Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

Now THAT was a tasty feast! But I would have preferred you broke the chapter after the trial. It seems a little short. :blink: Not a cliff hanger really but like it was cut directly into two parts in the very center so you could get two chapters out of it instead of one large satisfying chapter. :angry:

:D Having said that, here is what I think should happen. The Purser and the Captain should get flogged a dozen lashes to the fleet before being put ashore in shame. Sawyer should be given the Captain's test and then given command of the ship where he orders full rations and extra grog for the crew.

And Lennox should kiss the gunnar's daughter privately on Granger's ship. :wub:

OH! I almost forgot.

Thanks for a great half chapter Mark.

We were beginning to think you had forgotten us completely.

:D

Captain Haynes seems like a buffoon and a drunkard. I must say that I love how Granger handled him. I can't wait to see what happens to him because of the incident. And to think that he was trying to blame it on his own men. He's such a disgrace. I bet he'll be hanged.

By the way, I hope we don't have to wait as long this time. 0:)

Edited by Tiger

Captain Haynes seems like a buffoon and a drunkard. I must say that I love how Granger handled him. I can't wait to see what happens to him because of the incident. And to think that he was trying to blame it on his own men. He's such a disgrace. I bet he'll be hanged.

You won't have to wait as long. Belvidera 31 will be posted by Wednesday.

Hanging is too quick. Flogging to the fleet especially if Sawyer got to do the flogging.

And BTW tiger. I like the other picture better.

You won't have to wait as long. Belvidera 31 will be posted by Wednesday.

Sweet! I can't wait to read 30.5!

My very dearest Mark, :worship: , you have excelled yourself!! :2thumbs: between the latest Granger (he's really establishing hinmslef a good network in the fleet, isn't he?) and the "other" story, you are bloody marvellous; how does your beloved cope with all these comments which must swell your head...... ..

As far as Grainger, I think he may need to get a note back to his wife to "fix" the political mess he is obvioulsy going to create while under Jervis.

I look forward to 31....

and I agree re Tiger's image.....B)

My very dearest Mark, :worship: , you have excelled yourself!! :2thumbs: between the latest Granger (he's really establishing hinmslef a good network in the fleet, isn't he?) and the "other" story, you are bloody marvellous; how does your beloved cope with all these comments which must swell your head...... ..

As far as Grainger, I think he may need to get a note back to his wife to "fix" the political mess he is obvioulsy going to create while under Jervis.

I look forward to 31....

and I agree re Tiger's image.....B)

THANKS!!!

I am so thrilled the second half of 30 came along so well. And Justice was served. Perhaps the courageous officers who spoke the truth will not be shunned by the new captain under fears that they will speak ill of him too.

So now we have two names to watch out for. Haynes :stupid: Wilcox. And we shall see if Mann can be frazzled into submission :evil: or better yet, into forcing Granger to act against Jervis' orders under force. I think I would enjoy watching Jervis tear into Mann. :mace:

Now, about Lennox . . . :*) kissing the gunnar's Daughter once before they get too far down the coast to enjoy it . . . 0:)

That was a great chapter. I'm glad that justice was carried out. I think the punishment was quite fit. Surely they would have considered death a compassionate punishment. Oh, and now Granger is going to Gibraltar. It is said to be magnificent. Admiral Mann is seemingly grasped by the testicles too, which I'm sure is much to Granger's delight. :D

That was a great chapter. I'm glad that justice was carried out. I think the punishment was quite fit. Surely they would have considered death a compassionate punishment. Oh, and now Granger is going to Gibraltar. It is said to be magnificent. Admiral Mann is seemingly grasped by the testicles too, which I'm sure is much to Granger's delight. :D

Gibraltar, the way the Rock seems to rise up from the sea, is pretty stunning. I spent some time there on vacation.

Gibraltar, the way the Rock seems to rise up from the sea, is pretty stunning. I spent some time there on vacation.

I'm enjoying the story still :D.

Did you meet the monkey's :)?

Guest Wyndham

I know the uniforms are not quite right, but when I saw this picture I immediately thought of Granger.

Any thoughts?

Posted Image

I know the uniforms are not quite right, but when I saw this picture I immediately thought of Granger.

Any thoughts?

Posted Image

Well that's just excellent! I like the expressions on the guys' faces, especially the hot brunette in front. Reminds me of Calvert.

Any thoughts?

Posted Image

I think that brunette in front needs to be punished for not being appropriatley dressed. (he has a button undone :rolleyes: ..... send him to me and i will look after the punishment...... I may even send him back afterwards......;)

I think that brunette in front needs to be punished for not being appropriatley dressed. (he has a button undone :rolleyes: ..... send him to me and i will look after the punishment...... I may even send him back afterwards......;)

I agree! :angry:

Make him kiss the gunnar's daughter. :devil: Polish the caronades! :D0:)

You know, with a front cover like the one above, and the expert writing of Mark, I will buy all the books that are published under his name - why not, Mark?

That cover was awesome! Thanks for your nice thoughts.

That cover was awesome! Thanks for your nice thoughts.

Ya, totally salable item.

No worries mark. I was just checking. Like a good steak, totally worth the wait.

That really was meant to say steak.

I'm personally grateful the stories are still free.

I miss the early frequency of the Bridgemont series. I feel like Caroline waiting longingly for any word from my George. :-(

I know, I try not to, but for the HMS crowd, The Millennium computer glitch was real. :read: Just late in cuming.

We're all still down with it. :( The doldrums of HMS readership. Just biding our time til a textual breeze occurs that allows us to unfurl our sails and other unfurlings, (those of us that have furlings that is.) Just waiting for Granger to unfurl his . . . um, thing and maybe climb the mast or . . . um, something.

Oh heck, I think I'll go polish my carronade. :wub: Maybe the gunnar's daughter will get a date. :blink: Hmmm, maybe if I polish it enough, she won't need one. hehehehe 0:)

:D

Sorry guys. Life gets busy, and I have to focus on the real world.Posted Image

Sorry Mark, it wasn't meant as a guilt trip. I was just having some fun with it. They are totally worth the wait. This is recreation, Life has to come first.

Cheers,

Ricky

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..