Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 5

Enric

ch5: I am guessing that Trevor's father went to have some gay fun of his own

B)....................I don't know about that :lmao: !!! But I get the impression me that Trevor's dad is not coming back! And something does seem fishy about him. Oh well, great easy chapter with no cliffhangers, which is quite odd all by itself!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm going with a different way altogether. I think Dirk is well aware of Trevor's attachment to his Mom, even though she has been gone for so long. I would imagine why Dirk is so uneasy with him is that he has possibly met a woman and he is feeling intense guilt over seeing another woman. Also worried to death of Trevor's reaction if he finds out. Will Trevor think of his Dad as cheating on his mom?

Couple of things stood out to me, one was his dad was supposedly going to one of the weekly trade shows in Miami. Does that mean Dirk is gone once every week overnight? Second was the boxes of tax receipts, I really wonder what is in there?

Thanks for the chapter CJ specool.gif

• Like 2

ch5: I am guessing that Trevor's father went to have some gay fun of his own

I can't comment on that, but Dirk should be please when he gets back and finds the work he thought he had to do, done. :)

B)....................I don't know about that :lmao: !!! But I get the impression me that Trevor's dad is not coming back! And something does seem fishy about him. Oh well, great easy chapter with no cliffhangers, which is quite odd all by itself!

Cliffhangers? But, of course there are no cliffhangers! Circumnavigation, just like all my prior novels, is cliffhanger-free!

I agree with Enric. Trevor and Dirk are having a communication problem...I think.

Greetings, Your Amphibiousness!

Might I humbly remind you that we are still awaiting your ruling on the posted chapters? I look forward to their being amphibiously certified as cliffhanger-free. B)

I'm going with a different way altogether. I think Dirk is well aware of Trevor's attachment to his Mom, even though she has been gone for so long. I would imagine why Dirk is so uneasy with him is that he has possibly met a woman and he is feeling intense guilt over seeing another woman. Also worried to death of Trevor's reaction if he finds out. Will Trevor think of his Dad as cheating on his mom?

Couple of things stood out to me, one was his dad was supposedly going to one of the weekly trade shows in Miami. Does that mean Dirk is gone once every week overnight? Second was the boxes of tax receipts, I really wonder what is in there?

Thanks for the chapter CJ specool.gif

Dirk, like everyone in Trevor's life, knows about Trevor's deep attachment and lingering grief. Trevor is pretty open about it. Also, the file boxes... Good catch! Yes, they contain

I'm sure as heck not going to say what's in them, other that we find out, otherwise, the Echidna will get me!

BTW, the next chapter is called "Fun in the Sun". :DB)

Damn right Goat Aussie's can be dangerous ;)

Your right a new gf sounds correct about dirk. I thought he was going to turn 18 soon, but he's going to actually turn 17 soon?

So when will ben come back? ;)

Edited by Drewbie

Damn right Goat Aussie's can be dangerous ;)

Your right a new gf sounds correct about dirk. I thought he was going to turn 18 soon, but he's going to actually turn 17 soon?

So when will ben come back? ;)

Well all fear the Echidna! :ph34r:

Trevor is, at this point in the story, less than two weeks from his 17th birthday. He's just finished his junior year in high school. :)

come on CJ all the cliff hangers are under water cliffs!!!!

you're sneaky!!

btw - thanks for your responses - its real cool to hear them

I look forward to his week end cruise ...

I hope he's not going alone and I hope maybe some stow aways board like ben and lisa?

I'm sure lisa like to witness a gay moment

hey too much type casting in your gay guys ... all of them tall .. blonde and brunettes

no distinct details like one has longer legs or arms than the other ... one has a bigger bulge than the other

mmm u miss Trevor to joke on lisa - you're gaydar's broke!!

well I'm sure you're dad won't miss a stock item you can use to fix it!!

Hey underage drinking!! mmm I wonder if Joel or Trev can hold their beer

and play spin the bottle

and lisa never it

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Since CJ won't tell you what's in the boxes, I will.

Paper

You know what, I will even go even further than that, as I have inside information that I haven't been sworn to keep secret:

Tax receipts

Look out Trevor :o

Steve (runs to hide in case Graeme is lurking around)ph34r.gif

• Like 1

Nah, I bet there's something more in those boxes, I'm just not sure what, like, say, a will and life insurance papers. Mom faked her own death because she was having problems with Dirk and because dad was in trouble with the chandlery. Answer... 1 dead woman and a heart broken kid.

come on CJ all the cliff hangers are under water cliffs!!!!

you're sneaky!!

btw - thanks for your responses - its real cool to hear them

I look forward to his week end cruise ...

I hope he's not going alone and I hope maybe some stow aways board like ben and lisa?

I'm sure lisa like to witness a gay moment

hey too much type casting in your gay guys ... all of them tall .. blonde and brunettes

no distinct details like one has longer legs or arms than the other ... one has a bigger bulge than the other

mmm u miss Trevor to joke on lisa - you're gaydar's broke!!

well I'm sure you're dad won't miss a stock item you can use to fix it!!

Hey underage drinking!! mmm I wonder if Joel or Trev can hold their beer

and play spin the bottle

and lisa never it

What? Me? Cliffhangers? Never! 0:)

Typecasting? Partially guilty; I tend to make many of the gay male characters what I find attractive. I also try to write the descriptions in such a way as to let the reader's mind fill in some of the blanks, so they can see what they like. Trevor and Joel look similar, and are swimmers, and five foot eleven. I don't often specify height, but I have a reason to do so in this story.

Trevor, at 16 (just a few days short of 17) is the youngest character I've ever written, but there are plot reasons for that. (actually, I take that back: Eric, in "For the Love", was 15, but straight, and he was just the stereotypical sometimes-annoying but lovable kid brother.).

Paper

AHHEM! Talonrider, that could be perceived as a SPOILER! :P Beware the Echidna! :mace:

You know what, I will even go even further than that, as I have inside information that I haven't been sworn to keep secret:

Tax receipts

How... taxing! :P

BTW, did anyone notice this bit from chapter 5?

Ten minutes later, Dirk wheeled the car onto Interstate 95, heading north, the signs for Miami rapidly receding in his rearview mirror.

Dirk had said he was going to Miami and here it is in his rearview mirror. There could of course be many explanations; he might be driving in reverse, or have a rotten sense of direction, might have another stop to make, or maybe he's going somewhere other than where he said?

• Site Administrator

Paper

Tax receipts

*cough* *cough*

As it is now Christmas Eve here in Australia I'm feeling generous. However, can I point out that unless you wrote the chapter in question, you can't issue spoilers. After all, even if you've seen the coming chapters, CJ could change the contents of the boxes between now and when they are posted.

Therefore, in future please use the word 'probably' when doing this sort of thing. :P

Excuse me while I get back to preparing for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

Graeme :mace:

Edited by Graeme

Nah, I bet there's something more in those boxes, I'm just not sure what, like, say, a will and life insurance papers. Mom faked her own death because she was having problems with Dirk and because dad was in trouble with the chandlery. Answer... 1 dead woman and a heart broken kid.

It says in the narration that

Trevor put the last of the cleaning supplies away and then looked at two file boxes full of old tax records.

So, there are indeed some tax records in there, per the narration. In fact, the way it reads, we can safely assume that's most of what's in there. :)

HOWEVER, in order to be very wary of the Echidna, I will neither confirm nor deny that those tax records are on paper! They may, after all, be done the old-fashioned way, on clay tablets. So, for fear of a spoiler, I cannot say what form they might take. :ph34r:

Err, however... Due to the apparent Christmas Amnesty offered below, maybe I can get away with saying that there may or may not be something else in those boxes? :ph34r:

*cough* *cough*

As it is now Christmas Eve here in Australia I'm feeling generous. However, can I point out that unless you wrote the chapter in question, you can't issue spoilers. After all, even if you've seen the coming chapters, CJ could change the contents of the boxes between now and when they are posted.

Therefore, in future please use the word 'probably' when doing this sort of thing. :P

Excuse me while I get back to preparing for tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

Graeme :mace:

ACK! But, oh Anti-Spoiler Echidna, it's not fair to put all the onus on the poor writer! After all, I may very well have no idea what I said! :wacko: :blink:

Do cliffhangers sometimes come in boxes? :P

I can say, with utter certainty, that no cliffhangers are involved! :P

• Like 1

We've had this debate over and over!

Nobody asks you if you want to be circumcised. You're a day old. They just do it.

I know that there are good reasons pro and con. Nobody should be looked down on for it either way.

Oh Wait... nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Nobody asks you if you want to be circumcised. You're a day old. They just do it.

I know that there are good reasons pro and con. Nobody should be looked down on for it either way.

Oh Wait... nevermind.

wacko.gif All I have to say to that is....WHAT? lmaosmiley.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh Wait... nevermind.

larger085.gif

The obvious:

Dirk is not going to Miami (at least, not right away).

The box likely contains more than just tax records. Certainly, it contains some, but if it has been sitting on that shelf for so long then Dirk must have some kind of attachment to it.

The Goat has a woody for blond surfers.

The not obvious:

Where is Dirk going? What is his motive? Clearly he is ashamed, as he couldn't meet his darling son's eyes at all the morning he left.

What's in the box? Did Dirk launch his own investigation of his late wife's disappearance and give up?

Theory on the disappearance of the Ares:

She drifted off course and did not notice due to the nature of the Triangle. Thus, while she thought she was well-away from shore, she actually got too close and nailed a reef. The reed punctured the boat, forcing it to take on water. Then, her radio equipment was cut off from the magnetism of the triangle. Sinking to her decks, she lost all power, rendering her electronics useless. The motors couldn't propel her forward, and the weight of the water rendered the sails useless. So, she continued to drift until a) she sank completely (and she will, after a while) or b ) she ran aground somewhere uncivilized. Deserted island somewhere. If we're at scenario a), then the mother is most certainly dead (heat stroke, starvation, drowning, etc.). If we're looking at scenario b ), then she could well be alive...

CJ... exactly what Chrysler sedan did you have in mind? 300M? Concorde? LHS? New Yorker?

Edited by rknapp

The obvious:

The box likely contains more than just tax records. Certainly, it contains some, but if it has been sitting on that shelf for so long then Dirk must have some kind of attachment to it.

The not obvious:

Where is Dirk going? What is his motive? Clearly he is ashamed, as he couldn't meet his darling son's eyes at all the morning he left.

What's in the box? Did Dirk launch his own investigation of his late wife's disappearance and give up?

She drifted off course and did not notice due to the nature of the Triangle. Thus, while she thought she was well-away from shore, she actually got too close and nailed a reef. The reed punctured the boat, forcing it to take on water. Then, her radio equipment was cut off from the magnetism of the triangle. Sinking to her decks, she lost all power, rendering her electronics useless. The motors couldn't propel her forward, and the weight of the water rendered the sails useless. So, she continued to drift until a) she sank completely (and she will, after a while) or b ) she ran aground somewhere uncivilized. Deserted island somewhere. If we're at scenario a), then the mother is most certainly dead (heat stroke, starvation, drowning, etc.). If we're looking at scenario b ), then she could well be alive...

CJ... exactly what Chrysler sedan did you have in mind? 300M? Concorde? LHS? New Yorker?

B)...............A very nice well thought out analogy of the plot!!!!

The obvious:

The not obvious:

Great speculation! I can't comment (if I do, Graeme wil get me) but that's great!! Thanks!!

The Chrysler I had in mind is a 300M. :)

and yet, somehow, CJ, in his wily, cliff hopping ways, is going to completely prove all our theories wrong.

Bleh....Bring it on! (Hint Hint)

Cliffs? Me? never!!

Chapter 6, Fun in the Sun, posts in a few hours. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..