

Gatling is the new midshipman. I'm glad you liked the chapter! I've got one more to edit before I finish up the next one.

Gatling is the new midshipman. I'm glad you liked the chapter! I've got one more to edit before I finish up the next one.

Saweeeeeet Mark. This is one of those that could go on for years and would never get old. Your writing is so brilliant, your detail sufficient but never overwhelming. Just the right amount to make your readers mind "write the rest" making it the perfect format, color, smell, taste, what ever because the readers mind defaults to the best choice for them.

Your ability to carry this epic with consistency and accuracy for the vehicle, times and area if second to none.

In short, you and your team really rock.

Happy forth of July or first of July if either apply to you and yours.

r

Looks interesting; hope it becomes available in the US. There was a pretty decent show on the Battle of the Nile maybe 10 years ago, part history, part achaelogy - "Napoleon's Lost Fleet" or someting like that was the titile. Not a dramatizxation, though.

Peter

Looks interesting; hope it becomes available in the US. There was a pretty decent show on the Battle of the Nile maybe 10 years ago, part history, part achaelogy - "Napoleon's Lost Fleet" or someting like that was the titile. Not a dramatizxation, though.

Peter

I'm not sure whether there's enough new detail in the programme for you. I recognised quite a bit from this story, so I was ahead of the class :).What is was primarily doing was looking at various logs and identifying a few people and looking briefly at who they were and what their role was and where'd they come from. But it was interesting. And having a visualisation of sorts was good. It also looked at Nelson's tactics in the battle he famously died in.

Edited by Smarties

I'm starting to come down with BWS again.

Then it's time to communicate WTF I'm doing. I'm on vacation right now in Europe. I actually may have a chance to do some live reconnaissance of the Mediterranean Coast, so I've been putting this story on the side for a bit to see if I could in fact come up with something interesting based on the geography. What does that mean? Do a bong hit and relax for a week or two.

Then it's time to communicate WTF I'm doing. I'm on vacation right now in Europe. I actually may have a chance to do some live reconnaissance of the Mediterranean Coast, so I've been putting this story on the side for a bit to see if I could in fact come up with something interesting based on the geography. What does that mean? Do a bong hit and relax for a week or two.

Lower lip quivering :( A whole week or two?

I may have to get more booze. Or some mushrooms or something. Nobody will sell that stuff to an old guy. Sheesh it's a bitch getting old.

Didn't you just have a vacation in Hawaii? Man, I just knew Millennium was going to do that.

Maybe I'll have to go back and re-read 20 again. Watch Granger give his salute in my mind's eye, while the admiral hears the report of the gunnar's daughter being kissed as they leave the port. A grand salute if ever there was one. :great:

Relief At Last!!

I feel so much better when Grainger is back in my life. not that I live vicariously through Grainger...well not ALL the time....

Thanks Mark :worship: , much appreciated !

Awesome chapter. It looks like Granger narrowly escaped an encounter with a Wilcox. I guess they'll never change. If only Granger's father could destroy them completely...

It also looks like Granger has a harem. :P

Edited by Tiger

A great chapter. Twice in danger. It is questionable as to which was more dangerous, Mann or the French Fleet. My vote is that the French Fleet would let him die with dignity while Mann was likely to set him afloat against a 74 gun with a pistol and wet powder.

If there was just some way for Mann to become in debt to Granger. Perhaps a rescue after taken and imprisoned in a French Jail. Or maybe by Granger coming to the rescue after Mann was injured and his ship disabled. Perhaps towing them to safe haven. Then Mann getting the medical treatment that saves his life.

That would load a pile of dung in the Wilcox's sails wouldn't it?

A great chapter. Twice in danger. It is questionable as to which was more dangerous, Mann or the French Fleet. My vote is that the French Fleet would let him die with dignity while Mann was likely to set him afloat against a 74 gun with a pistol and wet powder.

If there was just some way for Mann to become in debt to Granger. Perhaps a rescue after taken and imprisoned in a French Jail. Or maybe by Granger coming to the rescue after Mann was injured and his ship disabled. Perhaps towing them to safe haven. Then Mann getting the medical treatment that saves his life.

That would load a pile of dung in the Wilcox's sails wouldn't it?

I don't think peace with the Wilcox family is ever going to happen. It's a rivalry that has be a constant through the entire series. It seems that there's no end to their hatred of the Grangers. I don't think the Grangers wish to resolve it either. Instead they want to destroy them.

I don't think peace with the Wilcox family is ever going to happen. It's a rivalry that has be a constant through the entire series. It seems that there's no end to their hatred of the Grangers. I don't think the Grangers wish to resolve it either. Instead they want to destroy them.

Divide and conquer. I am not so sure that Mann is totally in love with the Wilcox family either. I find people with that mentality generally tolerate each other. Not out of respect but out of fear of retaliation from the rest of the clan. And with such tenuous relations, strife abounds internally and it is also easy to build a rift amongst them with a little rumor or innuendo. In fact you can destroy a family that way if it is done properly.

Now, two things are left to be said. First, anyone feel that Caroline lacks the ability to destroy them from within? She is a chess master of words.

The second thing to be said is this. Having said all this, one must still remember that blood is thicker than water.

What a craftsman Mark. You have personified them to a near point of sentience in the readers. Hell, some are even having sex with them. :blink: Regularly.

What a craftsman Mark. You have personified them to a near point of sentience in the readers. Hell, some are even having sex with them. :blink: Regularly.

ok, which of you disloyal readers are NOT having sex with them?????

ok, which of you disloyal readers are NOT having sex with them?????

Oh, no. You misunderstand. Everyone obviously is having sex with them. It's just that, well, some are having it :blink: irregularly.

Oh, no. You misunderstand. Everyone obviously is having sex with them. It's just that, well, some are having it :blink: irregularly.

irregular sex.?.. like a 96 instead of 69?:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

hope you are having a great vacation. Would love to check in on the Granger clan if you get a chance. :)

hope you are having a great vacation. Would love to check in on the Granger clan if you get a chance. :)

Dude! He's in Paris and "We" aren't. Does that suck or what?

Mark said "relax for a week or two..." It's been three! Millenium chapters keep right on coming (so to speak) but poor Granger and his fans...

Mark said "relax for a week or two..." It's been three! Millenium chapters keep right on coming (so to speak) but poor Granger and his fans...

i agree - i'm getting very aggro with the withdrawal syndromes - i need my next shot soon! PLEASE!

i agree - i'm getting very aggro with the withdrawal syndromes - i need my next shot soon! PLEASE!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..