Open Club  ·  283 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Belvidera

icky Stares at watch and taps toe. Goess to Mark's page, hits page refresh. Looks at watch. goes and writes two long overdue lines on his own work, goes back to Mark's Page, hits refresh. ::sighs:: Sees Paya doing the same :(

icky Stares at watch and taps toe. Goess to Mark's page, hits page refresh. Looks at watch. goes and writes two long overdue lines on his own work, goes back to Mark's Page, hits refresh. ::sighs:: Sees Paya doing the same :(

Mark shakes head, knowing he sent chapter off to be published, knowing that Joe has a life and a job and he'll get to it as soon as he can.Posted Image

Mark shakes head, knowing he sent chapter off to be published, knowing that Joe has a life and a job and he'll get to it as soon as he can.Posted Image

A life? He has a life? I had a life once.

It was waaaay over rated.

Now I just wait for chapters.:P

f**k yeah he has a life. He's hot as hell. Posted Image He probably even gets laid once in a while. Posted Image

Awesome chapter. Still hanging out here to make sure they get away but brilliant move. Thanks Mark and to everyone who helps and supports your writing.

A good chapter. I thought slipping out of the harbor was brilliant but I guess it isn't over. That was too easy. The sun will be up soon and the less wounded will be on the hunt.

Awesome Mark.

A good chapter. I thought slipping out of the harbor was brilliant but I guess it isn't over. That was too easy. The sun will be up soon and the less wounded will be on the hunt.

Awesome Mark.

You're right about that. There's bound to be some enemies ahead. How many I'm not sure, but I know Granger and his crew can handle it!

And Posted Image, but where the f**k have you been Tiger?

I hope you have the Perrrrrrrfect answer Tiger or you might find yourself with a sultry bike on the back of the neck during your next tryst. :devil:

:blink: (Damn Lucky cat):P

And Posted Image, but where the f**k have you been Tiger?

I've been around. I'm a forum lurker. 0:)

Anyway, how is that off-topic? I was talking about the story, and how there are likely more threats. It was way too easy for them to get away, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more enemies to deal with soon.

I've been around. I'm a forum lurker. 0:)

Anyway, how is that off-topic? I was talking about the story, and how there are likely more threats. It was way too easy for them to get away, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more enemies to deal with soon.

No, my comment/question about you not being around was off topic. Please try to follow my line of thinking.Posted Image

No, my comment/question about you not being around was off topic. Please try to follow my line of thinking.Posted Image

I get it now. I thought you were saying that I was. I was blond when I was younger, so there are some residual effects.

You're right about that. There's bound to be some enemies ahead. How many I'm not sure, but I know Granger and his crew can handle it!

I guess we are going to be hanging out on this cliff over the looooong weekend?

Nope. Chapter 25 just cleared final editing and is in the posting loop.

Sweeeet!

Happy Memorial day! Me wifey's B'day too. hehe - (The OLDER woman) When we were kids she held it over my head, now I hold it over hers. lol

A Fantastic and moving chapter Mark. Wonderfully crafted. But of course I agree with Mr. Roberts. Mr de la Haye needs to kiss the gunner's daughter.

Maybe if Granger catches him giving Ranger a boot. He might even enjoy delivering it himself. :2thumbs:

I hope a Frenchman doesn't sneak up on them while Granger sleeps or Winkler could could find himself in deep shit. :read:

I hope Cavendish :chris: survives. :hug:

And we have a new player I see. Gatling! Brown Hair Blue eyed replacement. :wub: And Miguel wants to be his cabin boy? Winkler may have something to say about that. :o

Now THIS was a meat and potatoes chapter. And no cliff hanger? :huh: Are you losing your touch? :blink:

Overall the chapter was good. I have but one complaint, and that is Cavendish. He can no longer be a navy officer. His career is over. I don't get it. What happened to the maggots? Whenever Calvert had a similar injury, those critters saved his leg. Why was it so different this time?

Overall the chapter was good. I have but one complaint, and that is Cavendish. He can no longer be a navy officer. His career is over. I don't get it. What happened to the maggots? Whenever Calvert had a similar injury, those critters saved his leg. Why was it so different this time?

Let's play doctor. Posted Image

Cavendish didn't have an open sore, gaping wound. The bones in his leg were broken in a couple of places. Since they couldn't mend, off they came. Nowadays, he would have probably had an operation where they put some pins in and held it in place, and eventually it would heal. Not in the 17-1800's.

Calvert had an open wound (think blood and pus) that had become infected and gangrenous. That's where the maggots came in handy.

Who says he can't still be a navy officer?

Maybe they had different standards back then. Losing a limb is usually ends a military career. I'd think there'd be a difference between being a navy officer and being a pirate. :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..